Week 3

lichtie23

Acting like Bolton is a God when we’ve ran it to his side and he was unblocked. Do not understand calling a play that takes 10 yards of running to gain 6 inches when the line is right in front of you. Garbage call. f**k the Chiefs.

Edited by AyrAtlanta

18 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Acting like Bolton is a God when we’ve ran it to his side and he was unblocked. Do not understand calling a play that takes 10 yards of running to gain 6 inches when the line is right in front of you. Garbage call. f**k the Chiefs.

Bad call, but this is actual garbage.  Pitched to the RB 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage with 5 linemen on their arse immediately the balls snapped. Being a Bears fan is a miserable experience

I saw that 5 of the 6 winless teams in the league won yesterday - the Giants, Broncos, Panthers and Ravens as road teams, and the Rams at home to the 9ers in what was for all intents and purposes a road game as well. All were underdogs in the betting lines.

The NFL have got their wish. The league is true parity where anyone can beat anyone. Well, almost. Nobody can beat the Chiefs because the officials will give them every single call.

6 hours ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Collinsworth is a joke. Struggling to listen to this.

I’ve all but given up with SNF and a lot of it is to do with Collinsworth. The laugh he does every time a big play happens makes me want to put my foot through the TV. And the salivating over every single thing a big name player does; it’s like when Gruden used to do the commentary, but 100x worse. Awful stuff.

13 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Houston getting clapped in Minnesota is interesting. Lets see if Darnold manages to look like a competent QB beyond week 3 for the first time in his career

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/sep/23/sam-darnolds-renaissance-shows-offers-hope-for-the-quarterback-scrapheap

"Darnold is still far from a top-tier quarterback, but after three starts this season we have enough of a sample size to believe his turnaround is probably real. He’s been one of the league’s best passers by completion percentage over expectation, according to the NFL’s Next Gen Stats. Vikings head coach and playcaller Kevin O’Connell has turned him loose, letting Darnold hang on to the ball while receivers run their routes and then fire the ball downfield. (At 3.03 seconds of average time to throw, Darnold is one of the most patient passers in football this year, although his offensive line is good enough to allow him that time.) With all-world receiver Justin Jefferson at his disposal, the Vikings could well continue to get strong QB play out of Darnold."

The Guardian are overlooking the point I'm making about Darnold. FWIW, I agree with them that he's likely at the Geno point of his career where he's finally figured it out enough to stick around, but he has always, statistically at least, been impressive early in seasons before tailing-off disastrously in October and beyond. One of the reasons it wouldn't be a massive shock if it does happen again is precisely because it would be in keeping with the rest of his career to date, but the Vikings are solid enough that even if he can't quite keep up the level of play he should still remain a perfectly viable starter the rest of the way IMO.

Interesting they pick up on Dalton as well. As funny as it was seeing the Raiders shit the bed yesterday, every non-QB metric suggested the Panthers were performing like a middle-of-the-road team and it was a simple case of epically poor QB play dragging them down. I think yesterday confirms that, although you have to wonder how a Raiders team that stood toe-to-toe with the Chargers for the most part, went to Baltimore and won, suddenly capitulates when faced with an entirely "meh" Carolina team. Of their three opponents I'd say the Dalton-led Panthers are still the weakest of the lot, yet they made far harder work of things than they did over the first couple of weeks. 

Hoping for a Buffalo win tonight, because I think Jacksonville is teetering on the brink of binfiredom and it will be interesting to see how far they'll let things go before they boot Pederson and give Lawrence another fresh start with a new HC. They've basically tied themselves to the QB with the extension, so even if things do go to shit completely it's inevitable it's going to be Pederson that pays the price for that and not TL.