2nd vs The Invincibles

Setting aside (briefly) the extremely childish jibes about your 3 sided stadium, is there a plan for a fourth stand? Asked the same question to thistle fans recently about Firhill and it seems that, along with finances, the main stumbling block is planning permission and more specifically local residents being wanks and objecting to living next to a football stadium after having bought or rented a property next to a football stadium. 

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If its quality you Ayr fans like to see we better think about getting the gazebo back up on the East Side, fully expect 2500 of you through to see Keelan Adams, now that boy is real quality.

Is he good enough to be our backup right back? 

6 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Setting aside (briefly) the extremely childish jibes about your 3 sided stadium, is there a plan for a fourth stand? Asked the same question to thistle fans recently about Firhill and it seems that, along with finances, the main stumbling block is planning permission and more specifically local residents being wanks and objecting to living next to a football stadium after having bought or rented a property next to a football stadium. 

Nah, too close to the “blast zone” of the refinery.

10 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

You could say it's part of a longer term ambition but the truth is without premier League money and crowds there isn't really a need for it at the moment. 

As far as I'm aware there is long standing approved planning permission so it's just a case of cash and demand really.

8 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

The blast zone stuff is no longer an issue. It’s purely down to finance, we’re a fan owned club, don’t have rich owners and don’t have the money just now to build a stand/terracing in the space. Plus where we have been the past 5 seasons there was no real need for it, the support the majority of teams brought in League One we could just shove them in the corner of the Main Stand and didn’t really need to open the North Stand never mind thinking about building a fourth stand.

12 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

You could say it's part of a longer term ambition but the truth is without premier League money and crowds there isn't really a need for it at the moment. 

As far as I'm aware there is long standing approved planning permission so it's just a case of cash and demand really.

11 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The blast zone stuff is no longer an issue. It’s purely down to finance, we’re a fan owned club, don’t have rich owners and don’t have the money just now to build a stand/terracing in the space. Plus where we have been the past 5 seasons there was no real need for it, the support the majority of teams brought in League One we could just shove them in the corner of the Main Stand and didn’t really need to open the North Stand never mind thinking about building a fourth stand.

Cheers, suppose it makes sense to not build an unneeded stand if the current capacity cuts it. Falkirk more than any club have been wronged by the previous nonsensical stadium requirements. A terraced standing area would be cracking though. 3 sides is still tinpot (I did say briefly. Soz)

Edited by shizzlemanizzle

11 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Cheers, suppose it makes sense to not build an unneeded stand if the current capacity cuts it. Falkirk more than any club have been wronged by the previous nonsensical stadium requirements. A terraced standing area would be cracking though. 3 sides is still tinpot (I did say briefly. Soz)

I’d be happy with something along the lines of what you have built, mixture of seating/hospitality boxes with a terraced area at the front.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Really want to win this game. Plan to have a honking hangover, and 3 points would be just the tonic. 

I’m the opposite, no hangover but in hospitality so I really want to win and then get minging afterwards. I’ll have the hangover on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Really want to win this game. Plan to have a honking hangover, and 3 points would be just the tonic. 

Lean into the Saturday beers. The first few will be difficult but come 3pm you’ll locked and loaded. Coz you’ll not have the tonic of 3 points and if you drink enough you’ll not even realise. Sunday might get a bit awks so I would suggest more beer. Repeat on Monday if necessary. And, erm Tuesday etc.

55 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Maybe in another 15 years when his career at Man City then Real Madrid is over and his legs have gone.

I'm pretty sure Watret will move on so he may not need to go to such extremes to be backup to the following right backs.  

50 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Reckon anywhere between 700 and 1000 away support up for this 

Probably be around the 6500 mark then, good crowd for the second tier when you look at some of the shite crowds in the top flight.

4 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

We nearly sold out your away end for that Monday night quarter final 2 season ago . 

I've never felt so down leaving a game in my life .still haunts me .

Was a great night for us in what had been a long period of absolute shite. Was a great atmosphere and was good to see a decent support in the away end. Apart from the season the Pars were down with us we were pretty much starved of away fans and decent atmosphere in League One.

Apart from last season (obviously), that Ayr quarter was the highlight of an absolutely shite five or six years. Pretty low bar though, to be fair.  Should have been about 3 or 4-0 down at HT then game totally switched in the second half and we deservedly won (even if a slightly rotund Chris Maguire totally bottled a penalty).

52 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

We nearly sold out your away end for that Monday night quarter final 2 season ago . 

I've never felt so down leaving a game in my life .still haunts me .

1,300 Ayr fans for that game which was very decent considering it was a Monday night + live on BBC. Would be great if you could bring through similar numbers again on Saturday. 

4 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Won't happen til we have a sustained period of time in the premiership due to finance (unless someone wants to loan the club £5m) unfortunately, though crowds have been rising steadily to the point where we're not a million miles away from needing one which is nice 

Going back to the stadium talk and the fact we only have 3 stands. Give me that every day of the week and fill they 3 stands rather than the club borrow money we don’t have to build a 4th stand and we end up in the kind of mess ICT are in just now. Living within our means is the best way for us going forward.