St Mirren vs Heart of Midlothian Saturday, 21st September- 3:00 PM

4 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Goal we lost was the same as last week against Killie.

Header from the same spot and ball going in at the back post again.

Maybe worth having someone on the back post at corners. 

The goal we lost last week was on Ayunga, why did he decide to glance his header while in his own penalty box, defending a set piece.

If you are in position to defend the ball, then he should be heading it straight back the way it’s coming or putting his full head on it to clear the ball for a corner. 
Fine margins as they say.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

The goal we lost last week was on Ayunga, why did he decide to glance his header while in his own penalty box, defending a set piece.

If you are in position to defend the ball, then he should be heading it straight back the way it’s coming or putting his full head on it to clear the ball for a corner. 
Fine margins as they say.

Well aware who scored last week. Point I was making is the ball went in at the back post both times, something that might not had happen if we had someone at the back post. 

5 hours ago, GAD said:

it was the second half performance I really enjoyed.

Me too. The week before, we went in 2-1 up at home against ten men, and our second half performance was nothing short of utter pish. Sideways passes, backwards passes, slow, laboured, Taylor falling over a lot, created almost zero despite having an extra body, never used the space that was there for us to do something. Gogic had a header that shaved the post, but really, that was it. Turgid.

The second half yesterday against 11 was far, far better. The Van Veen volley, the Van Veen low shot, Odowu skipping past three players before Gordon tipped over, Toyosi blasting one over… we made chances and while Hearts had a fair bit of the ball too, I never really felt we would blow the lead. 

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, tam the bud said:

Well aware who scored last week. Point I was making is the ball went in at the back post both times, something that might not had happen if we had someone at the back post. 

I didn’t mean to come across like that at all, I agree with your point it was just annoying that a forward would attempt to glance the ball from a defensive position, rather than just head it back or out for a corner.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

I didn’t mean to come across like that at all, I agree with your point it was just annoying that a forward would attempt to glance the ball from a defensive position, rather than just head it back or out for a corner.

I think there were talk of a Killie player giving Ayunga  a wee nudge, just prior to him heading the ball that could have been the reason for his header direction.

I am just someone who had always wanted players on both posts for corners, but glad Hearts didn't for our 1st goal. 

3 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

anyone know what was going on in away end when stewards piled in after goal?

I thought someone had taken ill, or fell. Something of that nature. A Hearts fan ran to the stewards gesturing someone needed help, and a fan was assisted from their seat down one of the exits. Didn’t look like there was any aggro’ involved. Maybe a Jambo who was there has a better idea?

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I thought someone had taken ill, or fell. Something of that nature. A Hearts fan ran to the stewards gesturing someone needed help, and a fan was assisted from their seat down one of the exits. Didn’t look like there was any aggro’ involved. Maybe a Jambo who was there has a better idea?

Didn't see anyting, but heard a Young Teamer got taken out severely the worse for the wear. Maybe that?

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Fake news.

They are the best run fan owned club in the UK.

Nick Offerman Smile GIF

Tbf literally no one was complaining at the extension.  Not even the most negative could've foreseen that collapse coming.

Think wages are "only" 3 months for the payout so at least not hampered too much by the new deal. Though imagine it'll be a higher wage

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Didn't see anyting, but heard a Young Teamer got taken out severely the worse for the wear. Maybe that?

He was probably having a panic attack....just needed a wee puff into a brown paper bag to calm himself down.

Edited by mcginns