Raith Rovers v Hamilton Academicals

25 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I'm sorry but the keeper clearly took the ball diving over. Is he just supposed to suspend himself in mid air like something out of minority report. If that's what is given as a penalty then we need to just have the rules like netball with no contact. Exactly the same senario took place at the end of the game at the corner and nothing was given. 

He could try actually getting the ball, not flapping at it, getting a wee touch then cleaning out the striker. I wouldn't have a problem with your reasoning if Dabrowski actually did get the ball under control or influence it in some meaningful way, which he really didn't. 

1 minute ago, Moysterclass said:

He could try actually getting the ball, not flapping at it, getting a wee touch then cleaning out the striker. I wouldn't have a problem with your reasoning if Dabrowski actually did get the ball under control or influence it in some meaningful way, which he really didn't. 

But he does, because he hits it into Shaw. The only reason it doesn’t go any further is because it hits him. The issue i have is that, the ref didn’t see that bit of action, has presumed Shaw has hit it past him and kev has taken him out. He has guessed and got it wrong. 

Some strike by LS but I felt giving him the MotM was a bit harsh on others, particularly Hamilton who was excellent until he ran out of steam. Matthews, Dick, Easton and Pollock were good too, with the rest around average. If I have to pick out a villain it'd be either of the substitutions  Mullin or the St Mirren kid.

No doubt LD was caught cold for the first one but I'm sure like the rest of us he was expecting Hanlon to clear it, it was in the air a long time and Hanlon should have done better with his timing. As for the penalty decision I can see why the ref gave it, it was almost certainly the wrong call but I can still see why, he's not been helped by his assistant but he was dung too as we saw later.

Judging by the was Vaughan was holding his left leg it looks like he's done his Hammy, although as one with previous groin issues it could quite easily be that.

The Accies 2nd is a fluke, its a swipe that deflects off Stevenson and loops in off the post, KB obviously thinks its going wide but maybe the spin brings it back in a bit. Their Third is a complete cluster f**k defensively, I think everyone in the ground knew it was coming.

Great pass from Easton and a good finish from Pollock for our 2nd. Our 3rd was a howler from  Lyness but good following up by Easton. Smiths goal ruled offside was a close thing, the Lino was poor all game so it's no surprise if he got this one wrong too.

Referee was average at best should have booked their No5 McGinty for leaving one on Hamilton in the far corner and should have red carded the skipper Martin for lashing out a boot at Freeman.

We were the better side and should have won but didn't, too many mistakes...........again.

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:

I'm sorry but the keeper clearly took the ball diving over. Is he just supposed to suspend himself in mid air like something out of minority report. If that's what is given as a penalty then we need to just have the rules like netball with no contact. Exactly the same senario took place at the end of the game at the corner and nothing was given. 

Well it wasn't exactly the same scenario as Shaw wasn't running in on goal and didn't get to it first. Incidentally I wouldn't blame your keeper for giving away the corner, that was a hard one to catch under such pressure.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Well we've stopped the run of defeats at least 😂 

Could genuinely watch Stevensons goal over and over again. Absolutely ridiculous strike. 

It was very good. I, unfortunately, had a brilliant view of it. It was in from the moment it left his boot.

Had no option but to give it a wee 👏🏻👏🏻

6 hours ago, Moysterclass said:

He palmed it away and it hit the forward coming through. I'm sorry never a penalty in my mind. The keeper was crossing his path and the forward collided with him l. Both can't just stop in mid air. It's a 50/50 challange if ever I saw one. The ref is dreadful.