Heart of Midlothian's Next Permanent Manager 24/25 Edition

Who will be Heart's next permanent manager?  

276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A lot of our fans have worked themselves into a frenzy expecting that we'd be picking up some top class manager - some of the names fans have bandied about have been ludicrous.

The board need to make sure they get the decision right,  that's all it could down to.   Who that is,  pass.  None of the names  we can afford are likely to be massively exciting but there are plenty good managers out there.   

I'm no going to lose my mind cause a guy I'd barely heard of 24 hours ago has turned down the job

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning that this guy could be Hearts Scott Brown/David Healy.

Those two hawked their names around the press, claiming they were first choice and had been offered a deal at Raith/us, to get better wages on their current deals. This guy couldve put his name to the Hearts job to get his name in the UK media as a manager who's free and willing to work here.

Has to be tough for Ayr knowing that their manager would phone every top flight club barring probably Rangers or Hearts desperately trying to get away from Somerset Park. Who could blame him though.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Gary Jardine's a Hearts fans and he's used to working with a limited budget....

OK maybe Strollers to Hearts is too big a leap but there was a manager in the 30s moved from Cowdenbeath to Manchester United! 

Cowdenbeath were in the top flight in those days.

1 minute ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Why is everyone livid?

As said before, the expectation was we were going to get someone exciting who played attacking football.  No entirely sure why that was the expectation given our track record appointing managers, but it was.

Appointing a dull bloke from Crewe who's just been sacked by a team supported by idiots who work on the dodgers hasn't for some reason floated boats. 

The board have united the fans at least, but not in the way they were expecting.

I didn't want an English manager full stop, they quite often underestimate the league and don't adapt.

So getting a guy sacked from Blackpool who the fans hated for being stubborn and inflexible while playing 352, really isn't doing it for me after Naismith and Neilson.

Hopefully he proves me wrong, but he seems to be that universally unpopular with the support that if he doesn't get off to a flyer he will immediately be up against it.

Everything about this screams a weak appointment. The majority of the fanbase are against this guy already, which puts him on a hiding to nothing and he doesn't exactly scream the kind of character to handle it.

f**k.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

On 19 November 2021, Critchley signed a four-year extension to his contract, keeping him at Bloomfield Road until 2026. The following week, Critchley was named Manager of the Season at the annual North West Football Awards, beating Manchester City's Pep Guardiola, Blackpool's former captain and now Bolton Wanderers manager Ian Evatt...

Well that looks impressive.

...and Morecambe manager Derek Adams.

Ah.