Annan vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That’s about the worst refereeing display you’ll see.

Sickener. We deserved to see that out. Shiels has a lot to answer for for those misses. Quite embarrassing for Annan that they could only scrape an undeserved draw against 10 men with a wee boy in goals.

Edited by FifeSons

That was two points dropped and a real feeling of annoyance at the end of it.  Even allowing for a shocking refereeing decision after 18 minutes in which we had taken the lead and were in the ascendancy, we created two outstanding chances which would probably have killed the game.

We didn't, but the organisation, discipline and attitude whilst a man down were excellent and huge praise is due to 16 year-old youth keeper Luke Smallwood who performed magnificently in a pressured debut.

7 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

That was two points dropped and a real feeling of annoyance at the end of it.  Even allowing for a shocking refereeing decision after 18 minutes in which we had taken the lead and were in the ascendancy, we created two outstanding chances which would probably have killed the game.

We didn't, but the organisation, discipline and attitude whilst a man down were excellent and huge praise is due to 16 year-old youth keeper Luke Smallwood who performed magnificently in a pressured debut.

Did you think the sending off was incorrect? I’m not sure either way tbh. I did think Long probably got something on the ball and even if it was a foul, a red seemed overkill from that far out and at that angle. I don’t think anyone would’ve batted an eyelid if he’d given a yellow.

Even if you ignore the red card, there was so, so many bad decisions. Especially in the second half. Linesman turning a blind eye to many of them, too. There’s easily half a dozen I could rattle off, but booking Carlo for being pushed by their keeper and ignoring a boot so high it was at forehead height were astonishing.

Edited by FifeSons

Some proper Tory country bumpkins in that Annan support. Telling folk off for swearing at a football match because there’s children present and a steward telling someone off for calling the referee a disgrace :lol: maybe go watch the rugby instead. Football might not be the sport for you.

Edited by FifeSons

On 17/08/2024 at 18:00, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not a judgemental person but Annan fans are really weird. Not only on here but IRL:-

Saw some woman shouting at a couple of young lads to "keep your opinions to yourselves!!" after said lads walked past her and shockingly said "2-0!". 

8 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Some proper Tory country bumpkins in that Annan support. Telling folk off for swearing at a football match because there’s children present and a steward telling someone off for calling the referee a disgrace :lol: maybe go watch the rugby instead. Football might not be the sport for you.

My post above after our routine win against them earlier in the season. 

For the size of the support they have a fair number of oddballs. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

My post above after our routine win against them earlier in the season. 

For the size of the support they have a fair number of oddballs. 

Some proper weirdos giving it big licks to Sons fans when they equalised against 10 men with a wee boy in goals! The attendance was dire, too.

12 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Sorry if this has been answered but what's the record for consecutive draws?

For all competitions, it's four. We're currently at one after the cup game last week. For league matches, it's the current run we're on.

I can’t really grumble about the red card tbh. If you’re coming 35-40 yards out your goal, then you have to make sure you clearly get the ball. Questions need asked about the defending at times too. Clark got caught out about half a dozen times on the left and we were caught sleeping which lead to the red card incident.

Apart from the red card the referee and co got progressively worse as the game went on, giving Annan a free kick any time our Strikers challenged for the ball in anyway. Not to mention the high foot challenge on Niang.

Thought a lot of our players had quite a bad game today after we were down to 10 men in particular. Niang was poor on the ball and just seemed to be a yard off it for most of the game. Mike Miller was poor for most of the game but done well in the closing stages. Mumbongo was absolutely rotten, he couldn’t get the ball to stick to him and lost possession way too much, even though he did have some harsh fouls ruled against him.

Final shoutout to Luke Smallwood, who was fantastic today! I was worried when I seen how young and small he was but he managed everything thrown at him today, was pretty composed and only made one small error in spilling the ball but between him and the defence, they managed to scramble it clear.

More than deserved a point today. I’m happy to write this one off due to the red card but it’s becoming a recurring theme that we can’t get these wins over the line and take all 3 points.

Onwards and upwards!

Edited by super-son

I was hoping you'd get your first win today, but no luck at all.  So ok you need to start winning, but when nobody has been able to beat you I like to think surely there's hope a win is imminent. Anyway, good luck sons, I hope you start getting them over the line soon.