Aberdeen v Hearts - Sunday 6th Oct - 3pm

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ok. You win. Hearts are pish. 

Don't understand the rush tbh  to slaughter us, does saying it was a competitive game not put Aberdeen in a better light?

Not aimed you tbf

10 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

One of those days, eh? 

Hearts were good today, and sometimes that happens and the game gets away from you. Ultimately punished for not making the most of our many chances. Should have been comfortable by half time. 

They won the game and they’re on a roll, but Aberdeen look leaky at the back, their keeper looks vulnerable to any kind of cross, and I felt our midfield quite comfortably controlled most of the game. It’s not just message board bravado, there was really very little to recommend them beyond a bit of determination. 

Sometimes that’s just how it goes. Grant’s tackle was madness, and ultimately it’s cost us the game. 

They didn't impress today but they've been largely brilliant. Mitov has been almost perfect with cross balls as well.

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

They didn't impress today but they've been largely brilliant. Mitov has been almost perfect with cross balls as well.

I’ve only seen them against Ross County and today. Poor on both occasions. 

All joking aside, having seen them today it’s hard to escape the feeling the fixture list has been huge in their run of form. They’re carrying a lot of luck, and I think there’s a regression to the mean coming. 

Maybe they’ll prove me wrong, but I didn’t see anything in that team today. All the big moments went for them, and that just happens sometimes. 

9 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

There’s plenty Hearts fans on Twitter saying you dominated the game and were miles on top, ‘absolutely battered’ us etc.
You were slightly better than us first half, notwithstanding the fact we were 1 up for the majority of it so didn’t have to force the issue. Second half was even until the goals (though you had the one clear chance) after which we dominated. It wasn’t exactly a backs to the wall performance.

We were also always likely to finish stronger than you given you played away Thursday night - red card or not, that would have factored into both teams plans. A large number of your fans are acting like you were Borussia Dortmund against a poor, underfunded team from Glasgow and robbed out of a 7 goal victory.

This isn't twitter. 

26 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Duks pace at the goal alone showed a level of fitness that freaky Fatland has never had, nor will he ever have it.

Shanklands fat waddle top speed is funny to watch

Fatland. Wow, really nailed him there min.

5 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I've seen quite a lot of Aberdeen tbh.  

These are all facts.   You've got the best chance conversion rate in the league by a distance,  taking nearly 20% of your chances 

You've conceded more xG against than you've created In 3 of your 7 wins

Your xG is being outperformed in number of goals by almost 100% which is amazing but unsustainable.

You've played well, but not that well and these things will even out over the long run unless you play better

Only loser, virgin nerds care about xG. Are you a loser, virgin nerd?

4 hours ago, gannonball said:

Palaversa also ran with a cupped ear towards the away fans initially then ran behind the goals to the other side of it and stayed a fair bit longer. 

Regardless it’s bollocks and players should only ever be carded if they really have overstepped the mark.

That’s absolute bullshit.

He ran straight behind the goal, & then veered even further away from the away fans

Stop lying you absolute glue pot 

21 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I’ve only seen them against Ross County and today. Poor on both occasions. 

All joking aside, having seen them today it’s hard to escape the feeling the fixture list has been huge in their run of form. They’re carrying a lot of luck, and I think there’s a regression to the mean coming. 

Maybe they’ll prove me wrong, but I didn’t see anything in that team today. All the big moments went for them, and that just happens sometimes. 

Mitov was motm v County, min.

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Everything else aside, struggling to remember a better and more vocal domestic away support in recent times at Pittodrie than Hearts today, which kind of makes the victory all the sweeter. 

Aye, the Jambos have been pretty loud in the past few visits.

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Are we though? 

What luck did Aberdeen get today? Winning a game fair and square isn't luck. Just because Hearts felt they were the better team, doesn't mean you were unlucky not to win.