🔴🟡Thistle vs Dunfermline⚫️⚪️ - 21st September 2024

Result  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Result

• Home win
    • Away Win
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/24 at 14:00

51 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

So what if it’s just 3 people - they’ve paid money for those seats for the season. Not to be moved every time some team comes along that expects to bring more than a few hundred fans. At least when you come to Firhill you get a side on view instead of getting stuck behind a goal.

It used to be the case that we were behind the goal at Firhill, that was far, far, far better. 

To be clear, I'm not saying that should still be the case, it's great for the Partick fans that they've made that end their own. But being at the side isn't the be all and end all. The stand at Morton gets loads of stick but it's not any worse than the main stand at Firhill. 

Pars are back

0-2

Living in Glasgow now I will be in the boozer (probably Munns) for opening time so my over confidence will go through several emotional changes to despair back to over confidence in the 4 hours I will be in there.

Can't beat the emotion of a run of the mill league game 3pm kickoff.

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

17 hours ago, par-adise said:

What's behind Partick's slow start to the season? Surely to god Brian Graham can't score again after doing so in all four ties last season. 

I wish we knew. I think it's just a combination of problems, the old cliche of new players coming in not quite working together yet, injuries/suspensions, some of the signings have been odd ones, not sure why we haven't signed a defensive mid and we've struggled to replace McMillan. Probably more things, it's hard to tell if it'll come together at any point, it's classic Thistle though, you really just don't f**king know what you'll get when you turn up. 

Anyway, wouldn't miss it for the world, can't wait. 

Firhill gives me PTSD.

3-3 draw when we were 3-1 with 5 mins to go and a win would have kept us up.

Conceding a scandalous last-gasp equaliser in the last game (?) before Covid.

Losing 1-0 under Hughes and not laying a glove on Thistle when we needed a win and they were shite.

A hideously dull goalless draw vs QP in the relegation play-off.

Losing on penalties in the Scottish Cup.

We have done far better there when I don’t go so hopefully that holds up this weekend.

15 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Firhill gives me PTSD.

3-3 draw when we were 3-1 with 5 mins to go and a win would have kept us up.

Conceding a scandalous last-gasp equaliser in the last game (?) before Covid.

Losing 1-0 under Hughes and not laying a glove on Thistle when we needed a win and they were shite.

A hideously dull goalless draw vs QP in the relegation play-off.

Losing on penalties in the Scottish Cup.

We have done far better there when I don’t go so hopefully that holds up this weekend.

Jeffries playing chris kane at left back and us being humped the first match after not we didn't pay wages. TBF partick had an excellent team that year with several making a career at prem level.

Better memory at least would be the QF in 04 when we eased passed them and also the cardle 2nd half hattrick mayve 09-10?  f**k its been a while since we've had many genuinely brilliant pars moments at a reasonable level.

Edited by parsforlife

6 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Jeffries playing chris kane at left back and us being humped the first match after not we didn't pay wages. TBF partick had an excellent team that year with several making a career at prem level.

Better memory at least would be the OF in 04 when we eased passed them and also the cardle 2nd half hattrick mayve 09-10?  f**k its been a while since we've had many genuinely brilliant pars moments at a reasonable level.

I think we beat them in the Scottish Cup a few weeks after that rodgering, football eh? 

Personally, I'm still bitter about a Scottish Cup game circa 2007 where they didn't turn the USH on. 

3 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Personally, I'm still bitter about a Scottish Cup game circa 2007 where they didn't turn the USH on. 

We needed to wait for Liam Buchanan to come back from injury, I’m sure you can understand.

Anyway, let’s find some common ground. Joe Cardle - wid. 

Firhill is one of the few grounds I have watched a game from every stand. The main stand is very bad I’m actually surprised it still has a safety certificate not because of anything in particular it just seems unloved. 

4 hours ago, North West said:

I've convinced myself not to go to the game and although I think we'll equip ourselves well, I can't face drinking in that Cowp Munns bar, or sitting in that repressive main stand. 

It's not compulsory. Try a different boozer. 

3 hours ago, 101 said:

Firhill is one of the few grounds I have watched a game from every stand. The main stand is very bad I’m actually surprised it still has a safety certificate not because of anything in particular it just seems unloved. 

Certainly needs some TLC.New windows were put in under a year ago and some roofing work done along with some painting, ongoing deep clean of stand and fixing of seats(occasionally trashed by away fans) by Volunteers .However,wholesale refurb not realistic anytime soon .

Edited by I Clavdivs

7 hours ago, North West said:

I've convinced myself not to go to the game and although I think we'll equip ourselves well, I can't face drinking in that Cowp Munns bar, or sitting in that repressive main stand. 

Difficult not to disagree with you, although I prefer to label the main stand ‘traditional’

7 hours ago, North West said:

What's a working class Maryhill boozer supposed to look like ? .If it offends you can go pan loafy at that Ibiza Malarkey just along Road beside the Fire Station .