Celtic v Rangers: Sun 1st Sep, 12:30

I do not expect any of the new boys to be involved tomorrow. I would be tempted to include Valle but as far as I could see he has had no game time this season however Brendan has seen him in training and will know if he is up to the task or not.

I think he will keep the squad that played last week.

Schmeichel
Johnston   Carter-Vickers   Scales   Taylor   (Ralston 75' sub) 
 Bernardo (Holm 75’ sub)         McGregor,         Hatate 
Forrest (Kühn 60' sub)        Idah (Kyogo 59’ sub)           Maeda

Subs Sinisalo, Ralston, Welsh, Holm, Kühn, Palma, Yang, Kyogo, Turley

For me two changes in the starting XI if they are fit, Kühn for Forrest and Kyogo for Idah

Score 2v0

6 minutes ago, stressball said:

He hasn’t had you ready any of the other times…

He shouldn't have to have them ready - they're supposed to be (Aye) Ready

11 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

He shouldn't have to have them ready - they're supposed to be (Aye) Ready

They dropped the (Aye) a long time ago when they became more Anglicised.

For the first time in years I actually have some interest in this game. Not enough to actually watch the bigotfest, obviously but a draw is my preference. A Rangers win wouldn't be the end of the world. The longer we stay at the top of the league the more I can remain deluded.

On 28/08/2024 at 15:51, AJF said:

Off the pitch, in the words of a legendary figure around Celtic Park way - "football without fans is nothing", it's a shame that Celtic have decided that this ethos should only apply to the home support yet again.

Entirely your own club's fault for reducing the allocation in the first place.

On 30/08/2024 at 19:51, Buckets said:

How have you come to that conclusion? Although Celtic got the results last year every game was evenly contested and settled by 1 goal. 

That is more to do with big Phil trying to stay in the game rather than trying to beat Celtic.
Cerny is sorted out the right side and Barron has improved the middle of the park.
Celtic's start to the season has been impressive if we don't win by 2 or more both teams have regressed.

Edited by willywastecoat

Said it before, but we need Clement to show a bit more pragmatism today and set us up in a way to try and frustrate Celtic rather than try and impose our game on them. We’re not good enough for that.

38 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Entirely your own club's fault for reducing the allocation in the first place.

Celtic claim they have everything in place to host away fans today. It’s entirely their choice not to do so.

2 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

For arguably valid reasons.

How has Jefte been for you btw?

Bit of a mixed bag. Likes to get forward and seems like we are instructing him to cut in field and carry the ball. Is definitely rash at times though and dives in to try and win the ball a lot. Not really seen too much of his 1v1 defending with a player running at him yet. Jury is still out.