Raith Rovers v falkirk

15 minutes ago, Rocco said:

This is by no means sour grapes as I’ve made my feelings clear on the game already but that ref really was dreadful for playing on and not going back to book players. Hamilton should have been in the book at least twice for fouls he committed where the ref played on. Also don’t get me started on the tackle the boy did on Adams. 

Or not giving a second yellow to Spencer.

4 hours ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

John McGlynn’s post match. Painful.

You'll be beat of Morton next week and on that thread greeting about it.

Hope Neill Collins polished PR pish soothes your seethe when it comes.

Seem to recall plenty of opposition fans pointing out that league 1 was our level for the 5 seasons we were there (they weren't wrong).

Seems a bit odd to suggest that the unbeaten run was somehow expected because we were playing well below our level.

Can't have it both ways

9 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Or not giving a second yellow to Spencer.

I would suggest your team got away with a lot more so would have been extremely harsh to send off Spencer. 

I’m not for one minute suggesting he wasn’t honking for you guys but he seems to suffer from short term memory loss

2 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Seem to recall plenty of opposition fans pointing out that league 1 was our level for the 5 seasons we were there (they weren't wrong).

Seems a bit odd to suggest that the unbeaten run was somehow expected because we were playing well below our level.

Can't have it both ways

The mental gymnastics involved is quite something. As is trying to compare it to Rangers doing it. Can imagine how it would go down if Kilmarnock done a treble and we came in like Mr Logic out the Viz pointing out that Celtic have also done that recently....

But then this is the internet, where some people go to have a personality. 

13 hours ago, Wardy said:

Mckenna is done at this level. A weird signing for Falkirk there. Appreciate he will be mostly on the bench this season when Mcgiver is back though. Players like Sean Mackie and Ethan Ross though. Terrible.

Both had poor games yesterday but have been excellent the rest of the season. Always strange when fans judge ex-players solely on the time at their own club and forget that they can improve with age, playing in a different system etc.

Conolly was an empty shirt most of the times he played for us but I'm willing to accept that he's a decent player and we just couldn't get the best out of him.

Edited by lanky_ffc

Only prizes Raith might be given at seasons end will be for worst pitch... even then they've got competition and it's not guaranteed!

If you ever flirt with promotion again at least it'll get replaced.

Edited by Blame Me

4 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Only prizes Raith might be given at seasons end will be for worst pitch... even then they've got competition and it's not guaranteed!

If you ever flirt with promotion again at least it'll get replaced.

You’re really taking yesterday well, eh?

34 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Both had poor games yesterday but have been excellent the rest of the season. Always strange when fans judge ex-players solely on the time at their own club and forget that they can improve with age, playing in a different system etc.

Conolly was an empty shirt most of the times he played for us but I'm willing to accept that he's a decent player and we just couldn't get the best out of him.

An empty shirt who spent his time on the physio table. 

2 minutes ago, BPM said:

An empty shirt who spent his time on the physio table. 

I was sad to lose Connolly in the end. He did spend a lot of time totally anonymous but he definitely came onto a game towards the end. 

9 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Not too sure what to make of that game really, as very little seemed to happen in it. 

I thought Rovers stood off Falkirk a bit too much in the first half, and while we were never really threatened, in terms of possession, it felt like we were dropping deep to defend against a team higher up the food chain. 

In fairness though, there was a moment quite close to the start of the second period where we really pressed quickly, and Falkirk done really well to break it and we looked in trouble before it broke down, so I suppose that explained why we did sit deep. 

Dylan Easton was excellent again for us, and his last two performances have been as good as we've seen from him since that win in Tannadice. Class. 

I don't think either 'keeper had a save to make until Dabrowski became involved in the stramash at the end., which probably says a lot about the game in general. 

If I was a Falkirk fan I'd be worried about John McGlynn suggesting Ross MacIver may be out for a couple of months.

He very much seems to be a manager that has bad luck with injuries. 

When is your pitch due to be replaced? I assume you are in the same dilemma as Falkirk if you ever get promoted. I guess we are in a better position as our pitch is new where as Raith’s looks like ours did at the end. 

3 minutes ago, BPM said:

When is your pitch due to be replaced? I assume you are in the same dilemma as Falkirk if you ever get promoted. I guess we are in a better position as our pitch is new where as Raith’s looks like ours did at the end. 

I don’t know but I think we’ll get maybe one more season out of it after this one. Unless anything changes we’ll have to replace it with grass. Andy Barrowman discussed it on one of his Raith TV interviews and how this will unfortunately be a large expense and will push back other priorities when it comes to the general redevelopment of Stark’s Park.

47 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

You’re really taking yesterday well, eh?

Quite sanguine about it tbh. 

Just can't be bothered reading the Raith pre-conceived, historical view about McGlynn et al whilst you ignore the reality that you fell short last year and think your nearly ready to go up that you haven't gotten any closer on or off the park since.

A good result for us against an excellent Falkirk side. Whatever your thoughts are on their unbeaten run it was an amazing achievement and kudos to the players and staff for it. A tight game yesterday with very little goalmouth action but a wins a win. Falkirk will be top 4 imo. 

Also, both sets of fans can laugh at the Pars 😂

Edited by jasperellon

12 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

An interesting observation but not what I saw and I was sat in line with our left hand side

Pollock picked up an injury/knock in the 1st half 

As did I. They were constantly lobbing Stevenson. I called the Pollock injury on the RaithTV chat, so I saw both times he pulled up in the first half.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

I don’t know but I think we’ll get maybe one more season out of it after this one. Unless anything changes we’ll have to replace it with grass. Andy Barrowman discussed it on one of his Raith TV interviews and how this will unfortunately be a large expense and will push back other priorities when it comes to the general redevelopment of Stark’s Park.

Lot of players from both sides seemed to struggle to stay on their feet and judge the weight of the  pass didn't effect the result but it's not very conducive for good football unfortunately. Where do you guys train about as people forget it's the cost of having to use external facilities to train when you have a grass pitch not just replacing the artificial one that adds up.

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Definitely don’t agree. We don’t need to have the same opinion.

ETA - didn’t Sevco go through league one unbeaten? If so can you direct me to any posts you made talking about their magnificent achievement when they did it? 

Jesus wept sevco had the second biggest budget in Scottish football when they were in league one we didn't even have the biggest budget in league one.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Why are people engaging with the previously banned, fourth rate wannabe WUM? Please ignore him.

Also: on the McGlynn interview, I sense no saltiness there? He said it was a correct penalty decision, and that basically we lost because our decision making and finishing were poor. No attempt to shift the blame elsewhere (pitch/opposition/referee/whatever). Maybe there was another interview I've not seen. Or maybe such analysis was written before even watching his interview.