Portugal v Scotland

JS_FFC

1 hour ago, MarkoP said:

The mentality on here sums up why we’re not a forward thinking independent of ten years country.

I share your reservations about tonight but with the correct strategy and a bit of luck a positive result is possible 

Maybe we should play Sturgeon in the midfield ? 

On 05/09/2024 at 23:56, Cheese said:

Back to a proper 4-4-2 for me, none of your woke nonsense please. And get some players in that actually want to play for the Jersey.

3-0 Scotland 

Screenshot_20240905-234958_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.e36528b6487af08ba8ae29366d495c91.jpg

I can't see Salmond and Sturgeon in the same team tbh.

24 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Maybe we should play Sturgeon in the midfield ? 

She’s the other reason ffs 🤦‍♂️ 

*Hadnt clocked her in goal in the graphic, thought that was a direct reply

** Let’s get this back on topic, my initial point stands though

Edited by MarkoP

On 05/09/2024 at 23:56, Cheese said:

Back to a proper 4-4-2 for me, none of your woke nonsense please. And get some players in that actually want to play for the Jersey.

3-0 Scotland 

Screenshot_20240905-234958_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.e36528b6487af08ba8ae29366d495c91.jpg

Monty should chup in with his fair share of goals from the middle of the park.

Not sure Winston has the legs for 90 minutes though.

On 07/09/2024 at 10:53, Gordopolis said:

✅ Ralston, yes you can argue he's had a game changing f**k up in the majority of his last 4 or 5 of his 13 caps.

❌ Hanley f**ked up badly the other night  but - making it all the more bewildering - only after a really solid 90 (McKenna too). He has also been pivotal to SC's successes over the last 5 years. When did he last "shite the bed" for us?

The thing is, both Ralston and Hanely, had fairly good games for the most part. Inexplicable errors cost us though.

Hanley has always been poor, IMO. He had a fairly good spell in the run up to the Euros but he's too often posted missing, lumbering about (I can mind this in one of our defeats in the Euros) with no desire to mount a challenge or being some kind of hard man and giving away needless fouls.

Sadly, we don't have much quality to choose from in defence.

Just now, Sarto Mutiny said:

No expectations tonight at all. The talent in that Portugal side is scary. All we can do is try our best to keep it respectable, I think

I’m not disagreeing with your general point, but that talent in the Portugal side, still managed to look bang average in the Euros. 

3 hours ago, MarkoP said:

The mentality on here sums up why we’re not a forward thinking independent of ten years country.

I share your reservations about tonight but with the correct strategy and a bit of luck a positive result is possible 

Our mindset and ambitions are a reflection of what we tend to achieve.

Football is our national sport, yet we are content with pish like, ‘all we can do is try our best’ or ‘if we play out our best and they have an off-night…..’ etc etc etc.

We are so happily downtrodden it’s frightening. Neil McCann played his part of the typical ‘Scottish sook’ very well the other night during commentary, like so many before him, bowing down to his superiors. It’ll likely be more of the same tonight.

I’ve no idea if true, but I’m guessing similar sized nations like Denmark, Croatia, Uruguay etc, have a ‘bit’ more belief and desire to succeed than we do.

It really is pathetic when you sit back and think about it.

Edited by dstuart82

1 hour ago, dstuart82 said:

Our mindset and ambitions are a reflection of what we tend to achieve.

Football is our national sport, yet we are content with pish like, ‘all we can do is try our best’ or ‘if we play out our best and they have an off-night…..’ etc etc etc.

We are so happily downtrodden it’s frightening. Neil McCann played his part of the typical ‘Scottish sook’ very well the other night during commentary, like so many before him, bowing down to his superiors. It’ll likely be more of the same tonight.

I’ve no idea if true, but I’m guessing similar sized nations like Denmark, Croatia, Uruguay etc, have a ‘bit’ more belief and desire to succeed than we do.

It really is pathetic when you sit back and think about it.

Spot on 👍

We’re basically a nation of doom & gloom promotors. 

I’m away to stick a flum on Scotland. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

On second thoughts a fiver is too much. I went a £1.50 on McTominay to score for us. C’mon Scotland!!!

image.thumb.png.920d19c2c988a19fa3b3cdee72376542.png

Edited by Scary Bear