Raith Rovers v falkirk

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Why are people engaging with the previously banned, fourth rate wannabe WUM? Please ignore him.

Also: on the McGlynn interview, I sense no saltiness there? He said it was a correct penalty decision, and that basically we lost because our decision making and finishing were poor. No attempt to shift the blame elsewhere (pitch/opposition/referee/whatever). Maybe there was another interview I've not seen. Or maybe such analysis was written before even watching his interview.

This isn't the first time we've seen a shrill reaction to a McGlynn interview that didn't really bear any resemblance to the words coming out his mouth. I suspect your last sentence is the long and short of it. 

Let’s be honest, if you told me we’d be sitting after 6 games with 5 wins and 1 loss then I’d have bit your hand off for it. I expect we’ll see plenty games like yesterday over the next 30 games. 1-0 and 0-0s with fine margins being the difference. 

Yesterday showed however that a few injuries and you can struggle which is probably what’s happened with Rovers start to the season. I thought young Graham looked a very good centre half at this level. We desperately need cover for Big Ross, if we’re to go the next 8 weeks with McKenna/Oliver or Shanley up front, we’ll slip down the table imho. We’ve got good cover everywhere else. A number 9 is needed. 

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This isn't the first time we've seen a shrill reaction to a McGlynn interview that didn't really bear any resemblance to the words coming out his mouth. I suspect your last sentence is the long and short of it. 

Have no issue with the interview or take any offence at it, can hardly expect him to be happy to have lost and seeing him again was awkward after how he left but I wasn’t giving him a round of applause or anything , typical Mcglynn interview after a defeat but jeezo those pauses

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

I would suggest your team got away with a lot more so would have been extremely harsh to send off Spencer. 

I’m not for one minute suggesting he wasn’t honking for you guys but he seems to suffer from short term memory loss

He was the ref who didn’t send off Shaun Rooney for kicking the Killie player twice, that’s what your up against 

41 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Lot of players from both sides seemed to struggle to stay on their feet and judge the weight of the  pass didn't effect the result but it's not very conducive for good football unfortunately. Where do you guys train about as people forget it's the cost of having to use external facilities to train when you have a grass pitch not just replacing the artificial one that adds up.

We train at starks and gym 64

Both teams missing key players, the visiting team riding high on confidence, home side at the opposite side of the spectrum. I'd have accepted a draw before 3pm but I had a wee feeling we could win, holding a lead for so long in a very even game where (other than the penalty) there were no shots on target, then I'd have been disappointed not to hold on for the win.....wouldn'y be surprised mind you but certainly disappointed.

Falkirk fans bemoaning their injury problems but in reality pretty similar to us, Stanton, Brown and Vaughan are a huge miss middle to front and creatively. We also need a centre forward, Hamilton is an asset but we also need another similar player to bring on.

Hopefully we bring a couple in, can kick on and start threatening the top 4 places.

Raith had players missing but I think we probably were missing as many if not more. Our best starting 11 would have Nesbitt, Miller, Morrison and MacIver. You could also argue McCann should start over Mackie and although Graham looked very good we were also missing Donaldson who is a huge driving force. Add at least 4 of those six and we are a much stronger unit. 

7 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Both teams missing key players, the visiting team riding high on confidence, home side at the opposite side of the spectrum. I'd have accepted a draw before 3pm but I had a wee feeling we could win, holding a lead for so long in a very even game where (other than the penalty) there were no shots on target, then I'd have been disappointed not to hold on for the win.....wouldn'y be surprised mind you but certainly disappointed.

Falkirk fans bemoaning their injury problems but in reality pretty similar to us, Stanton, Brown and Vaughan are a huge miss middle to front and creatively. We also need a centre forward, Hamilton is an asset but we also need another similar player to bring on.

Hopefully we bring a couple in, can kick on and start threatening the top 4 places.

We had 6 starters missing. 

4 hours ago, Rocco said:

This is by no means sour grapes as I’ve made my feelings clear on the game already but that ref really was dreadful for playing on and not going back to book players. Hamilton should have been in the book at least twice for fouls he committed where the ref played on. Also don’t get me started on the tackle the boy did on Adams. 

I've just watched the highlights on Raith TV. Unless they are biased in thier highlights package, which I can assure you they aren't. Falkirk has ZERO shots on target. Dabrowski didn't have a shot to save. Just putting it out there 👍

Edited by foreverarover

8 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I've just watched the highlights on Raith TV. Unless they are biased in thier highlights package, which I can assure you they aren't. Falkirk has ZERO shots on target. Dabrowski didn't have a shot to save. Just putting it out there 👍

Did he not save a shot in the scramble right at the death.