Meal routines

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 14/09/2024 at 10:08, Bert Raccoon said:

Do people eat supper apart from Hyasinth Bucket? Supper for me was toast and a cup of tea before bed when I was about ten. Chances are I was watching London's Burning 

I used to eat two sandwiches before bed every night as a young lad, man if I tried to do that now the heartburn and / or indigestion would kill me. Although, I still have overnight oats with protein in them before bed or something similar.

Two breakfasts was common a lot of this year until the youngest slept better, I love breakfast so I kinda miss this. 

8 hours ago, thistledo said:

I used to eat two sandwiches before bed every night as a young lad, man if I tried to do that now the heartburn and / or indigestion would kill me. Although, I still have overnight oats with protein in them before bed or something similar.

Two breakfasts was common a lot of this year until the youngest slept better, I love breakfast so I kinda miss this. 

You do know that the "overnight" thing doesn't mean you're supposed to digest it overnight?

On 14/09/2024 at 11:25, Bert Raccoon said:

That was 999, with Micheal Burke. Javelin through the neck was the ultimate episode from memory 

When I think of 999 that school Javelin accident immediately springs to mind. Incredible 🤣

Back when reality TV was good... javelins out of necks and challenge Aneka building a donkey refuge in 72 hours. 

Edited by Raith2711

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

So when do you prepare your suppertime "overnight" oats?

That's a good question. I don't actually know as I don't do it, as I can't be trusted with milk to porridge ratio, so the missus does it for me and they last a few days in the fridge. I don't think it really matters how long they actually spend in the fridge losing their structural integrity as I think you can just eat them right away. Put peanut butter in them too, Skippy not Sun-Pat, quite a lot of it and one scoop of protein and oh man you got yourself a snack. 

20 hours ago, thistledo said:

That's a good question. I don't actually know as I don't do it, as I can't be trusted with milk to porridge ratio, so the missus does it for me and they last a few days in the fridge. I don't think it really matters how long they actually spend in the fridge losing their structural integrity as I think you can just eat them right away. Put peanut butter in them too, Skippy not Sun-Pat, quite a lot of it and one scoop of protein and oh man you got yourself a snack. 

What's "a scoop of protein" - is it that whey stuff? 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Maybe it's improved since the 90s but that stuff ruined all the glasses in my flat by coating them in residue. The flatmate responsible still looked like Mr Muscle. 

That's a bit unusual, I'd reckon things no doubt have improved since then, the stuff I get is just from My Protein and never had any issues, it's even pretty easy on the stomach but I don't have a lot of it.