S'tenhous'emuir v Queen's'

Hopefully we can get a result in yet another difficult away game. 

We miss Brydon at the back Hannah did okay but lacks experience .

I would if possible go with the team that started the 2nd half against Arbroath 

We still lack a goal threat especially away from home hopefully at some point the boy we have on loan from Ayr will appear again .

Edited by Homer Thompson

58 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Who pissed in your beer?

Listen mate this is a serious place and we do things in a certain manner. Not just any old user can start threads when it comes to Stenhousemuir.

Any more of your back chat and you will be reported.

Edited by Neilly

Stenhousemuir welcome Queen of the South to Ochilview on Saturday for what is set to be a tantalising encounter. The last time the teams shared a division was the 2012/13 season, where the Doonhamers leathered everything they faced (although the Warriors were one of the few sides to beat them, albeit at the fag end of the campaign when the title was wrapped up). This season's vintage aren't quite as strong as they find their feet under Peter Murphy, but they boast some capable players who are big, strong and skilful and will pose a difficult challenge.

Murphy has signed well, I feel, recruiting big players, both literally and figuratively. Reece Lyon is probably the best midfielder in the division and alongside Matty Douglas and Benji Luissint, have a lot of physicality and a lot of character, something that was missing last season. I'm not too keen on their forward options, right enough, and reckon they're lacking a quality centre-forward to knit the frontline together.

If Stenny are to take something from this game, they'll need to be far better than they were against Montrose on Saturday. They were sloppy and careless and lacked a cutting edge in attack and these deficiencies cannot be repeated. It was a hard lesson for the likes of Mikey Anderson and Kinlay Bilham but one they will surely learn from. I wonder if Gary Naysmith will stick with his traditional 4-2-3-1 system or move to the 3-5-2 we saw in the second half at Links Park? Either way, I'd take Fin Allan out of the starting XI and maybe Kyle Banner too - he's looked a little uncomfortable in recent weeks and Aaron Steele might be due a start. Is Euan O'Reilly fit? If so, get him straight back into the team.

How about:

- Matty Aitken -

- Ross Taylor - Blair Alston - Euan O'Reilly -

- Mikey Anderson - Nat Wedderburn -

- Kinlay Bilham - Aaron Steele - Gregor Buchanan - Ross Meechan -

- Darren Jamieson -

We've got a good home record this season, which should hold us in good stead, but it's likely to be tested here. We can win, of course, but a point wouldn't be a terrible outcome.

I'll see you all there!

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This remains the match thread as far as I'm concerned.

I'm hopeful that the unusual spacing in the title will work in the same way as shoddy punctuation has in other threads.

That"s always possible