Ayr v Morton 28/09

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

The sport of football is made up almost entirely of made up injustices.

No justice, no peace.  Defund referees.

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Kicks it one time with his heel.  I wish he kicked it twice because it would be very funny. 

I'm kinda embarrassed for them to not just be able to accept the truth.  

You’ve got to feel for Colin Steven, who actually had a relatively decent game and is still getting slaughtered on social media - for making a completely correct decision.

Very poor from Morton, especially as Imrie would absolutely have had the footage to slow it down and clear things up himself. 

5 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

People have been trying on here for years to clamp Morton fans...

Kudos @itzdrk, more than 3 hours since the post and not a peep

Sheer brilliance

shh-jose-mourinho.gif

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

You know that way when we beat Partick they bawl their eyes out over made up injustices and create bizarre stonewall penalties that nobody can remember.  Morton seem to have created a second touch that simply doesn't exist 

Wasn't sure at the time but going by Mullens reaction I assumed there was a reason to complain as he is normally very laid back. The video from that angle shows he slips and miskicks the ball which is a b*****d as he could have skied it over the bar ala David Beckham🤣

Can't disagree with the referee being poor yesterday and we seemed to get the majority of 50/50 decisions go against us BUT we were absolutely toothless upfront and Baird needs shot for diving in and giving away the penalty. Ayr were there for the taking yesterday and we didn't show up.

Noticed Dempsey and Rus giving some to the Morton fans as we left. Wasn't really sure why?

8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

You know that way when we beat Partick they bawl their eyes out over made up injustices and create bizarre stonewall penalties that nobody can remember.  Morton seem to have created a second touch that simply doesn't exist 

I don't know you can make such a conclusion. There's nothing there that obviously clarifies whether it's 1 touch or not. 

What I'll say is that looks from his body shape he's trying to hit it to Mullen's right, and it ends up going to his left. Difficult to envisage how that happens without a double kick. 

And why would all the Morton players, especially Mullen who had the best view in the ground, go and immediately complain about it to the ref? 

Edited by Jives Miguel

6 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

I don't know you can make such a conclusion. There's nothing there that obviously clarifies whether it's 1 touch or not. 

What I'll say is that looks from his body shape he's trying to hit it to Mullen's right, and it ends up going to his left. Difficult to envisage how that happens without a double kick. 

You don't have to imagine, you can just watch the video and see how it happened.  You can't just will a touch of the ball into existence no matter how hard you try. 

19 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

And why would all the Morton players, especially Mullen who had the best view in the ground, go and immediately complain about it to the ref? 

let it go GIF

19 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Do you ever see a comment that is so wrong you don't even know where to start with it, or just realise it's too heavy a workload to bother replying to.

Well now you have...

25 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Gordon Ramsay Crying GIF by Peacock

29 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

You don't have to imagine, you can just watch the video and see how it happened.  You can't just will a touch of the ball into existence no matter how hard you try. 

I have. It's about as inconclusive a video as you could possibly wish to see. 

Pretty laughable that Ayr fans are acting so partisan about it when that's all the evidence that's been published as yet. Cos I certainly can't tell either way. 

Would be interesting to hear how Ayr fans think you can hit the ball with your right instep towards towards the left and have it go in the bottom right corner. How does that work? 

1 minute ago, Jives Miguel said:

Pretty laughable that Ayr fans are acting so partisan about it when that's all the evidence that's been published as yet. Cos I certainly can't tell either way. 

Would be interesting to hear how Ayr fans think you can hit the ball with your right instep towards towards the left and have it go in the bottom right corner. How does that work? 

You’re a f**king idiot mate if you don’t think clip is conclusive. 

1 minute ago, Jives Miguel said:

Because he’s slipped and changed the angle at which he hits the ball. It’s not particularly difficult to understand. 

I can kind of see why Morton players might think there’s been a double touch but it simply isn’t there.