The KVV/ Europa failures derby Saints v Killie 14/09/24

4 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Loads to complain about but I will say that was the best £27 I've spent all season. Absolutely great entertainment 👍

Aye.  For a neutral that would have been great entertainment.  

And despite all Killie’s moans, coming back like that in the second half, and then having a losing-in-injury time goal chopped off by VAR must have given them some good moments. 

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

Loads to complain about but I will say that was the best £27 I've spent all season. Absolutely great entertainment 👍

Aye it was a really good watch.

Except for how shite we were in the second half.<_<

It wasn’t dull, that’s for sure. Four goals, refereeing controversy, VAR in full fcuking flow, own goal, yellow cards, red card, aggro between the players, a penalty, a disallowed goal, Richard Taylor falling over a lot - game had everything.

Load of shite.

Just watched last nights sportscene and was astonished at Stephen McGinns comments on the Sean Rooney incident.  He may well be correct in suggesting Rooney should be sent off but he is effectively sticking the boot into his employer on air. Might be a good idea if he either gave up on punditry or his job with us so he isn't in this position again or the club make up his mind for him.There are times when you can be too honest 

6 minutes ago, Oldchap said:

Just watched last nights sportscene and was astonished at Stephen McGinns comments on the Sean Rooney incident.  He may well be correct in suggesting Rooney should be sent off but he is effectively sticking the boot into his employer on air. Might be a good idea if he either gave up on punditry or his job with us so he isn't in this position again or the club make up his mind for him.There are times when you can be too honest 

There was only one person sticking the boot in, and it wasn't McGinn.

Rooney was lucky, McGinn is well within his rights to say that. Is it worse than a manager saying that about their own player?

2 hours ago, AW saint said:

A retrospective Red card for Rooney would not surprise me. Needs to reign it in. 

Meh, we diddies get away with it sometimes & get clobbered at some point later on. Yer man does need to chill out, but all in all we were the victims of utter incompetence yesterday.

2 hours ago, Oldchap said:

Shaun Rooney isn't his employer.

3 hours ago, Oldchap said:

So much for team spirit 

Stephen is a good pundit and he’s very honest while working for the BBC sportsound team or indeed Sportscene. I for one would never question his commitment to St Mirren. I would also say that potentially he’s a future manager. 

One of my biggest pet peeves in football is when people say that the ball was on target and therefore it has to be a penalty so it was irritating to see all 3 Sportscene goons agree with the call on that basis.

Thought Rooney was well over the top but you rarely see folk sent off for it. Plausible deniability I guess. The kind of thing that shithouses like Naismith, Scott Brown etc used to get away with on a weekly basis.

1 hour ago, Bakero said:

I’d be hugely embarrassed if Stephen McGinn was trying to justify what Rooney did. Of course it’s not the most important thing, but I think someone being honest is a better reflection on St Mirren too. 

This is my take too. I hate it when pundits sit on the fence or shite out of being critical of their mates.

8 hours ago, Oldchap said:

Absolute nonsense. "Astonished", come off it.

He was perfectly fair and honest, and SM can have no complaints about his comments. 

3 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

One of my biggest pet peeves in football is when people say that the ball was on target and therefore it has to be a penalty so it was irritating to see all 3 Sportscene goons agree with the call on that basis.

It does my box in too, where the ball is going is completely irrelevant in the laws of the game. I thought it was a penalty under the rules, but it's the sort of one that shouldn't be since he doesn't have a clue about it.