The KVV/ Europa failures derby Saints v Killie 14/09/24

Piss poor today against ten men, some real poor stuff from Saints given their advantage. Too slow, passive when we should be on the front foot. For me there is very little threat going forward when we have the ball, players looking about for what to do and we stutter 30 yards out. Late on James Scott wins a throw up on the left, gets the ball and nobody looking to get up with play typified the game.

I switched off at half-time (something I have literally never ever done when watching Killie even when we've been at our gashest), how the f**k have St. Mirren contrived not to win that game? Considering the officiating that benefited them in the first half, which was the most egregious I have ever witnessed in my life, that's a pure riddy. To put that into context, I've watched Nick Walsh, Louis Thow, and, surprise surprise, Andrew Dallas ref Killie before while doing their utmost to cheat us out of any chance of gaining even a point or an Ayrshire Cup. 

Concerning times in Paisley IMHO

1 minute ago, Fide said:

Two swallows do not a summer make. 

All the big calls were probably right. Penalty a bit harsh, but it's a handball, red card was the right call. 2 goals rightly chalked off. Rooney staying on the park is the only one I'd concede. I thought he was very lucky.

Take nothing away from Kilmarnock though, it would've been a travesty if they'd left empty handed.

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

All the big calls were probably right. Penalty a bit harsh, but it's a handball, red card was the right call. 2 goals rightly chalked off. Rooney staying on the park is the only one I'd concede. I thought he was very lucky.

Take nothing away from Kilmarnock though, it would've been a travesty if they'd left empty handed.

Stop being moderately reasonable. 

Absolutely seething at that pitiful second half display.  Killie were easily the better team even with 10. 

Thought the ref got the big calls right,  not seeing where these "worst refereeing display" ever shouts are coming from.  

Questions to be asked of Robbo and a good few of our players,  unfortunately.  Probably only Rooney,  Toyosi and O'Hara getting pass marks. 

3 minutes ago, AberdeenBud said:

Absolutely seething at that pitiful second half display.  Killie were easily the better team even with 10. 

Thought the ref got the big calls right,  not seeing where these "worst refereeing display" ever shouts are coming from.  

Questions to be asked of Robbo and a good few of our players,  unfortunately.  Probably only Rooney,  Toyosi and O'Hara getting pass marks. 

Ask yourself why your manager subbed a player after 18 minutes.

Maybe a wee pointer there as to why we're unhappy with the officiating.

2 minutes ago, Pizzo said:

Eh, to stop him getting sent off after receiving a yellow and then committing another foul shortly after?

Thought those 2 decisions balanced out,  first foul was never a yellow, second probably was.  

3 minutes ago, Pizzo said:

The ref was conned every time by Killie players falling about like f**king weebles 

That feels like a defeat given the Killie Hollywood stunt men were down to 10 men. Killies number 3 looks a player. Saints were awful in the second half. Big disappointment.  Top it off Ferry from Wemyss Bay cancelled now departing Gourock. 35 minute sail now well over an hour : - ( 

That feels like a defeat given the Killie Hollywood stunt men were down to 10 men. Killies number 3 looks a player. Saints were awful in the second half. Big disappointment.  Top it off Ferry from Wemyss Bay cancelled now departing Gourock. 35 minute sail now well over an hour : - ( 

13 minutes ago, AberdeenBud said:

Leaving aside the Mandron one that Robinson clearly felt the ref got wrong, your thoughts on Rooney blootering Vassell with no attempt to play the ball?

Absolute shite from St Mirren in that second half. 2-1 up against ten men at half time, at home - then shitfest a second half where we were slow, constantly gave the ball away, couldn’t carve out a clear cut chance if our lives depended on it, and went sideways or backwards at a snail’s pace. Fcuking shite, and while we didn’t deserve to lose, we certainly didn’t deserve to win.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Wrong analogy, unlike the Kilmarnock players weebles didn't fall down.

I'll freely admit that I was so seething at the officials that at the end of the first half that I switched off, but seeing a poster who was giving it the big one earlier because the officials did everything to give your team a gimme of a win now whinging like a little bitch is pleasing tbh. 

Awful 2nd half from us - wonder if Olusanya had stayed on it would have been different if he stretched the game with Killie pushing on.

Kilmarnock are so hard to play against, absolute horrible b*****ds. Rooney would fit right in your side I think !!

Our signings aren't good enough. Dennis, Roland, Elvis - all bargain basement signings that, unfortunately for us, look it. No gems there.

Think both teams will be bottom 6 this season, league is far stronger. Wouldn't be surprised if Killie nick 6th, but we look booked for 8th or 9th.