Ross County vs St. Johnstone - Sat 21/9/2024

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Great goal for us to get at a point in the game where we'd completely conceded control. There were ten minutes or so there that were reminiscent of the second half at Easter Road.

Get one of the CBs off and get Carey on at half time. Maybe need Keltjens on for Matt Smith as well so you end up with Raymond and Keltjens either side of the back four, Carey and Wright on either wing and Holt/Sprangler CM.

Yep Kjeltens on for Neilson would be one sub I’d make. I’m maybe in the minority but I’d bring on Carey for Sprangler. I think Holt is better playing as the holding/defensive midfielder. Would go with Carey and Wright wide and Holt and Smith central.

6 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I think Sinclair should have saved the County goal, uses the defender as a screen but it isn't right in the corner?

Was just saying this. It's not a horrendous mistake but keepers we've had in the past save that.

1 minute ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Think the referee has that spot on on to be honest. Not a red for Lopata? as the other CB was there, and nothing for Wright who made a decent challenge.

Ref has got it right. Wright won the ball and Lopata chopped him down. Tremendous strike but Laidlaw can’t be happy about that beating him.

Edited by Jamie_B

Not entirely sure why we've made subs that force Wright to LWB, but guess we'll just see what happens.

Just now, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Is he worried about the pace on that side from County? 🤷‍♂️ 

Be interesting to watch the game back and see if something started to happen down that side.

8 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Scott Bright is a left sided defender. While I understand it’s a big ask for a youngster surely a guy in his natural position is a better idea than switching someone to their weak side 

I reckon unless it's game over and we've won they've got no intention to bring on those young lads on the bench. 

Making up the numbers

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe