Dundee V St Mirren.

37 minutes ago, TheGreenElves said:

Talking of arsehole behaviour, any idea what happened with our fans in the pie queue at half time? One of our group mentioned there was an incident(mentioned people throwing stuff, and a steward being punched, but wasn't sure what kicked it all off). 

I assumed he was talking shite 😂, but at the start of the second half a lot of stewards seemed to be having a serious discussion down the front, and trying to locate someone in the crowd. Then later on there was a stadium announcement telling stewards to go back to their usual positions, so I assume something did happen. 

Also, I felt slightly sorry for the Dundee stadium announcer when he started struggling with our players names 😂. He'll need to start practicing now for the game with Motherwell 😂

There was about a dozen of them walked out of their seats at about 15:30 and headed toward the pie stall and toilets under the stand, I’m assuming it was them…..there are, unfortunately, a few of these clowns starting to cause bits of trouble here and there when you add that to Chapsticks post earlier on.

Edited by weebud

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It was horrible. Boyd-Munce staggers over the ball and fails to release it in an advance position and turned possession over easily. 

From there, we briefly get it back and a pass to Mandron leaves him completely on his heels as he gets it nicked. Dundee still had a lot of work to do at that point but it was really frustrating. 

Anyway, game aside, that wee bakery at the corner of the road must do an absolute killing on match days, cracking grub, dead reasonably priced (a peh and bridie both stuffed full of filling for £3, not like some of the scabby pies you get in grounds) and the two women working in it were a cheeky pair of shites in the best possible way. 

Roughies... best bakery in Dundee...

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

One other thing too, when the Dundee player was down after being sparked out, I particularly enjoyed our wee 'hard men' starting a song about 'die f**ker die f**ker' and it getting INSTANTLY shot the f**k down by the entire away support who told them to shut their mouths.

The wee guys who usually act the ticket looked absolutely startled, a few wee sad puppy dog faces after getting a massive row off their own supporters. This is the sort of self policing I like to see and the sort of thing we need to be doing to keep dickish behaviour in check. I'm glad the lad got up and walked off of his own accord.

Also, the contribution of the St Mirren fans to the minutes applause at the start of the game was a credit to them.

1 hour ago, TheGreenElves said:

Then later on there was a stadium announcement telling stewards to go back to their usual positions, so I assume something did happen. 

That was part of a drill. 

There was an announcement shortly before asking for “safety officer Eris” which is the code for “something is happening that means we might need to evacuate, so get ready”. There’s then the follow-up announcement you heard, which is the stand-down message. 

34 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Also, the contribution of the St Mirren fans to the minutes applause at the start of the game was a credit to them.

Good on Dundee doing it in the first place. The unheralded staff who run the show behind the scenes in football are often forgotten about and without them, there really wouldn't be much there for supporters to watch so it's good to see a staffer who died too young being appreciated by the club.

26 minutes ago, The Master said:

That was part of a drill. 

There was an announcement shortly before asking for “safety officer Eris” which is the code for “something is happening that means we might need to evacuate, so get ready”. There’s then the follow-up announcement you heard, which is the stand-down message. 

I went down for a drink at half time and nothing seemed out of the ordinary at that point. As pointed out by weebud, it must have been during the first half.

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

It was really enjoyable to watch one of them fall forward over the fence after one of your goals, land awkwardly, and limp back up to their seat.

I spotted that too. Also later the advertising board in front of that group either fell off or was knocked off. That could have been nasty if there was anyone underneath.

20 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

Grave danger of the binfire becoming a campfire 

This. Not what I expect from this thread at all 

It seems their brief foray into Europe has transformed St Mirren's support into a bunch of painfully reasonable, carbon-conscious human rights lawyers in sensible shoes.

20 minutes ago, Meadow_Jock said:

This. Not what I expect from this thread at all 

It seems their brief foray into Europe has transformed St Mirren's support into a bunch of painfully reasonable, carbon-conscious human rights lawyers in sensible shoes.

Could the St. MiDees be the new HiDees?

6 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

The baker is Rough and Fraser, known locally as roughies , you’re spot on with girls, there  like that everyday great laugh , also they sell the  best sasij rolls in the world , Roughies  Rolls are ace as well 

Tremendous bakery and needed the sausage rolls after hiking up Hilltown, to take a look around.  Popped in there on Monday lunchtime, but I wasn't treated to any patter which is now disappointing.  The other girl was good with the workies.

Enjoyed all the goals in this game.

4 hours ago, TheGreenElves said:

Talking of arsehole behaviour, any idea what happened with our fans in the pie queue at half time? One of our group mentioned there was an incident(mentioned people throwing stuff, and a steward being punched, but wasn't sure what kicked it all off). 

I assumed he was talking shite 😂, but at the start of the second half a lot of stewards seemed to be having a serious discussion down the front, and trying to locate someone in the crowd. Then later on there was a stadium announcement telling stewards to go back to their usual positions, so I assume something did happen. 

Also, I felt slightly sorry for the Dundee stadium announcer when he started struggling with our players names 😂. He'll need to start practicing now for the game with Motherwell 😂

The stewards at Dundee & Utd are easily amongst the worst in Scotland. I never saw the incident but they’ve been known to be the antagonist at previous games. They take it upon themselves to go mob-handed into the toilets, maybe it’s a kink they have but weird bunch all the same whatever the company they employ is. 

On 01/09/2024 at 09:02, djchapsticks said:

I once watched a Dundee Utd fan at Love Street fall 2/3rds of the way down the Caley stand (which was the steepest stand in Scotland) when they scored against us and genuinely thinking he had to be dead or severely injured, only to bounce right up and carry on celebrating. It was hilarious.

He must have been so drunk he turned into a slinky as it was a proper 'arse over tit over arse over tit' full on fall as well.

'Slinky' That made me laugh a lot 🤣

On 31/08/2024 at 17:16, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, as much as Dundee knocked it around neatly to carve out the chance, we absolutely handed it to them on a plate. Massively frustrating passage of play; it was actually fairly brainless from quite a few of our players.

Dundee were better overall, so I'm happy enough with the point. Murray is going to be a great signing for them.

I did drop 15 quid on Olusanya to get booked when the ref did the 'pointing round the park at all his fouls' thing, so I'm f**king livid that he actually calmed it down after that.

lol, love the fact that opposing fans never acknowledge that their goals came courtesy of some terrible defending by Dundee

1 minute ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

lol, love the fact that opposing fans never acknowledge that their goals came courtesy of some terrible defending by Dundee

😂 FFS I was responding to a specific post about your second goal; I wasn't summarising the whole game and plenty of other folk have covered off the relative defensive f**k-ups. I then went on to be (I thought) pretty magnanimous about your overall performance and that of Murray in particular.

Literally can't win. 🤷‍♂️ Now I know how Hearts and Hibs feel.

5 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

I'd say we both gave away one goal due to horrendous defending, the other two whilst avoidable for a variety of reasons, were both good goals in their own right. 👍

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

13 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

😂 FFS I was responding to a specific post about your second goal; I wasn't summarising the whole game and plenty of other folk have covered off the relative defensive f**k-ups. I then went on to be (I thought) pretty magnanimous about your overall performance and that of Murray in particular.

Literally can't win. 🤷‍♂️ Now I know how Hearts and Hibs feel.

Fair enough pal, I hadn't read through the whole thread before posting and having done so now I agree that most on here from both sides have been spot on with their comments. My comments were more of a generic response to what often happens when some fans only notice fault in their own team and not the oppositions. Happy to be corrected.