Meal routines

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

My meal routine is basically as follows

Breakfast - Usually around 7am or earlier.  I make my son breakfast, which is usually Shreddies or porridge.  I generally have porridge, which I make with water in the microwave.  Depending on time I might make myself some scrambled eggs (4 eggs scrambled with buttered sourdough toast on the side).

Lunch - If I'm working from home I'll generally heat up some soup or have some cheese and biscuits.  I eat at the dining table or if I'm very busy I'll eat it at the desk I work at.  If I'm in the office I'll usually go to the canteen with colleagues or if I'm going out for a run I'll grab something and eat it in one of the breakout areas.

Dinner - I always like to eat as a family round the table, which means we usually eat fairly early.  If I'm working from home I'll put some dinner in the slow cooker to be ready around 5pm or I'll put together something that can be heated up.  We usually eat between 5 and half 5.  It's good to have family time and discuss our day etc.  It's also good for my son to be involved in laying the table, clearing up etc.  If you put good habits in place early it makes them easier when they get older. 

Snacks - I go to the gym three times a week, if I can, and after I've lifted weights I'll usually have some protein.  Generally I'll eat a protein bar and a protein yoghurt, which I get from Aldi.  I find that the Aldi peanut butter protein bars are just as tasty as the more expensive ones and they have 21g of protein per bar.  The protein yoghurts have 24g of protein per pouch and taste just as good as any of the more expensive ones.

Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

We don't have a dining room but we do have a dining area next to the cooking kitchen and living area but we eat on the sofa except on Christmas Day.  I balance the plate between my knees and my belly as I also have my feet on the pouf and that posture works well for me.  That said, on the few times the wife manages to serve the food piping hot it can be a bit tricky.

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

We don't have a dining room but we do have a dining area next to the cooking kitchen and living area but we eat on the sofa except on Christmas Day.  I balance the plate between my knees and my belly as I also have my feet on the pouf and that posture works well for me.  That said, on the few times the wife manages to serve the food piping hot it can be a bit tricky.

You have to say "member of the LGBT community now", because of woke.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

My meal routine is basically as follows

Breakfast - Usually around 7am or earlier.  I make my son breakfast, which is usually Shreddies or porridge.  I generally have porridge, which I make with water in the microwave.  Depending on time I might make myself some scrambled eggs (4 eggs scrambled with buttered sourdough toast on the side).

Lunch - If I'm working from home I'll generally heat up some soup or have some cheese and biscuits.  I eat at the dining table or if I'm very busy I'll eat it at the desk I work at.  If I'm in the office I'll usually go to the canteen with colleagues or if I'm going out for a run I'll grab something and eat it in one of the breakout areas.

Dinner - I always like to eat as a family round the table, which means we usually eat fairly early.  If I'm working from home I'll put some dinner in the slow cooker to be ready around 5pm or I'll put together something that can be heated up.  We usually eat between 5 and half 5.  It's good to have family time and discuss our day etc.  It's also good for my son to be involved in laying the table, clearing up etc.  If you put good habits in place early it makes them easier when they get older. 

Snacks - I go to the gym three times a week, if I can, and after I've lifted weights I'll usually have some protein.  Generally I'll eat a protein bar and a protein yoghurt, which I get from Aldi.  I find that the Aldi peanut butter protein bars are just as tasty as the more expensive ones and they have 21g of protein per bar.  The protein yoghurts have 24g of protein per pouch and taste just as good as any of the more expensive ones.

Four eggs, ICTChris? Four?

4 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Off on a slight tangent, but when was lunch added to the order of meals in Scotland?

I fear we have become anglicised somewhere across the years.

Growing up in Fife it was:

Breakfast

Dinner

Tea

Supper

lord of the rings eating GIF

30 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Off on a slight tangent, but when was lunch added to the order of meals in Scotland?

I fear we have become anglicised somewhere across the years.

Growing up in Fife it was:

Breakfast

Dinner

Tea

Supper

That’s because Fifers are weirdos. It is breakfast, lunch, dinner.