Qo'S vs' D'umbarton

Outcome   

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 28/09/24 at 14:00

51 minutes ago, Swarley said:

D'umbarton? You've gone too far. 

Never!

The name invokes a certain air, an aura if you like, of a town thats quite literally on the map.

Sure, it may not have the superstar showbiz fans of Stenhousemuir or the nepotism of Cove. And, yes, it is forced to look across the water, daily, at its higher class neighbours in Greenock but theres a certain je ne sais quoi about the place.

Perfectly captured by the new name

45 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm hearing Andy Dowie's wife has put a complaint in about it. 

She did. Divs just gone right through me

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I thought Dowie was gubbins for us. I didn’t like him as a player or as a captain, which was summed up by him bailing on us halfway through our first season back in League 1. Quite miraculously he actually won our player of the year award in the relegation season. 

Andy Dowie was, after a ropy first 2 or 3 months, an outstanding centre back for us. Certainly in our best half dozen of them this century. But he was done when he left us. You were a club too far. 

58 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Fun Fact : Andy Dowie's' wife once complained about me :2cool

Rightly so. Not enough people complain about you.

4 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

Never!

The name invokes a certain air, an aura if you like, of a town thats quite literally on the map.

Sure, it may not have the superstar showbiz fans of Stenhousemuir or the nepotism of Cove. And, yes, it is forced to look across the water, daily, at its higher class neighbours in Greenock but theres a certain je ne sais quoi about the place.

Perfectly captured by the new name

She did. Divs just gone right through me

The view across to the Green Oak is great; all those blue lights flashing, it's like Xmas every day.

Last time I was at Palmerston was Tony Wallace's professional debut. He played at right back and we lost 5 nil in a league cup game. Also a steward told me off for "sitting too close to the red and white tape" that had been looped round some seats.

2 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Also a steward told me off for "sitting too close to the red and white tape" that had been looped round some seats.

😂

Ye huv tae dae as yer telt doon here!