Ayr v Raith Diddy Cup tie

Raiths highlights are very good although it raises a few questions. What is Stevenson doing at our equaliser and will George Oakley always score the most identical goals in every game? His winner against Accies a few weeks ago was pretty much a carbon copy. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

There was absolutely no contact at all and the big diddy made an arse of himself. 

No one is proclaiming that Ayr are “saints” but you’re allowed to be physical without fouling and that’s what we tend to do. It’s up to other teams to combat that. 

It’s hard when you gift teams a 2-0 head start and then they try and time waste for the remaining hour or so but we found a way eventually. 

Rovers press high, win the ball and score - gift

Ayr do it - finding a way.

My point was on your fellow supporter calling Rovers ‘cheats’. Was nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever. 

Ayr played better the second half, Rovers ran out of ideas and struggled to cope to get through a high press and direct play and in the end were deserved winners. End of. 

2 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Rovers press high, win the ball and score - gift

Ayr do it - finding a way.

My point was on your fellow supporter calling Rovers ‘cheats’. Was nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever. 

Ayr played better the second half, Rovers ran out of ideas and struggled to cope to get through a high press and direct play and in the end were deserved winners. End of. 

None of our goals really came from pressing you though. Just Byrne being a fud with his hands (again) and two examples of liquid football to turn you over. 

Your first came from Reading being risky when he didn’t have to and our keeper making a weak save. Your second was McAllister playing a suicide pass to Reading when he had nowhere to go. Two of the clearest gifts you’ll see in football. 

Happy to help, of course. 

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

None of our goals really came from pressing you though. Just Byrne being a fud with his hands (again) and two examples of liquid football to turn you over. 

Your first came from Reading being risky when he didn’t have to and our keeper making a weak save. Your second was McAllister playing a suicide pass to Reading when he had nowhere to go. Two of the clearest gifts you’ll see in football. 

Happy to help, of course. 

Goal two for Rovers, there isn’t an option to pass it back because Smith had ran in and blocked a back pass whilst Gibson pressed the ball. Goal three for Ayr, Liam Dick makes a panic pass because Dowds closed him down very well.

A gift is putting your hands up to your chest when a ball is coming into the box when your team is 2-0 up right after the second half has started. 

Enjoy the win. Well done for progressing to the next stage of the SPFL Trust Trophy.

Edited by Raithfan2711

I thought we were comfortable all game which is odd to say in a match we were 2-0 down in.  3-2 probably flatters Raith in the end as well, the big shithouse had to pull off a couple double saves and equal excellent saves on top of the normal stuff.  

Shame for Paddy who has been great this season to have two nukes but was great to see him not crumble and have a good game outside of those moments.

Funny in the Raith highlights someone on our bench shouting "that's what happens when you f**kin press" at the opener because we got the ball back, only for us to be pressed and end up conceding :lol:

We must've scored 5 of those goals already this season with the through ball and pass across the face.  Delicious ballin.  

Collins having an on field argument with the referee at the end of his first game is a great sign.  Will go far.  

The highlights were interesting, for the penalty was Mathews arm in an unnatural position, I have my doubts, a dubious foul given before Easton was fouled again in the box, Dick not closing the man down better for the cross for the equaliser, and Dick again losing the ball from the kick off for the 3rd........... lots to work,  but you can only play the players that are available 

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

The highlights were interesting, for the penalty was Mathews arm in an unnatural position

Certainly a natural position for a Mononykus.  

13 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I thought we were comfortable all game which is odd to say in a match we were 2-0 down in.  3-2 probably flatters Raith in the end as well, the big shithouse had to pull off a couple double saves and equal excellent saves on top of the normal stuff.  

Shame for Paddy who has been great this season to have two nukes but was great to see him not crumble and have a good game outside of those moments.

Funny in the Raith highlights someone on our bench shouting "that's what happens when you f**kin press" at the opener because we got the ball back, only for us to be pressed and end up conceding :lol:

We must've scored 5 of those goals already this season with the through ball and pass across the face.  Delicious ballin.  

Collins having an on field argument with the referee at the end of his first game is a great sign.  Will go far.  

Some statement considering the two fortunate penalty calls in Ayr favour.

Not too fussed about being out the cup, but throwing away a 2 goal lead has all the hallmarks of the bad side of us from last season. Collins has a sizeable task on his hands turning this around.

Yesterday was just a really good laugh. It started off earlier in the week with the Raith Rovers Podcast claiming our bubble had burst and at HT it looked like they could be some truth in that. We weren’t particularly bad in the 1st half but going in 2-0 down with Raith having the new manager bounce I wasn’t particularly hopefully but fair play to Brown, whatever he said at HT worked and as soon as we brought it back to 2-1 I had a good feeling we’d end up winning it. 

Raith looked slightly better than they did during the league game but still weren’t great imo. Neil Collins has a big job on his hands if he wants to have them up fighting for the title. 

On Neil Collins does he always sound that or does he just have a really bad cold or something as he genuinely sound liked he was struggling during the interview. I actually initially thought my earphones were playing up.