🔵🟡Scotland v Poland 🔴⚪

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

That was bizarre. In the 5 minutes Gauld and Gilmour were on the pitch together, Gauld made 3 or 4 nice wee runs into space and Gilmour knew where he was every single time. Practically the only portion of the game where we looked like a capable footballing side. Obviously working too well for Clarke because he immediately pulled Gilmour and moved Gauld into the middle 🤷‍♂️

Echo this.

It might seem bold and attacking to drop two attacking midfielders into the middle, but its just plain daft - you lose all control.

Just now, Unleash The Nade said:

And there is a great example of how we’ve come to accept second best with such a negative attitude.

We were at home ffs, we shouldnt be looking to come back from 2 goals down 

THIS

I am f*cking pig sick of this hard luck pish with Scotland. This is why we haven't done anything for generations. Too much "awk well, we did our best" and hard luck story patter flying around. Enough is enough. 

5 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Right, I'm going to stand up for Ralston. Horrible error in the first half but afterwards never hid, always wanted the ball.

I'd say he was better than just not hiding. Apart from his error he played pretty well.

That aside, we're full of glitches and deficiencies but we were the better team tonight.

Tossed it away with three individual errors.

Bit of a spiral now.

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

We know we are pish but we will be competing with Poland to avoid relegation so getting beat was a big deal

We had our go. Poland won. Like the Euros, small margins. We aren’t good enough.

7 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Well that was a kick in the baws. Why did he take Gilmour off? As soon as he did we lost our shape and it was all kick and rush. McTominay was fine in the 10. 

I’ve criticised Clarke a lot for the in game tactics or lack there of, but tonight he did the right thing by pushing Gilmour forward. Then undoes that by taking him off and putting McGinn back in central midfield when he was giving f**k all. 

Get Grant Hanley and Kenny McLean tae f**k

Thought the Gilmour sub was absolutely bizarre to be honest.  Didn't mind Morgan coming on (and he showed some decent touches when he did come on) but Gilmour was bossing midfield at times and when he went off we struggled for composure in there.  I don't know whether Clarke doubts that Gilmour can maintain the energy levels for 90 minutes or whatever, but I've noticed any subs he makes at times always involves Gilmour going off.

Just now, DAFC. said:

Neil McCann and the jobs for the boys merry-go-round will spin this as the usual hard luck defeat. Bollocks. Get Clarke to f*ck now and get Moyes ij before it is too late. 

Tbh moyes is basically a carbon copy of clarke. Maybe even more negative, he's definitely not going to get us playing on the front foot.

We have to think outside the Scottish box. Of course clarke definitely won't resign and probably won't be sacked.

He could take a shit on the centre circle stand up and fist pump and people would applaud

Just now, Gordopolis said:

I'd say he was better than just not hiding. Apart from his error he played pretty well.

That aside, we're full of glitches and deficiencies but we were the better team tonight.

Tossed it away with three individual errors.

Bit of a spiral now.

Apart from giving a goal away, he did well?

That would be fantastic if it wasn't a sport where a single goal can win or lose you the game.

This is not normal. We all know what Scottish football is like but our national team is strong evidence of Simulation Theory. It can't be like this as often as it is without some sick, cruel, vengeful entity controlling everything. Well, that was something of a disappointment! Sobriety, brief reflection on how not bothered I am then bed for me, definitely. International football, such fun!

5 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Right, I'm going to stand up for Ralston. Horrible error in the first half but afterwards never hid, always wanted the ball.

I have no issue with him and think criticism of his selection is missing the real issues, he's basically our only option there at the moment. Obviously he's very limited but not really sure what better options we have.

However, continuing to pick McLean is baffling. And I'm not sure how many times Ryan Christie needs subbed after floating around doing nothing for 70 minutes for Clarke to realise that he is an utter waste of a jersey.

5 minutes ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

I've downvoted this, because of all the stuff we've seen tonight, Doak's potential, or otherwise, is the least of our concerns.  There are several other players well worse than that (Hanley should be binned competely and never see even a whiff of a Scotland cap again after that, while McLean may as well do likewise as far as I am concerned).

At least Doak looks like he has something about him.  From a couple of the performances, I'd much rather see him get a chance.

Fair enough. 

I'd definitely have him in the squad, he was decent today, and that pace is useful to us. But from what I'm seeing from him so far, he looks closer to an Aaron Lennon than Gareth Bale for me. Hope I'm wrong 

15 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Who are you bringing in, who are going to make Scotland good enough to compete in this group?

Good question but playing guys who make significant game changing errors time and time again won't do it.

Just now, ArabFC said:

Apart from giving a goal away, he did well?

That would be fantastic if it wasn't a sport where a single goal can win or lose you the game.

Sure, of course. My point was that he didn't just "not hide" after (and before) the pen - he actually was solid defensively and triggered a fair few attacks. 

If a player is fired into the sea every time they give away a pen, we'd have few defenders left pretty soon.

Just now, Jives Miguel said:

Fair enough. 

I'd definitely have him in the squad, he was decent today, and that pace is useful to us. But from what I'm seeing from him so far, he looks closer to an Aaron Lennon than Gareth Bale for me. Hope I'm wrong 

Hey the way we've been going of late, I'd take an Aaron Lennon in our side frankly.  I get where you are coming from, but given that was his first senior appearance and given a lengthy injury lay-off, I'm more than willing to give him enough time to prove himself (we're short of exciting youngsters coming through, at least give me that!)