Routine Home Win Ra Hoops v No hopers

48 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

And this time it is a penalty...

Through my green tinted glasses the hearts player put his arms out to block the cross then quickly brought them into his chest to plead his innocence. The camera clearly shows his arms out stretched when the ball hit the arm.

I don't think many of us were expecting anything from this game, and it wasn't the doing a lot of us were expecting, but it's another routine defeat in Glesgae.

I'm pissed off at the Baningame thing, though - that'll be him f**ked again, no doubt - first game back in ages - shouldn't have played longer than an hour, but Naismith thinks he's the master at managing his resources. 

We did play ok - Taylor in particular was very good and Halkett is starting to look more like his old self - but I wasn't concerned about our ability to make things difficult for the opposition when we want to.  The fundamental issues are at the other end and today didn't tell us anything new on that score.

Dont think the Scales one was a penalty. Not only is he very close, but looks like it hits his shoulder anyway.

Penrice one is unlucky and i hate game changing penalties being given for that. 

Need a tiered punishment for handball in the box. Indirect freekick or corner would have been enough imo.

Edited by Jacky1990

4 hours ago, DC92 said:

What are the limitations to the "proximity" argument? Can you block the ball with an outstretched arm as long as you're within a yard or two of the strike?

Wasn’t about the proximity, it’s where it hit. If it hits your arms above the t-shirt line it isn’t a penalty which is what it appears to be in this case. From 1 angle it almost looks like his shoulder which shows how high up the arm it hit

IMG_8650.png

Edited by Jinky67

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Wasn’t about the proximity, it’s where it hit. If it hits your arms above the t-shirt line it isn’t a penalty which is what it appears to be in this case. From 1 angle it almost looks like his shoulder which shows how high up the arm it hit

IMG_8650.png

Good patter youve chosen a graphic that shows a guy in green and white = no handball, but the red = handball.

Fair play if deliberate.

I get why Hearts fans were irate about the penalties and would have been inclined to agree with them however as @Jinky67 has shown and watching sportscene this morning Craigen explains pretty well how VAR got it right as how the rules go.

I would agree with @Jacky1990however there definitely needs to be a tier system for handball in the box with indirect free kicks, as in my eyes that's what both of them should be.

Edited by gannonball

12 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

I’d say the Celtic penalty is the same as the rangers pen first game which we got zip from! one rule for us etc etc

The Rangers one, the ball is going to hit Barron on another part of his body if it doesn't hit his arm. The Celtic one, the ball is flying into the box if the Hearts player doesn't stop it with his arm. Good improvements to the handball laws this season.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I get why Hearts fans were irate about the penalties and would have been inclined to agree with them however as @Jinky67 has shown and watching sportscene this morning Craigen explains pretty well how VAR got it right as how the rules go.

I would agree with @Jacky1990however there definitely needs to be a tier system for handball in the box with indirect free kicks, as in my eyes that's what both of them should be.

Indirect free kick for handball in the box, unless it’s denying a goal. 

Only sensible outcome if we insist on this being the handball rule. 

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Indirect free kick for handball in the box, unless it’s denying a goal. 

Only sensible outcome if we insist on this being the handball rule. 

I am fully on board with anything that brings more of the glorious chaos that is an Indirect free kick in the Penalty box.