Treble Chasing Motherwell vs St Mirren - 28/09/24

Switched on at 90 minutes.  

First piece of action was Kiltie being clearly tripped.  Foul to Motherwell.  

I mean, it was as clear a trip as you can possibly imagine.  

So glad for my blood pressure that I didn’t watch the whole match.  

Can only go based on what's on here on Twitter but no surprise to see folk slating the ref. As soon as I saw during the week it was Lloyd Wilson I knew it was going to be trouble/fun/chaos. Pretty much every club in Dumfries and Galloway had moans about him when he was coming through the ranks - seems to be the new Collum, just as we'd got rid of the old one.

St Mirren's thuggish reputation precedes them clearly.

Excited to see what Stama can do when he's up to speed, looks like a pain to play against.

Watt's timewasting was great as well.

Also add another 0 onto Miller's price tag.

Miller could have had 4, and that save from stama near the end was excellent.

Before the game, motherwell math suggested Moses would score 10 and st mirren would manage the same using the "ex players always score against us rule".  So the final score was a surprise. We did the Robinson thing of just letting the other team piss around with the ball and worry about it once it gets to the box, and it worked relatively well.

Ox is benefitting from not being Liam f**king Kelly, but he stood lut  in his own right today with that excellent save late in the first half, the penalty save, and the whole coming out and catching the ball thing.

I assume balmer came on too early and that's why he was booked, which is a dumb thing to do. Those throws are hilarious though.

The ref was a total joke.

54 minutes ago, David Merdy's Boots said:

Were you not at the game a couple of weeks ago?

Get over it, though I did enjoy the irony of your mini **** losing a goal in the 99th minute to a penalty from a team in Orange.

I look forward to reading your managers tear stained nonsense for another week 😎

29 minutes ago, Molotov said:

So disappointing today.

Opposition down to 10 men and you really must score the resulting penalty kick to get back on level terms.

Poor stuff.

Needed Sutton and Mehmet today.

Needed someone who can actually not miss a penalty. MOH has now missed at least 3. Get him off them

Couldn't make the game today due to family commitments but it's great topick up 3 points and even better is the St Mirren tears.

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Probably, what, 20 mins to go...the stats indicate we've been much the better side:

Screenshot2024-09-2816_32_13.png.aac3fb8a49e763169e5beee3609dd839.png

"Much better side" trophy will look good in Paisley

Edited by Busta Nut

Thought TW was lucky to avoid a red also, makes no difference to the result but deliberate handball trying to get a foul and then his heads gone tackle near the end. 

Hopefully this ref gets sent back down as he really isn't good enough. 

Well deserved win though. 👏🏻

I was saying to my pal at half time that it’s great to be ahead when we haven’t played well. I don’t think the move the 2 up front worked for us at all in that first half. We were also so bad at losing our man at the back post at corners and free kicks and that theme continued for most of the game. The Ox made a great save just before half time.

Then we concede a penalty and the red card. I was in the Cooper so don’t have any opinion on it as it was so far away. I think bringing on Watt and Stama was the right call as it gave us more of an outball. Alternatively I thought KVV and Scott stopped St Mirren’s momentum a bit. Wilson was also a great outball at times too.

We actually defended really well with ten men and probably deserved to win because of that. Miller could easily of had a hattrick today too.

Last season we’d have needed a 93rd minute equaliser to get anything out of that game. 

2 hours ago, Torfason said:

That's the spirit Bud, guy comes in to replace a half wit who gets arrested and gets nae support 😛

Fair enough if Elvis had a decent game bud, it’s just an honest opinion. Quite happy for the lad to grasp his chance and prove me and a few others wrong.

Quite enjoyable.

Had a great view of Miller's control for the second. Wasn't near his arm.

St Mirren players aren't very smart. Getting involved with Scottish Football's good guy Stephen O'Donnell was always going to be a second yellow.

I love the Ox. Couple of terrific saves today. Dealt with every ball st mirren lumped into the box. easy motm.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost