Nations League 2024/25

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Latvia defeat the Faroe Islands 1-0.

Bit disappointed by the shiteness of the Faeroes in recent times. Always held a hope that they might qualify for something someday, but Luxembourg seem the most likely diddy to manage that at the moment.

Anyway, that England game, eh?  💤

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Bit disappointed by the shiteness of the Faeroes in recent times. Always held a hope that they might qualify for something someday, but Luxembourg seem the most likely diddy to manage that at the moment.

Not us, then?

On 09/09/2024 at 13:44, Michael W said:

The national anthem pish is very, very weird and also good point-and-laugh material, but I'm not sure a routine win against Ireland is really saying much about how good a manger Carsley is. 

I noticed the BBC are now saying the job is "his to lose" after 2-0 wins against Ireland and Finland.

They're also smoothing over the anthem controversy with this gem of an article..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cp35epl938do

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I noticed the BBC are now saying the job is "his to lose" after 2-0 wins against Ireland and Finland.

They're also smoothing over the anthem controversy with this gem of an article..

Christ, random bloke says that famous mate is nice. What a f**king news story. Kept thinking there must be more to it, but no.

England had the game against Ireland sewn up early on, but the Finland match was turgid and reminiscent of that home defeat to Iceland before the Euros. Long may England continue to appoint in-house managers with non-existent/mediocre track records, to the bafflement of everyone else.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Good grief. :lol:

The sort of thing you'd expect in The Sun or the Daily Star. 

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You know, after having one of those working days when you feel like you didn't give your best, you could have done better, it's nice to read that and realise that at no point in my career have I done anything as incompetent and wasteful as writing, editing or publishing the dumbest, most vacuous splurge of words one could dare to find masquerading as a news article.

Incredible.

25 minutes ago, GordonS said:

You know, after having one of those working days when you feel like you didn't give your best, you could have done better, it's nice to read that and realise that at no point in my career have I done anything as incompetent and wasteful as writing, editing or publishing the dumbest, most vacuous splurge of words one could dare to find masquerading as a news article.

Incredible.

Aye, but you also didn't get paid for doing f**k all, so who's the real winner here?