Dunfermline (Bottom) v Ayr (Top)

Not going to this one. Have something else on and I could do with the break from watching the turgid garbage being served up. Opting to pass on the match probably enhances our chances from "absolutely no f***ing chance" to "no chance" so doubt I'll be missing anything exciting.

Two new players in Cooper and Fogarty are largely unknowns but I'd have no problem throwing them straight in. Cooper showed more threat in 30 minutes on Saturday than the rest of our attack has since the Spartans game at start of league cup campaign. And Fogarty will easily be better than Fisher, Breen and Bene. 

Ultimately though McPake, is done. Pretty much everyone in the team is regressing and he cannot find a way to arrest the slide. Tactics are mind-numbingly defensive, players are too slow on the turn or in the sprint, and every single player is hiding. Weekend could be an early repeat of Morton or QP from last season.

McPake frantically pores over his contract for termination remuneration terms as his no-hopers prepare for inevitable pumping ahead of visit from local boy Scott Brown and his table topping monochrome majestics at troubled KDM Group East End Park.

20 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

Any chance of the pars binning McPake before this?

Can't see it myself, however I also didn't see the owners putting the club up for sale. Given it's not even lunchtime on Monday yet, there is every chance. The fact he's been allowed to bring in two last week, another yesterday and rumoured 2/3 this week sounds like the board are willing to give him a chance with a proper squad as opposed to a bench filled with kids and some non Championship level seniors.

I'm looking forward to heading along, even though it's high flying Ayr we're playing. We either get an improved performance or some form of point(s) on the board, or we move a week closer to the board having to make another big decision. I've been a long time backer of McPake and feel he's been hung out to dry with lack of funds for signings, however I don't feel he's getting the best from the current crop and I think that is a fairly similar opinion throughout the support. The manager had credit in the bank from his first season and the injuries last season would cripple any team but we don't seem to be getting any better.

However, I do think that as long as we're not completely cut adrift by say more than 6 points then McPake will get another couple of months. Peter Grant was given the boot at the end of October and that sounds like a decent enough time if things haven't got much better. I know some will argue they want change now but with all that is going on at the club I think they'll want to have some sort of consistency unless of course it's at the detriment to the club.

20 minutes ago, Darth Crabbit said:

Lee Bullen, Ian Murray & David Healy are all available I hear……

His name just isn't going away

7 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Former Dunfermline player and captain. Will unite the fans.

When that Bullen x Gilet drops in the club shop

Well Done Ok GIF by funk

Dunfermline have been shite and Ayr are on fire. With the squad playing the way it is, apart from Hastie/Murphy maybe interchanging, it’ll be the same team so we should be at full tilt. 

Dunfermline win all day long. Looking at the fixtures, it’s either this one or those Morton c***s at the end of next month that will trip us up. 

12 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Former Dunfermline player and captain. Will unite the fans.

Was never captain but was very much a fans favourite. In truth he was my pick when we dumped Grant and appointed Hughes and I was very annoyed when you got him shortly after. 

1 minute ago, par-adise said:

Was never captain but was very much a fans favourite. In truth he was my pick when we dumped Grant and appointed Hughes and I was very annoyed when you got him shortly after. 

Same

1 minute ago, par-adise said:

Lovely guy but I’m not sure he’s what you need right now. Go with Ian Murray.

There is an air of Arbroath/Inverness about Dunfermline just now, the squad didn’t look good enough at the end of the season, it’s clearly not getting investment, there doesn’t look like there is change in the pipeline and fans have kind of accepted it. 

2 minutes ago, par-adise said:

If you want someone who will lead the fans in a singsong after humiliating defeats, he’s your man. 
Want a manager that does no opposition analysis? Go for Lee. Need a manager that will sign a player, sight unseen from a lower league Slovakian team, only to hide him for 6 weeks saying he’s not fit rather than not able? Bullen is your guy.