Rock Bottom Pars v Not Much Better Rovers Friday 13th clash

Fitba is a funny game. It wasn’t so long ago that we all feared relegation. 
some fresh young players have added a wee bit to us and we will be alright I’m sure. About time we got rid of mehmet. He’s been shite for a long time. Glad we have gone to a back four but mcpake is a clown for taking so long to see it. 
confidence is huge in any sport and we need to harness that and get some points on the board before Christmas as the elephant in the room is the owners wanting out and money back. That’s not sweetie money thanks to smug Cook and cronies 

on a related note. I’d like to shag Leanne Crichton. Is that wrong. ? 

1 hour ago, Well over Par said:

on a related note. I’d like to shag Leanne Crichton. Is that wrong. ? 

I concur, much easier on the eye than James McFadden anyway.

However, I have no idea what you look like but even if you're the best bits of Brad Pitt and George Clooney mixed together I can tell you she's not interested in you or I 😜

1 hour ago, Well over Par said:

I’d like to shag Leanne Crichton. Is that wrong. ? 

Perfectly normal thing to post on an internet forum about football. It’s not 1970 anymore.

She is however the best pundit that BBC Scotland employ.

22 hours ago, parsforlife said:

It shouldn't need said but after some really horrible shit in recent derbies I 'm very pleased that baring a few bits of pyro the behaviour from both sets of fans in the stadium was really good including a well observed applause for Sol  and 24 hours on nothing has emerged from outside the stadium either,  hopefully the message has finally got through to the fannies that drag this fixture down.

Unfortunately I think the shiteness of both teams leading up to the game helped. The majority of the arseholes tend to come out when they’re expecting a win. 

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Unfortunately I think the shiteness of both teams leading up to the game helped. The majority of the arseholes tend to come out when they’re expecting a win. 

Maybe, I'm not relaxing at all that this behaviour is gone but a derby without problems is a nice start.

Great win. Having watched the full match on BBC, most pleasing was the tempo and intensity which was sorely lacking through League Cup and early league games. Rovers didn't get a chance to settle and Kane showing good awareness and energy to get in behind their back line ensured we had a great platform for rest of the game.

Small things that give hope:

• Oluwayemi looks a big upgrade on Mehmet - kicking good but held a high line in a sweeper-keeper role allowing fullbacks to push on. Very encouraging.
  • Fogarty looked excellent again - no nonsense, kept it simple, has a bit pace and always looking to move the ball quickly - the latter two points are the biggest concerns I've had with Bene, who's now going to have to work hard for his place
  • Another solid showing from Sam Young - tougher tests await but like Fogarty, kept it simple, did his job and recovered well from a couple of mis-kicks
  • A very good performance from Wotherspoon who has been a big concern since he joined. He's clearly a very good player but was starting to feel like a luxury we didn't need. As the team performance level's improved, we can see what he's going to bring.
  • As expected, Chris Kane isn't going to score 20+ goals a season, but he's an absolute menace. Showed great energy and pace throughout and coaching team deserve some credit for managing his injury despite huge pressure to get him played. Looks sharp and pacey. We continue to need the rest of the team to help in attack though.

I don't buy the moaning that this was 2 shit teams battling it out. Not going to speak for Rovers, but I actually thought this was a really good Pars performance. Good intensity, played some really nice football and on another night, could have had 1 or 2 more. 

As a squad, need to raise performance levels so we see this on a more consistent basis. 

On 14/09/2024 at 09:04, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Jeezo! 

Beat a 10 man side with a flukey deflection and a breakaway goal and they're world beaters. 😆

We'll still finish above Dunfermline comfortably this season but enjoy your huge win last night for what it is, I guess.

The wee team trying so hard to show everyone they’re not gutted and raging is just delightful.

IMG_3468.jpeg

Edited by Cardle is Magic

On 16/09/2024 at 10:38, Cardle is Magic said:

The wee team trying so hard to show everyone they’re not gutted and raging is just delightful.

IMG_3468.jpeg

I think that was already used.

Try to be original next time. 

Anyway, the post of mine that you quoted was tongue in cheek. We were well beaten and it was looking likely even with 11 men. 

On to the next one. 

27 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I think that was already used.

Try to be original next time. 

Anyway, the post of mine that you quoted was tongue in cheek. We were well beaten and it was looking likely even with 11 men. 

On to the next one. 

I genuinely can’t believe you’ve bitten again.

You don’t need to reply again - go in peace and try to calm down.