Aberdeen v Hearts - Sunday 6th Oct - 3pm

12 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Hearts have sold out their allocation at Pittodrie twice in 19 years.

I’ll let you decide 😆

But VincentGuerin said that wasn't the case. 

Surely he isn't just confidently stating bullshit and making an arse of himself? 😄

27 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I wonder why that is?

oh aye, you cut the allocation 

🤡

Amazing what you can do when you sell out the stadium every week rather than thousands coming out of the woodwork when you win a few games, isn't it?

26 minutes ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

Will these lads be coming to town with their flag again?

Hearts_Tories.jpeg

I’m assuming they’ve organised to have pre-match pints with these Dons fans 

IMG_5026.jpeg

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I would like to thank all the Hearts fans who have bought a ticket for their cash. In particular @VincentGuerin for what for him is simply a donation to Aberdeen club funds as he has no intention of using his ticket. Thanks Vincent.

I mean, I'll show up. Probably some time between 3.05 and 3.15.

How long will I stay? Hard to say. At least ten minutes. Unless it's already 2-0.

Was just reading a tweet that highlighted when we had a great start under Levein in 18/19, we were 13 ahead of Aberdeen at the end of October and finished the season 16 behind them.

Not claiming that'll happen or Aberdeen will have that bad a run. But it does highlight you can close big gaps, and also highlights how truly awful Leveins run was. God he was rubbish.

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Was just reading a tweet that highlighted when we had a great start under Levein in 18/19, we were 13 ahead of Aberdeen at the end of October and finished the season 16 behind them.

Not claiming that'll happen or Aberdeen will have that bad a run. But it does highlight you can close big gaps, and also highlights how truly awful Leveins run was. God he was rubbish.

Yeah I was at tynecastle when you gubbed us 2-0 (I think) and looked a good bit better than us. 

It’s still very early. 

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Similar to when that oaf Robson took over 18 months ago in Feb 2023

Aberdeen overturned a large Hearts lead to get 3rd 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah I was at tynecastle when you gubbed us 2-0 (I think) and looked a good bit better than us. 

It’s still very early. 

It is. I do think Aberdeen will have a spell where they find it trickier, just the nature of the league but I don't harbour much hope we will get close enough, purely because we are not looking like clicking. If we were to though, big gaps can gradually be chipped away at.

My thoughts were more on Hearts fans who seem to think we are destined for a relegation battle, not at Aberdeen fans who actually seem pretty level headed. Things can shift on a dime.

Allowing for the travel effects etc, I think there's a possibility that being away this week could be the best thing for Hearts.

The team have been away and out of their normal routine for most of the week and won't be returning home till after this game. Usually I'd have that as a real disadvantage, but when you're in a rut it's maybe a good thing to have your routine taken away from you and just try to change the mindset a bit.

A lot depends on how tonight goes, but from a management point of view I think I'd see this week as a bit of an opportunity to reset things.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

I do think Aberdeen will have a spell where they find it trickier

If we don’t then I’ll be telling the wife she can’t be relying on me to be doing such things as parenting in may. 

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

If only you did.

How much do those folk dressed as maroon seats pay? 

About £25 on average, I expect.

As I'm not a virgin (or bothered about attendances), I will stop flinging out bait now.

I do find it incredible that Hearts have managed to sell out the away end at £32 a head, though. Mugs.

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Amazing what you can do when you sell out the stadium every week rather than thousands coming out of the woodwork when you win a few games, isn't it?

Averaged over 17000 last season so there's not that many coming out of the woodwork