Heart of Midlothian's Next Permanent Manager 24/25 Edition

Who will be Heart's next permanent manager?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Googles AI said this pish;

As of September 2024, Steven Naismith has already been replaced as manager of Hearts. The club has appointed Alex Neil as their new manager.

However, if you're interested in discussing potential candidates for a future managerial position, I could provide you with some names based on their experience, success, and fit with Hearts' style of play. Would you like to explore that?

I said Yes and it followed up with :

Potential Candidates to Replace Steven Naismith at Hearts
Note: While Alex Neil has already been appointed as Hearts' manager, here are some potential candidates who could have been considered:

Experienced Scottish Managers:
Robbie Neilson: A former Hearts player and manager, Neilson has a strong connection to the club and a track record of success in Scottish football.
Stephen Robinson: With experience managing in both Scotland and Northern Ireland, Robinson could bring a fresh perspective to Hearts.
Rising Stars in Scottish Football:
Kevin Nicol: As a former Hearts player and a successful manager at lower levels, Nicol could be a promising candidate for the role.
Neil McCann: With a strong playing career and managerial experience, McCann could be a potential option for Hearts.
International Managers with Scottish Connections:
Gus Poyet: A former Celtic player, Poyet has managed in England, Greece, and Sunderland. His experience could be valuable for Hearts.
Factors to Consider:
When selecting a new manager, Hearts would likely consider factors such as:

Tactical fit: The manager's playing style should align with the club's philosophy and the strengths of the squad.
Experience: A proven track record of success in Scottish football or a similar league can be a major advantage.
Player relationships: The manager's ability to connect with players and build a strong team dynamic is crucial.
Club culture: The manager should be a good fit for Hearts' culture and values.
Ultimately, the decision of who to appoint as manager is a complex one that involves weighing various factors and making a judgment call.
Would you like to discuss any of these candidates further, or perhaps explore other potential options?

Love it !!

Welcome Alex.

Who's Kevin Nicol?

56 minutes ago, Darren said:

It's difficult to judge the Bloom deal without knowing what's involved – and none of us do at this point – but I'm certainly comfortable with outsourcing the recruitment of a new manager because the board are clueless in that area.

What you need is a Football Monitoring Board.

2 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Welcome Alex.

Who's Kevin Nicol?

Nae idea mate, I first read it as "Hector Nicol" and thought that was ever wilder than the Alex Neil announcement !

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, that could well be the case, he's been down south for many years as a player and a coach. That said, travel/relocation is very much part and parcel of the top level game now and I doubt it would be a major hurdle to cross ... he (Clarke) was OK with his stint at Rugby Park.

He took a lot of criticism over the Euros debacle and might think he's done his bit there ... still, Tynecastle might be a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire in that regard though. When things don't go well, Tynie can be a real bear pit for a struggling manager. Great gig, but a tough gig.

He was out of work and Killie were his boyhood club, that's a bit different to ditching Scotland ahead of a World Cup qualifying campaign to go and manage Hearts.

14 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Googles AI said this pish;

As of September 2024, Steven Naismith has already been replaced as manager of Hearts. The club has appointed Alex Neil as their new manager.

However, if you're interested in discussing potential candidates for a future managerial position, I could provide you with some names based on their experience, success, and fit with Hearts' style of play. Would you like to explore that?

I said Yes and it followed up with :

Potential Candidates to Replace Steven Naismith at Hearts
Note: While Alex Neil has already been appointed as Hearts' manager, here are some potential candidates who could have been considered:

Experienced Scottish Managers:
Robbie Neilson: A former Hearts player and manager, Neilson has a strong connection to the club and a track record of success in Scottish football.
Stephen Robinson: With experience managing in both Scotland and Northern Ireland, Robinson could bring a fresh perspective to Hearts.
Rising Stars in Scottish Football:
Kevin Nicol: As a former Hearts player and a successful manager at lower levels, Nicol could be a promising candidate for the role.
Neil McCann: With a strong playing career and managerial experience, McCann could be a potential option for Hearts.
International Managers with Scottish Connections:
Gus Poyet: A former Celtic player, Poyet has managed in England, Greece, and Sunderland. His experience could be valuable for Hearts.
Factors to Consider:
When selecting a new manager, Hearts would likely consider factors such as:

Tactical fit: The manager's playing style should align with the club's philosophy and the strengths of the squad.
Experience: A proven track record of success in Scottish football or a similar league can be a major advantage.
Player relationships: The manager's ability to connect with players and build a strong team dynamic is crucial.
Club culture: The manager should be a good fit for Hearts' culture and values.
Ultimately, the decision of who to appoint as manager is a complex one that involves weighing various factors and making a judgment call.
Would you like to discuss any of these candidates further, or perhaps explore other potential options?

Love it !!

Didn't realise Sunderland had gained independence.

Step forward Tony Bloom and your algorithm software, genuinely quite excited about our next manager whoever he may be using his database, it'll be someone we've all never heard of though and we'll all moan like little bitches asking what he's ever achieved, the answer is nothing yet, or he wouldn't be coming to Hearts! 

46 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Brexit was only the first stage for the mackems.  Next stop a Whites only Ethno State located in the footprint of Roker Park 

I live about five mins from there and believe me, they're not far off already.

7 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm completely against Bloom becoming involved, but I think you're over-egging the pudding a bit here.

Aberdeen recently outsourced an entire review of their club, and clubs down south outsource managerial appointments all the time. The business I work for does it all the time too. Not really any different to that.

Thelin was not recommended by our consultants.