Airdrieonians vs Dunfermline Athletic - Basement Dwellers Collide~!

That's a chance to win gone again and I thought we just edged it as the second half went on. But I can't see how that midfield combination was ever going to grab the game. Thought McDonald and Hancock were good in attacking but our  back three just don't seem able to link to the forward areas. And all that bye kick tripe should be halted. I wish FIFA would restore the rule which had governed the game for a century!

Dunfermline seemed determined to be a basic/percentages strategy and Todd was wasted out wide. I don't like criticism of the officials but the Ref was honking. Can't judge the penalty but it looked soft, caused mind you by our indecisive reactions. 

At least it's not a defeat and I'd be pleased to stick in till we get full strength.

On to EK for another easy win🤔

Jeez oh, that was eye bleeding stuff. Agree with the comments above that we are going to be the bottom 2 at this rate. Thought by the end we were lucky to come away with the point, but a draw was probably fair over the course of the game.

How McPake still has a job is beyond me, surely the board can see what the fans can?

The first goal in a match kills us.

If the opposition get it we're done. We almost certainly won't come back from it. The heads will go down and we'll usually concede again and probably lose.

If we score then McPake will shite himself and the team will sit back and back and back and invite pressure and we'll eventually concede at least one.

Obviously there will be the odd exception to both, but in general that's how it is now under McPake. Our best chance of winning is to take the lead late on enough that the opposition don't find time to score.

Just want McPake gone. I'm actually starting to dislike him now. The eye bleeding football has worn me down and he is ruining my enjoyment of going the football. I can't be ersed going anymore.

The fact our owners want out and won't want to pay him off makes it even more frustrating.

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

Just want McPake gone. I'm actually starting to dislike him now.

I find it interesting( and I feel this way myself) that whilst there's a general consensus that mcpake isn't the man to take us forward,  and there is quite a lot of frustration coming through in the ground over performances,  there is very little outright anger. 

Its just a weird situation with everyone waiting around on the club being sold and that end of things being sorted that any annoyance over results just linger in the background.

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I find it interesting( and I feel this way myself) that whilst there's a general consensus that mcpake isn't the man to take us forward,  and there is quite a lot of frustration coming through in the ground over performances,  there is very little outright anger. 

Its just a weird situation with everyone waiting around on the club being sold and that end of things being sorted that any annoyance over results just linger in the background.

Dont agree with your observation that there is little anger, fans around me ( and I include myself ) are furious with McPake and are voting with their feet even as season ticket holders they are staying away. If we had won to-day I would have gone next week but not now. 

1 minute ago, Ayrpar said:

Dont agree with your observation that there is little anger, fans around me ( and I include myself ) are furious with McPake and are voting with their feet even as season ticket holders they are staying away. If we had won to-day I would have gone next week but not now. 

Compared to how fans were reacting compared to when others managers were coming towards the end of their term I'd say there isn't much at all.  End of game today had the clapping between fans and players/management when they came over.    Other managers in similar situations would have at least a few dozen being outright abusive. 

How many McPake out shouts have you heard in the ground? It may just be where I've sat but I genuinely don't think I've heard a single one.  There's plenty of talk but in terms of things spilling over there's been absolutely nothing. 

Fans staying away is understandable, but that for me is still on the side of apathy rather than anger. 

Our support is apathetic just now. Feels like most are so jaded.

I was surprised at how many fans we took along today. At the start our support were behind the team, albeit fairly quietly with very little vocal backing (almost none). There were plenty of shouts of encouragement though.

We scored and the support enjoyed it but then half time soon followed. Not long after the second half began we could see how it was going and it was like there was just a huge sigh of "f**k sake".

Edited by DA Baracus

Most pars fans I know are just apathetic, outside of winning League 1 there's been nothing to get particularly excited about in recent years. No proper cup runs, no attacking football (really since Allan Johnston despite his flaws?) and just poor decisions being made at board level.

Thank McPake for getting us back to the championship at the first time of asking with ease to his credit, consolidating last season but there will need to be a change of management for the club to push on for a better on the field product