Rock Bottom Pars v Not Much Better Rovers Friday 13th clash

14 minutes ago, renton said:

Not expecting much positive from Rovers tonight. May just be my excessive pessimism, but we don't exactly look like creating many chances, or doing much with the ones we do make.

Our 3 goals since the start of the season have involved some fairly egregious defending. Defensively, the 3 at the back from the last two games still gives me the fear, particularly down the left where Ayr made the most of confusion in who was meant to be picking up who, or defending the space at all.

Vaughan and Stanton being available for selection is good and all, but neither is likely 90 minutes match fit, and other sqaud players like Connolly have done little for a good while now, to merit inclusion.

A great chance for the Pars to kick start their season.

I agree.

Im confident we’ll play some pretty stuff at times but there really isn’t an edge to our play in the final third. Hopefully new manager has managed to work on one or two things.

Great opportunity for the Pars to get their first win of the season. 

1 hour ago, renton said:

Not expecting much positive from Rovers tonight. May just be my excessive pessimism, but we don't exactly look like creating many chances, or doing much with the ones we do make.

Our 3 goals since the start of the season have involved some fairly egregious defending. Defensively, the 3 at the back from the last two games still gives me the fear, particularly down the left where Ayr made the most of confusion in who was meant to be picking up who, or defending the space at all.

Vaughan and Stanton being available for selection is good and all, but neither is likely 90 minutes match fit, and other sqaud players like Connolly have done little for a good while now, to merit inclusion.

A great chance for the Pars to kick start their season.

I don’t really disagree with any of that. 
I am however choosing to remain a bit more optimistic. At least until I take my seat and see the team sheet. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Dunfermline Atheltic 0

Raith Rovers 1 (Stanton, 87)

Att: 6,591

Certainty for him or Vaughan to score, and Dabrowski to pull off at least 2 ridiculous saves he has no right to. 

Just now, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

Another week of guess how we'll line up - I'd imagine back 3 of Dick, Hanlon, Murray with Stevenson and Mullin as wing backs with Matthews, Byrne at the base of midfield with Easton in the 10 and Smith and Jamieson standing up front.

Sounds about right.