Heart of Midlothian's Next Permanent Manager 24/25 Edition

Who will be Heart's next permanent manager?  

276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I thought Jimmy Thelin was an ambitious, risky appointment. Clearly a manager on the upswing in football and a huge gamble for Aberdeen that's paying off so far.

This guy screams on his way down, but if Hearts fans are happy with it then certainly fair play. I know I'd certainly be positive about him when the alternative is the usual merry go round and he's at least not that but that to me, appears to be the main selling point behind him IMO.

Other than his age I don't know how he looks on his way down. He done an impressive job at Hacken and left for a crack at a big team in a completely different culture which never panned out. It also wasn't exactly an unmitigated disaster, but in a long managerial career he's done consistently well and hasn't stood still. He is also wanted by clubs in Sweden which suggests he doesn't seem finished.

It might not work out, but he doesn't appear to be a dinosaur in any shape or form. I'll give him a chance and see how he gets on, I just don't think he's either a) got a "meh" CV or b) being appointed because he's foreign.

11 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Deal off, apparently. Yogi back in play.

What an absolute shit show. So we make it obvious we are down to 2, then announce we are after PMH publicly, only for it to fall through and the 2nd choice know they weren't who we really want.  

Bravo Hearts.

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

What an absolute shit show. So we make it obvious we are down to 2, then announce we are after PMH publicly, only for it to fall through and the 2nd choice know they weren't who we really want.  

Bravo Hearts.

Most appointments will ebb and flow in terms of first choice, second choice, people becoming more or less keen/available etc. I don't think it's one of these things the people involved will really care about too much.

But doing it in public is very amateurish and just attracts unnecessary stick.

9 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Most appointments will ebb and flow in terms of first choice, second choice, people becoming more or less keen/available etc. I don't think it's one of these things the people involved will really care about too much.

But doing it in public is very amateurish and just attracts unnecessary stick.

It's the public part I'm on about. The perception of it is awful, the fans will immediately be on the defensive knowing any appointment isn't who they wanted, just keep quiet til it's done. 

Suddenly we have "multiple" targets after letting it known we were down to 2. 

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Thought this was all being sorted out by some cutting edge software program??

Worth mentioning that this guy could be Hearts Scott Brown/David Healy.

Those two hawked their names around the press, claiming they were first choice and had been offered a deal at Raith/us, to get better wages on their current deals. This guy couldve put his name to the Hearts job to get his name in the UK media as a manager who's free and willing to work here.

Edited by RandomGuy.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning that this guy could be Hearts Scott Brown/David Healy.

Those two hawked their names around the press, claiming they were first choice and had been offered a deal at Raith/us, to get better wages on their current deals. This guy couldve put his name to the Hearts job to get his name in the UK media as a manager who's free and willing to work here.

I do believe there's an element of this. Watch out for him returning to Hacken soon.