Aberdeen v Hearts - Sunday 6th Oct - 3pm

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

What is Pittodrie's capacity these days? Is it about 19k? Should be a good atmosphere.

Burrows said it was 18,800 a year ago, but since then they've been allowed by the council to sell out the merkland stand. However, by taking down the fence in the south stand they've also now increased the segregation between home and away fans which has lost seats.

So, probably about 19,200 is my guess.

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Don't normally ever look at other teams forums, but had a wee look at AFC Chat to see how confident the locals were. The main match thread is overtaken by one boy telling another he knows who he is in real life, and one other boy telling a fellow fan he doesn't deserve an opinion. Single club forums really are mental 😂

I'm guilty for posting on AFC Chat, but if you stay longer than five minutes you get pulled down some mad rabbit hole.

Problem is, Donstalk isn't busy enough and Aberdeen-Mad is just full of adverts. 

48 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Don't normally ever look at other teams forums, but had a wee look at AFC Chat to see how confident the locals were. The main match thread is overtaken by one boy telling another he knows who he is in real life, and one other boy telling a fellow fan he doesn't deserve an opinion. Single club forums really are mental 😂

I started posting on AFC Chat about 10 years ago. I lasted a month maximum. Dreadful place.

Getting slightly concerned that the stars are aligning against us here with the Mpape news and a couple of late result-changing goals from Hearts.

Home advantage in this fixture as well as Hearts travel exertions should go for us - but at some point one of these tight league wins we’ve had will go the other way.

What I'm quite looking forward to is Aberdeen won't put men behind the ball. They'll fancy their chances and be open, we've actually played pretty well in more open games this season and maybe not had the luck, but when teams sit in we really toil to break them down.

I think this will be very tight.

Hearts have maybe shown signs that things are turning slowly, with two injury time goals in the last two games & a deserved win against a piss poor Minsk. 

I have a feeling this will be unlucky 13 for the Dons, & it may end up 1-1.

I’lll have a stab at predicting the two X1’s, albeit the Hearts one may be tricky. I think a few changes for them.

Dons. 
                      Mitov    
Devlin Rubezic Molloy MacKenzie. 
             Shinnie Nilsen. 
   Keskinen Clarkson McGrath. 
                    Nisbet 

Personally I’d play Ante Palaversa but that’s the team I think Jimmy will go for 

Hearts 

Gordon. 
Forrester Kent Rowles Kingsley      
     Boateng Baningime.   
   Spittal Dhanda Vargas   
                Shankland 

4 changes from Thursday 

1-1

Nisbet for Dons. 
Sniper’s dream for Hearts 

3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Some of the funniest things I have ever read online were on the hat.

Unfortunately, some of the worst also.

Second line became more of the norm.

On 03/10/2024 at 11:48, Darren said:

About £25 on average, I expect.

As I'm not a virgin (or bothered about attendances), I will stop flinging out bait now.

I do find it incredible that Hearts have managed to sell out the away end at £32 a head, though. Mugs.

For a match that we will invariably lose 

4 hours ago, Dunty said:

Burrows said it was 18,800 a year ago, but since then they've been allowed by the council to sell out the merkland stand. However, by taking down the fence in the south stand they've also now increased the segregation between home and away fans which has lost seats.

So, probably about 19,200 is my guess.

Why has the capacity decreased? It used to have 21,000 odd seats. My bet is it's the f**king police reducing capacities on ridiculous safety grounds.

Mind all those Aberdeen fans who think 15k-18k is an acceptable capacity for a new Aberdeen stadium? Yet here we are expecting over 19k for a league game against Hearts - and there could have been more if the current Pittodrie capacity was bigger. Can only hope after occasions like this that those people start to see sense.

Just now, jamamafegan said:

Why has the capacity decreased? It used to have 21,000 odd seats. My bet is it's the f**king police reducing capacities on ridiculous safety grounds.

Police/council, whoever decides on safety certificates. We’re not allowed to/ don’t sell 3/4 stands to full capacity, that includes the bottom corners in the South Stand and behind the pillars in the Merkland and Main stands. The Merkland was further reduced capacity in the last few seasons as a condition of it being unallocated standing, it’s now pretty much full capacity with seats being allocated officially at least. This has raised the capacity of that stand by around 500-1000.

Segregation will affect numbers by a few hundred too. I would guess the usable capacity with a full away support is around 19,500.

34 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Police/council, whoever decides on safety certificates. We’re not allowed to/ don’t sell 3/4 stands to full capacity, that includes the bottom corners in the South Stand and behind the pillars in the Merkland and Main stands. The Merkland was further reduced capacity in the last few seasons as a condition of it being unallocated standing, it’s now pretty much full capacity with seats being allocated officially at least. This has raised the capacity of that stand by around 500-1000.

Segregation will affect numbers by a few hundred too. I would guess the usable capacity with a full away support is around 19,500.

Akan Burrows tweeted a while back it was 18,800 I think 

3 hours ago, MikeAFC94 said:

I stopped reading after the second post.

The first full sell-out of both home and away allocations since the Burnley match in 2018. The sooner Rangers and Celtic bugger off out of our league, the better for the other clubs.

I'm expecting a really tough match against a team that I anticipate will challenge us for 3rd position. I hope we can aim a bit higher, but given the wage disparity with Rangers and Celtic, it would be truly remarkable if we manage to achieve that.