Qo'S vs' D'umbarton

Outcome   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/09/24 at 14:00

2 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Dominating games or not... this is going to be a long, hard season.

In terms of the results I agree but we are not being outplayed or outmuscled.Its results though that count and if we continue like this we might well risk being cut adrift.

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

In terms of the results I agree but we are not being outplayed or outmuscled.Its results though that count and if we continue like this we might well risk being cut adrift.

That's exactly the thing. I agree that it could be worse if we were looking nowhere near it but there's a good chance we will be bottom by the end of the day and if you are adrift at the bottom before you start turning dominance into victories, you will be up against it.

We need to start putting teams to the sword ASAP.

2 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Playing well is debateable IMO. Creating half chances we can’t convert and giving away daft goals on a weekly basis is a recipe for disaster and completely outweighs anything else we are doing. Our gung ho approach isn’t working and guys like Durnan are being badly exposed. What started off as an OK start to the season is slowly turnin into a totally pish, lengthy winless run. 

Time for Farrell to change his approach.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Regardless of whether he was miles offside or not, we can't really be playing an offside trap with a pensioner running the line. Which we've been trying to do all half. Daft from Durnan.

I wonder if we might conceivably be better without him.Thats a bit out there but his lack of pace is all too evident.

9 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Probably, was it not his error/lack of pace that led to Brett Long having to being (wrongly) red carded?

Yes it was.Mabe MILLER/BROWN will be the pairing next wek.

22 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Playing well is debateable IMO. Creating half chances we can’t convert and giving away daft goals on a weekly basis is a recipe for disaster and completely outweighs anything else we are doing. Our gung ho approach isn’t working and guys like Durnan are being badly exposed. What started off as an OK start to the season is slowly turnin into a totally pish, lengthy winless run. 

Time for Farrell to change his approach.

What would you suggest....2 strikers start?

13 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Mumbongo fires wide should be the new name for this thread.Really hoped Joel would become a cult hero for us.

At least he could probably score from the penalty spot tbf ...

6 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Yes it was.Mabe MILLER/BROWN will be the pairing next wek.

What would you suggest....2 strikers start?

I’d suggest Farrell concerns himself with the fact we are giving away cheap goals on a weekly basis rather than telling us how well we’re playing and dreaming up some deluded league position he thinks we should be in.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d suggest Farrell concerns himself with the fact we are giving away cheap goals on a weekly basis rather than telling us how well we’re playing and dreaming up some deluded league position he thinks we should be in.

Have to agree seem to drop a goal on the first ten to 20 mins always start poorly these are patterns that are consistent and nothing has been done to curb it 

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

I can sense frustration but heard no abuse 🤷🏻‍♂️

To give you an idea of the stupidity in my vicinity: a guy leaving said goodbye to someone sitting in front of me on the way out (about 86 minutes). The guy leaving said to the guy in front of me, with absolutely no hint of sarcasm and a face tripping him - "I've seen enough". 

40 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Regardless of whether he was miles offside or not, we can't really be playing an offside trap with a pensioner running the line. Which we've been trying to do all half. Daft from Durnan.

Thought he was clearly onside tbh. Would need to see it back to be sure but at the time I thought it was the correct call. To balance it up, I thought the penalty decision wasn't. But the ref probably had a better angle. 

35 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Next week is a must win.

28 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Absolutely.

No it isnt. 

23 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Mumbongo fires wide should be the new name for this thread.Really hoped Joel would become a cult hero for us.

He's utter shite. He grabbed a handful of goals for us last season (something McIntosh doesn't look like doing mind you) and that gave the illusion he was ok. He was just slightly less shite than other folk.