🔴🟡Thistle vs Queen’s Park⚫️⚪️ - 31st August 2024

Slightly dreading this one, record at firhill has been shocking since 2022. Saying that, I don't think there's a great gap in quality between the teams, so I'd hope we can take something from this. Losing ferrie could be big, but my consolation is that Jack wills will not be the worst keeper on the pitch, because thistle thankfully always seem to provide.

I'll say 1 each

Assuming no one back from injury, I’d go with:

Roberts

Nilsson - Ashcroft - O’Reilly - Milne

Bannigan - McBeth

Smith - Turner - Fitzpatrick

Ablade

If some of our better players (i.e. Brian Graham) are back then obviously they come in. The constituent parts of the team are mostly there, I think, it just hasn’t clicked at all yet. And we keep getting people f**king sent off, so avoiding that would be lovely. 

Not sure what to expect. The goalie has been good and arguably MotM in each league game. The defence has been okay and I liked what I saw from Terry yesterday.

Nilsson didn't have a great start so might benefit from playing further back.

Problem for me has been the midfield. We need to get the balance correct in there.

Fitzpatrick and Turner did well in setting up Ablade yesterday but haven't contributed much else in an attacking sense so far. We need to get them on the ball a lot more.

I would take the scrappiest of 1-0 wins here. A decent attacking performance on top of that would be lovely. 

3 hours ago, starshot131 said:

Slightly dreading this one, record at firhill has been shocking since 2022. Saying that, I don't think there's a great gap in quality between the teams, so I'd hope we can take something from this. Losing ferrie could be big, but my consolation is that Jack wills will not be the worst keeper on the pitch, because thistle thankfully always seem to provide.

I'll say 1 each

This will be our first visit to Firhill under Davidson, if I'm not mistaken. We've had a tough run of fixtures to start the season and this is no easier, but the team and performances are really starting to come together.

If Kerr and Thomson are back I'd be confident of us putting in a performance and getting something here. Hopefully Austin Samuels will have signed by then too, just to give us another option off the bench.

This is all assuming Jack Wills is up to it after Ferrie's antics got him sent off yesterday; big opportunity for him.

Edited by Zanetti

Has it been confirmed how long Graham is expected to be out for? Ablade probably done enough to earn a start if Graham isn't 100%

Hard to learn too much from yesterday given 65 minutes plus with ten men but I was shocked that we didn't start with Nilsson at RB and either Chalmers or Smith on the wing. Not sure what the logic was there, no offence to Wasiri but pretty much everyone has noted that he's an issue in possession. 

Robinson will still be suspended for this as well as Stanway so would expect Bannigan to play. 

2 hours ago, Zanetti said:

This will be our first visit to Firhill under Davidson, if I'm not mistaken. We've had a tough run of fixtures to start the season and this is no easier, but the team and performances are really starting to come together.

If Kerr and Thomson are back I'd be confident of us putting in a performance and getting something here. Hopefully Austin Samuels will have signed by then too, just to give us another option off the bench.

This is all assuming Jack Wills is up to it after Ferrie's antics got him sent off yesterday; big opportunity for him.

Austin Samuels still on???????

5 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Roberts

Bannigan - McBeth

Ablade

If some of our better players (i.e. Brian Graham) are back then obviously they come in. The constituent parts of the team are mostly there, I think, it just hasn’t clicked at all yet. And we keep getting people f**king sent off, so avoiding that would be lovely. 

If Brian Graham is injured who is going to referee the game?

22 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Roberts

Bannigan - McBeth

Ablade

I’d be happy with the line up, I think Doolan might return to Chalmers starting over Smith though.
Was surprised Smith wasn’t brought on against Falkirk.

I was quite impressed at how we managed the game on Saturday and the big improvement seen at Aberdeen flowed into the Airdrie performance.  I'm going for a 3/1 for the Pride of the Southside.

If Brian Graham doesn't play, can a Thistle fan suggest someone else to shout abuse at please?

Just now, Hampden Diehard said:

I was quite impressed at how we managed the game on Saturday and the big improvement seen at Aberdeen flowed into the Airdrie performance.  I'm going for a 3/1 for the Pride of the Southside.

If Brian Graham doesn't play, can a Thistle fan suggest someone else to shout abuse at please?

Zak Rudden 😉

Four weeks ago I would have said 4-0 to Thistle but after a strange start to the season, I think it will be a narrow 2-1 win for Queens. Not sure what's happened to the jags so far this season but I do hope their poor form continues for one more game. They're welcome to stuff Ayr the following week though. I still think Thistle will be there or thereabouts for the playoffs at the end of the season so maybe we're meeting them at a good point.  Then again, a strong bounce back by them can't be ruled out.

I was worried about the Queens defence at the start of the season but I think Davidson has done well in building a fairly decent group of defenders.  Also, Zac Rudden with three goals so far in the league is performing above my expectations - long may that continue!

So, a good game in prospect and it could go either way - but I'll stick with a QP win.

22 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Kyle Turner probably hits the sweet spot of being

a) quite good;

b) moaning a lot and;

c) having a fairly smug looking face.

so he’s the natural choice, imo.