Pars vs QP - Sat 28th September

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

When I was younger the club supposedly announced lower crowds than we actually had for “tax reasons”

Sounds strange that the inland revenue used announced crowds numbers for tax purposes. Surely they would have used the audited accounts ?

6 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Sounds strange that the inland revenue used announced crowds numbers for tax purposes. Surely they would have used the audited accounts ?

I think the whole point is that they were under declaring the crowds. So a significant portion of cash tickets being sold weren’t being included in crowd figures or the accounts. Nobody’s even trying to suggest that we’re taxed based on the crowd announced at the game. I think the claim is that we were announcing say 5,500 when there were 6k there, then only deposited the cash based on those 5,500, so the figures in the accounts tied up.

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I think the whole point is that they were under declaring the crowds. So a significant portion of cash tickets being sold weren’t being included in crowd figures or the accounts. Nobody’s even trying to suggest that we’re taxed based on the crowd announced at the game. I think the claim is that we were announcing say 5,500 when there were 6k there, then only deposited the cash based on those 5,500, so the figures in the accounts tied up.

Cheers, misunderstood earlier post 😳. ........ clearly it just didn't cross my mind that DAFC could stoop so low..... 😜

2 minutes ago, Heaton said:

We count ST seats as occupied even if not, then add the pay at the gate number. I suppose financially it's correct but being sat there it's obvious it's utter bollocks 😂

Aye.  I’ve yet to see a “sold out north west” without lots of red seats visible from the main stand.  

doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things, the more folk buying season tickets and “occupying” seats the better

1 minute ago, Dislocated Boy said:

Certainly closed for the Kelty Hearts game, but that's probably to be expected. Would be really disappointed if they were to go back to shutting it permanently.

When was it previously permanently shut? I can remember it being close for one or two games but not being closed for longer periods.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

When was it previously permanently shut? I can remember it being close for one or two games but not being closed for longer periods.

Pretty sure we closed it ‘permanently’ last time we were in the top flight, or around that time, due to costs.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Pretty sure we closed it ‘permanently’ last time we were in the top flight, or around that time, due to costs.

So long ago. Thankfully I missed every home game that season.

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

It was just after that, my memory is getting worse but I think it was under Jim McIntrye, but remember being asked to move season tickets and sitting in the Main Stand due to it.

Edited by Dislocated Boy

50 minutes ago, Dislocated Boy said:

It was just after that, my memory is getting worse but I think it was under Jim McIntrye, but remember being asked to move season tickets and sitting in the Main Stand due to it.

McIntyre was sacked mid-season last time we were in the top flight, so if it was in his era it can’t have been after that?

1 hour ago, CathcartSkins said:

From the preview interview with CD, we could be without Dom for a second week, however may have Jack Thomson back.

If true, then we are in a stronger position than last week.

Good news for us on DT. If fit is Thomson still filling in at CB. From what I've seen he's wasted there. Similar to us when Hamilton and Otoo get shunted around to cover for injuries. 

18 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Good news for us on DT. If fit is Thomson still filling in at CB. From what I've seen he's wasted there. Similar to us when Hamilton and Otoo get shunted around to cover for injuries. 

I’ve learned not to read too much into Davidsons pre match interviews when it comes to injuries nor to assume that if someone is in the training photos (or not) then they will/won’t be in the squad. FWIW I expect Dom to back, but not Jack Thompson.

Jack Thompson has been injured for a while and we have more options at centre half now so expect him to be back in midfield going forward which is good.