๐ŸŸกโšซ๏ธ Alloa vs The Caley ๐Ÿ”ต๐Ÿ”ด

Presently it looks like we have stepped up a gear but we had some serious tussles in the past when it was the Recreation park when duffleman was in charge.

Anyway an artificial pitch with the infamous slope gone may prove a tough game but I'll go with a win for us.

Looking forward to this one after being forced to miss our last two games.

Clearly the main positive from an Alloa point of view so far this season is our defensive record and the fact we have only lost one of ten games (2-1 away to Morton).

We have a largely settled side with midfield and defence solid, if unspectacular.

There were also signs in Saturday's second half that the attacking side of our game is improving (Wee Kev weighing in with two good finishes, taking him to four for the season, Buchanan giving Harry Milne the runaround second half, contributing one assist and drawing the pen, and LD getting fitter). We all know that we need better attacking options, but that was still encouraging.

Andy may be tempted to start with the same eleven even if Scougs and Kurtis are fit. Or he may go with the tweaked formation that won Saturday's game in the last half hour (Cammy in for Sammo to play behind LD).

I suspect, however, that Scougs and Kurtis will both come in if fit with Sammo and Miko dropping out; this would be harsh on both those players.

I fancy us to take something from the game and I'll be curious to see ICT given everything that's gone on there in the Summer.

ย 

Edited by printer

Hoping I can get along this one. Wasn't that impressed with what I saw at Kelty a couple of weeks ago although I was expecting worse. A 3 - 0 win over Stirling isn't making me think we are suddenly going to open up a can of whoop ass on the rest of the league although it would be nice if we did. No doubt we'll see a conservative approach from Ferguson as he will see Alloa at the top end of the league and think we need to be extra cautious. Throw in a plastic pitch, which he is always moaning about it seems, and I can only see a draw or narrow defeat.

Alloa 2 (A. Trouten and M. Cameron) - Caley Thistle 1 (C. Ferguson)

50 minutes ago, RiG said:

Hoping I can get along this one. Wasn't that impressed with what I saw at Kelty a couple of weeks ago although I was expecting worse. A 3 - 0 win over Stirling isn't making me think we are suddenly going to open up a can of whoop ass on the rest of the league although it would be nice if we did. No doubt we'll see a conservative approach from Ferguson as he will see Alloa at the top end of the league and think we need to be extra cautious. Throw in a plastic pitch, which he is always moaning about it seems, and I can only see a draw or narrow defeat.

Alloa 2 (A. Trouten and M. Cameron) - Caley Thistle 1 (C. Ferguson)

Wee willie crilly Ghosting down the wing in a cameo appearance too . will be an interesting gameย 

We stopped the momentum of pertick on saturday , lets see if we can halt big dunc's heilan juggernaut .

2 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

We stopped the momentum of pertick on saturday , lets see if we can halt big dunc's heilan juggernaut .

Simply scoring one goal will guarantee you at least a point. We've only scored more than once in a game 6 times in the league this year (thats all of 2024 not just this season!!)

We werenโ€™t brilliant against Kelty but there was a slight improvement in intent from the week prior against Montrose. I wasnโ€™t at the Queens or Stirling games but weโ€™ve gone on to score (4 times in the first half, we usually barely pass a ball forward until 60 minutes) in both of these games so Iโ€™m hoping this is the beginning of a slight shift in style of play. It will be a tricky game away from home on a plastic pitch, weโ€™ve struggled there before and this will be Alloaโ€™s cup final as weโ€™re the only relevant team in this league.

6 hours ago, printer said:

Looking forward to this one after being forced to miss our last two games.

Clearly the main positive from an Alloa point of view so far this season is our defensive record and the fact we have only lost one of ten games (2-1 away to Morton).

We have a largely settled side with midfield and defence solid, if unspectacular.

There were also signs in Saturday's second half that the attacking side of our game is improving (Wee Kev weighing in with two good finishes, taking him to four for the season, Buchanan giving Harry Milne the runaround second half, contributing one assist and drawing the pen, and LD getting fitter). We all know that we need better attacking options, but that was still encouraging.

Andy may be tempted to start with the same eleven even if Scougs and Kurtis are fit. Or he may go with the tweaked formation that won Saturday's game in the last half hour (Cammy in for Sammo to play behind LD).

I suspect, however, that Scougs and Kurtis will both come in if fit with Sammo and Miko dropping out; this would be harsh on both those players.

I fancy us to take something from the game and I'll be curious to see ICT given everything that's gone on there in the Summer.

ย 

Andy is quoted in one of the Advertiser pieces about the Q&A as saying that Kurtis will be out for longer than expected, possibly until November or December. That's disappointing when he has become such an important player, but at the same time it wasn't ideal managing the injury and getting 70 minutes of Kurtis when he could play but not provide the energy and dynamism that made him so impressive last season. Without that he wasn't the same player. Worth an extended absence if it means getting him back 100%.

Will be interesting to see how we line up on Saturday. We're unbeaten in the league without playing particularly well (albeit defending well). Saturday was much, much better, even without some key men, and should be a real confidence booster. Stevie and Miko seemed to be more comfortable in the midfield two than the previous week and hopefully that will continue to develop. We kept the ball better and the wide players ended up being very effective in different ways. Certainly an argument for pushing LD on as the striker with Cammy or perhaps a returning Scougall behind. Would be good to build on the Partick performance anyway.ย 

It's been a while since I've seen a post from Waspie in seasons past but now we're back.

For sure we have a team thats been thrown together over the last weeks when you consider we have a few core players then more youngsters and signings recently, but the last two results seems to suggest a gelling and more play getting forward so I'm looking at a Caley win.

Does Alloa have PPV for the game?

6 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

It's been a while since I've seen a post from Waspie in seasons past but now we're back.

For sure we have a team thats been thrown together over the last weeks when you consider we have a few core players then more youngsters and signings recently, but the last two results seems to suggest a gelling and more play getting forward so I'm looking at a Caley win.

Does Alloa have PPV for the game?

ย its available outside the uk and ireland and costs ยฃ12 i might be wrong though so just keep checking the website

Edited by WeeWelshy007

Alloa will be massive favourites to win this one and continue their decent record against us this decade. Our last win goes back to 18 January 2020, 3-2 in the Scottish Cup at the Rec or whatever it was called back then. Everyone knows its called Recreation Park even if it's called after some sponsor. Last league win against Alloa was a 2-0 triumph at the Rec on the 20th November 2019.

I like visiting Alloa, nice ground there.

Another rug to to play on in this league unfortunately.

I would have liked to have gone but working.

Random game plucked from Youtube with the most likely predictable scoreline.

ย 

Also does the Roll n Pie deserve the hype?

image.thumb.jpeg.408994e21861d47d0c4c450e9863d20c.jpeg