Arbroath vs Annan Athletic

I feel like I've seen this story before.  We've looked the better team, but we've done very little with it.  So, same old story as most of the season.

Oh, and someone needs to tell Gallagher he should be playing up front, not running about in midfield.

51 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I feel like I've seen this story before.  We've looked the better team, but we've done very little with it.  So, same old story as most of the season.

Oh, and someone needs to tell Gallagher he should be playing up front, not running about in midfield.

This aged well

6 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

This aged well

In what way?  Are you saying that didn't happen in the first half?

Absolutely delighted to see we've finally broken our duck in the league, and absolutely deserved too!  We've seen so many games where we've been the better team (despite what lichtgilphead seems to be saying??) and not won, and getting the job done will do the team the world of good!

Edited by ExiledLichtie

Poor first half I thought, second half I think we absolutely deserved to win the game and could’ve scored a few more. Annan could feel unlucky not to have scored themselves, big Goss is a nightmare to deal with - but correct result in my opinion and I am absolutely buzzing that we’ve broken that hoodoo hanging over us 

Fkn yassss 

Stewart absolutely excellent today again and no shock goal come from his cut back - guys can’t handle him 

Dow is so much better central 

Reilly brilliant he’s got a goal and Coulson was excellent after coming on. Probably helped push us over the line they struggled with him 

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

In what way?  Are you saying that didn't happen in the first half?

Absolutely Delighted to see we've finally broken our duck in the league, and absolutely deserved too!  We've seen so many games where we've been the better team (despite what lichtgilphead seems to be saying??) and not won, and getting the job done will do the team absolutely the world of good!

As Gavin Reilly has just said on Arbroath TV, we were penned back a bit by the wind by the first half, but harnessed it well in the second.

The game is played over 90 minutes, not 45. The better side over 90 won the game

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

As Gavin Reilly has just said on Arbroath TV, we were penned back a bit by the wind by the first half, but harnessed it well in the second.

The game is played over 90 minutes, not 45. The better side over 90 won the game

So just to clarify, you don't think we were the better team in the first half?  I thought we were more than a match for Annan in the first half, without being particularly great.  I also think that's been the case for multiple matches where we've looked the better team but not scored.  Plenty of other people have commented on this in previous matches too.

You seem to have a very odd take on it.  Even 1320lichtie above described it as a "poor first half".  You better have a go at him.  

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

So just to clarify, you don't think we were the better team in the first half?  I thought we were more than a match for Annan in the first half, without being particularly great.  I also think that's been the case for multiple matches where we've looked the better team but not scored.  Plenty of other people have commented on this in previous matches too.

You seem to have a very odd take on it.  Even 1320lichtie above described it as a "poor first half".  You better have a go at him.  

Where did I say that?

I criicised your usual negative shite, that's all. Had we not gone on to win the game, you would have been the first on here criticising the team and promoting yourself as some kind of oracle.

No wonder most have you on ignore.

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

Where did I say that?

I criicised your usual negative shite, that's all. Had we not gone on to win the game, you would have been the first on here criticising the team and promoting yourself as some kind of oracle.

No wonder most have you on ignore.

Its not negative to say that we were the better team in the first half, but without doing much with it, and its not negative to say that we've repeatedly been the better team and haven't secured the points.   But weirdly, you don't think its negative to say that the team had a "poor first half".  It honestly seems personal.  I don't understand what your issue is at all.  Why can't you be happy that we finally got the three points that we've deserved for a few games now (despite what you apparently seem to think?)!

It was a really good performance overall, Innes Murray more than justified his start, Gallagher looked better in the second half, Coulson is an excellent option to bring on against tiring defenders, and I was really pleased to see Reilly get his goal.  Why not enjoy it?

Winning the game is the be all and end all - look at Hearts - longer these things go it becomes so hard 

The start to the season has absolutely done us when we were trying to break the hoodoo hanging over us from last year so hopefully we can kick on from this 

Delighted after that today. I definitely see potential in this team and this league will be all about who can put a decent run together. Centre backs, spalding and stewart all outstanding and coulson caused issues when he came on too.

Things are starting to look better.

Back 4 starting to show a bit more cohesion.
Stewart dominating another full-back while Coulson had a solid cameo on the other wing.
Reilly notching and making a huge difference in leading the line.

Having midfielders arrive in the box late to get on the end of Stewart's cut-backs could be a great source of goals this season, which is why I think Gallagher on the left might work. He struggled to make it work as a lone striker, ending up dropping too deep into an already congested midfield.