Arbroath v Alloa

2 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Are the turnstyles a  ticket scanning setup ? 

if so i am all for it,  means i can purchase the concession ticket and save a couple of quid 

it works at falkirk !  no questions asked   😉

Facial recognition technology. 

1 hour ago, lichtiekev said:

Plus you have stuck yourself in,

They will be looking for tickers with vegetablesman on it now 

Ahah... not my real name   If The turnstyle staff have a picture of mr potato head inside the turnstyle then i am done for .

23 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Although that means we would end up having to try and figure out what 3 would be best suited to play in the middle,

Some combination of Gold-Spalding-Stewart - Murray for me. Wouldn’t care if we started with 1 midfielder as long as that donkey callaghan isn’t in the squad 

This scapegoat pish is really tiresome, why must we always focus on one player?,  there have been several players who have been either constantly injured or well below par throughout the cup games and first few league games, not just Callaghan. 

24 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

This scapegoat pish is really tiresome, why must we always focus on one player?,  there have been several players who have been either constantly injured or well below par throughout the cup games and first few league games, not just Callaghan. 

Even if we think, or it’s obvious that certain players aren’t good enough, targeting them for abuse is hardly going to help matters. Being young guys, I’m sure they all see, or hear about,  what’s being said about them on social media. Imagine how they must feel having to play knowing that a large chunk of the support think they’re pish. Is that really going to make them play better?

Yes, I’ve been guilty of criticising individual players in the past - most notably Hilson and Donnelly but that was more out of frustration because I thought they had more to give.

Don't blame the player, blame those picking them to play in the first place. I didn’t blame Deri Corfe for being mince, I blamed Dick Campbell for signing him and playing him over Bobby Linn.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Even if we think, or it’s obvious that certain players aren’t good enough, targeting them for abuse is hardly going to help matters. Being young guys, I’m sure they all see, or hear about,  what’s being said about them on social media. Imagine how they must feel having to play knowing that a large chunk of the support think they’re pish. Is that really going to make them play better?

Yes, I’ve been guilty of criticising individual players in the past - most notably Hilson and Donnelly but that was more out of frustration because I thought they had more to give.

Don't blame the player, blame those picking them to play in the first place. I didn’t blame Deri Corfe for being mince, I blamed Dick Campbell for signing him and playing him over Bobby Linn.

So you have never criticised a player because you do not rate them, just because you are frustrated with them? 

If people say they are frustrated with Callaghan because they think he has got more to give (literally anything would be decent) is that ok?

I pray we have another CM option soon - if not Callaghan is going to have to vastly improve 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So you have never criticised a player because you do not rate them, just because you are frustrated with them? 

If people say they are frustrated with Callaghan because they think they’ve got more to give (literally anything would be decent) is that ok?

Of course I have. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve ripped individual players to shreds on the terraces and in the pub etc (and probably will on Saturday too)… and I’ve probably done it on here too although I try not to.

I think we can all agree that we’re a mess at the moment and have been for a very long time. Very few (if any) players have covered themselves in glory this past while, so singling out individual players on a public forum isn’t going to help their confidence or make them play better. As I said, ultimately it’s the guys that pick the players on the pitch who are to blame not the player himself.

Edited by Tattie36

Will be interested to see if Roberts is fit enough to play or if Miko will start in his place. 

Also wonder if bringing Neill in was just a plan to deal with Goss or if that's him back in the side. 

1 hour ago, Rory said:

Will be interested to see if Roberts is fit enough to play or if Miko will start in his place. 

Also wonder if bringing Neill in was just a plan to deal with Goss or if that's him back in the side. 

Roberts might not make this game , i expect to see virtannen start

Expect The once mighty quinn coulson to score and hetherington , donnelly and virtannen to reply 

.................. Not .   

looking forward to the coulson taggart side match 

BTW the away ticket function on the website won't let me finish payment as there is a great big silly advert for Megatech in the way , ther seems to be a side scroll bar but its stuck . bloody IT .

Edited by Vegetableman

I never feel comfortable playing Alloa, they feel a lot like us.  Back before our championship years, they were a similar sort of size of club, with a similar fanbase, a distinct stadium (not a generic Dumbarton lego stand), a wee bit more money than us from their wealthy owner, and a decent record of consistency.  They are a good benchmark for us.

Regarding Callaghan, I don't think he's necessarily a bad player, I just think he's not being picked for the right job.  So far, he's been expected to basically be the entire midfield under McIntyre.  Chief creative player, playmaker, ballwinner, the lot.  I think if we don't ask him to play 3 positions at once, we'll see a better player.  I hope so anyway!

On 28/08/2024 at 07:53, Broath Boy said:

Gayf has been cashless for approximately 3 years, I think this due to insurance costs of having cash stored on the premises after events overnight/weekends.

just don't get robbed 

On 27/08/2024 at 11:10, 1320Lichtie said:

It is the Alloa midfield that is once again worrying me. Just really uncomfortable with what we have in there at the moment and Scougall, Roberts and Hetherington looks solid. 

It's certainly a very good mix if the three are fit and firing, which hasn't been the case consistently so far this season. We still need some more options up and around Scougall too. In light of that we've done really well to grind out 8 points so far, and in truth all of the games were tight affairs which might have gone against us. There is clearly a great spirit, we're well organised and with some luck with injuries and the right addition or two we'll be well placed, but as it stands we won't keep eeking out the points forever. 

Will be interested to see Arbroath. Clearly whoever takes over has a bit of work to do but there's still plenty of really decent League One players there, particularly in a season like this when the standard doesn't look great. With the right appointment I'd still expect Arbroath to be challenging at the top. 

7 minutes ago, Waspie said:

plenty of really decent League One players there

Innes Murray always seems to do well against us  (another ex loan of course )those free kicks are deadly ,  Coulson is decent on his day 

Arbroath do seem to have a decent squad of players , if they do get it right with the new manager they will do well and kick on IMO .

19 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Innes Murray always seems to do well against us  (another ex loan of course )those free kicks are deadly ,  Coulson is decent on his day 

Arbroath do seem to have a decent squad of players , if they do get it right with the new manager they will do well and kick on IMO .

We still need another couple of players but yeah we have a decent squad, unfortunately mcintyre ruined most of them and it’ll take a good bit of work to get some momentum and confidence back.