Qo'S vs' D'umbarton

Outcome   

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 28/09/24 at 14:00

2 minutes ago, microdave said:

Hopefully the lack of apostrophes in the title will stop a home win. Not that it made any difference this week but it'll stop it hurting my eyes everytime I visit here this week.

Jeez, you're keen. 😏

We'd prefer to keep the apostrophes for a wee while longer, at least we didn't lose today. Been a wee while since our last league game against the Son's ... 😎

40 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Jeez, you're keen. 😏

We'd prefer to keep the apostrophes for a wee while longer, at least we didn't lose today. Been a wee while since our last league game against the Son's ... 😎

Our last league match was the infamous Kevin Nisbet (what happened to him?) penalty miss game. Future Dumbarton hero Dom Thomas scoring the only goal with future Scot Lyndon Dykes also on the teamsheet.

Screenshot_20240921_201208_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 minutes ago, microdave said:

Our last league match was the infamous Kevin Nisbet (what happened to him?) penalty miss game. Future Dumbarton hero Dom Thomas scoring the only goal with future Scot Lyndon Dykes also on the teamsheet.

Dykes, Lyle and Dobbie at the sharp end and Todorov on the bench ... would bite your hand off for any one of those up front now.

Wee Joe Thomson was a tidy midfielder, think his career maybe got cut short early by injury? Shame if so.

Andy Dowie always was solid with Queens and Russell was a handful on his day.

3 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Dykes, Lyle and Dobbie at the sharp end and Todorov on the bench ... would bite your hand off for any one of those up front now.

Wee Joe Thomson was a tidy midfielder, think his career maybe got cut short early by injury? Shame if so.

Joe Thomson at Larne and will be playing Europa Conference League football. Quite liked Joe Thomson as well, one of the few midfielders we’ve had in recent times that could score a few goals. 

2 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Joe Thomson at Larne and will be playing Europa Conference League football. Quite liked Joe Thomson as well, one of the few midfielders we’ve had in recent times that could score a few goals. 

Aye, was made at Dumbarton! Cracking player who looked solid.

So did Jamie Lindsay in his time with us. Think he's having a reasonable enough career in England.

Joe Thomson was an excellent player. I'm pleased he's still playing at a good level and over his injury problems. Sure he had a hellish few years. I absolutely loved Jamie Lindsay too, think he's at Bristol Rovers now after a long spell at Rotherham. He's a guy who has been on my 'to interview' list for a wee while too. I think we all knew from his debut he was going to go on to big things.

Mad looking at those teamlines that two of those players would go on to play for Scotland. And one of them wasn't Dom Thomas. What a player. What a boy :wub:

Anyway. I hope we do a Montrose here. Get an early goal, defend our box like conceding a goal will result in a much loved pet being killed and get up the road with three points. It's been a very long time since we won a league game and I miss the feeling.

22 minutes ago, microdave said:

Kyle who?

We've never had a Kyle Wright play for us. That should be Kyle Cameron on the bench for us (assuming the name missing at the bottom is Curtis Lyle who was the sub keeper anyway)

Kyle Cameron, on loan from Newcastle United at the time and a Scotland u21 international, was very much hit and miss with us. At times looked very good and at times looked like he'd never played football before. Certainly didn't expect him to go and become captain of Notts County when they barnstormed into the English Football League and then earn a move to St Johnstone.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Kyle who?

We've never had a Kyle Wright play for us. That should be Kyle Cameron on the bench for us (assuming the name missing at the bottom is Curtis Lyle who was the sub keeper anyway)

Kyle Cameron, on loan from Newcastle United at the time and a Scotland u21 international, was very much hit and miss with us. At times looked very good and at times looked like he'd never played football before. Certainly didn't expect him to go and become captain of Notts County when they barnstormed into the English Football League and then earn a move to St Johnstone.

Duly amended. Cheers SD.

Thanks for the updates on Joe Thomson, good to hear he's got past his injury problems. Didn't play that often for Queens but I thought there was a fine player in the making.

16 hours ago, microdave said:

I doubt I ever saw a Sons player graft harder with virtually nothing to show for it than Mark Stewart.

16 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

I thought Dowie was gubbins for us. I didn’t like him as a player or as a captain, which was summed up by him bailing on us halfway through our first season back in League 1. Quite miraculously he actually won our player of the year award in the relegation season. 

The return of the already retired Iain Russell was absolute desperation from Stevie Aitken. By that point he was completely finished and hadn’t kicked a ball for about 8 months. 

20 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I thought Dowie was gubbins for us. I didn’t like him as a player or as a captain, which was summed up by him bailing on us halfway through our first season back in League 1. Quite miraculously he actually won our player of the year award in the relegation season. 

The return of the already retired Iain Russell was absolute desperation from Stevie Aitken. By that point he was completely finished and hadn’t kicked a ball for about 8 months. 

I thought we got rid of him/he left at the right time. Overall I thought he was a very good player for us but he was looking done by the time he left. 

26 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought we got rid of him/he left at the right time. Overall I thought he was a very good player for us but he was looking done by the time he left. 

Fun Fact : Andy Dowie's' wife once complained about me :2cool

Edited by Homer Thompson