Aberdeen v Hearts - Sunday 6th Oct - 3pm

On 03/10/2024 at 11:35, Tony Wonder said:

Was just reading a tweet that highlighted when we had a great start under Levein in 18/19, we were 13 ahead of Aberdeen at the end of October and finished the season 16 behind them.

Not claiming that'll happen or Aberdeen will have that bad a run. But it does highlight you can close big gaps, and also highlights how truly awful Leveins run was. God he was rubbish.

That's why, even if we win on Sunday and extend our lead to 19 points with a game in hand, it's far too early in the season to say that Hearts couldn't catch us, particularly given that last season they won six league games in a row.

I remember when we travelled to Kazakhstan and then beat Dundee United away in the Sunday match, so it's certainly possible that Hearts could beat us, despite our record of eight consecutive wins against them at Pittodrie.

Edited by betting competition

6 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

What I'm quite looking forward to is Aberdeen won't put men behind the ball. They'll fancy their chances and be open, we've actually played pretty well in more open games this season and maybe not had the luck, but when teams sit in we really toil to break them down.

The Aberdeen I’ve been watching this season are quite capable of sitting with men behind the ball and hitting with incisive counter attacks 

13 hours ago, starryfish said:

The Aberdeen I’ve been watching this season are quite capable of sitting with men behind the ball and hitting with incisive counter attacks 

I don't doubt they could approach it like that, but would be amazed if they faced a team in poor form at home with the run they are on and sat in.

5 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I don't doubt they could approach it like that, but would be amazed if they faced a team in poor form at home with the run they are on and sat in.

That depends on what you call “sitting in”. They’re quite happy to let the other team have the ball. That’s the basic style. Hence the narrow wins. Going to be a fun season!

12 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Our run will have to come to an end some time.

But I'm hoping it won't be until next season. 

Internationals next weekend so another few weeks with a unbeaten record sounds lovely 

7 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

There’s going to Bea display tomorrow for Neil Simpson. Seems to have rattled a few folk. Hopefully get some more fireworks on the go.

Tifo was leaked and the people are not happy.

Spoiler

https://x

.com/Kyle11101/status/1842663712185843776

1 hour ago, STFU_Donny said:

There’s going to be a display tomorrow for Neil Simpson. Seems to have rattled a few folk. Hopefully get some more fireworks on the go.

Hopefully our fans leave the Durrant shite out of the pre match tribute tomorrow. Simmie should be acknowledged for his contribution to the club over several decades on and off the pitch and not be associated with that bigot.

8 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Hopefully our fans leave the Durrant shite out of the pre match tribute tomorrow. Simmie should be acknowledged for his contribution to the club over several decades on and off the pitch and not be associated with that bigot.

I agree with that 100% alas I suspect you’re going to be disappointed. 

I do love the on-line seethe it has caused amongst the brain dead element of the vermin’s support though. 

”why is he being celebrated for a tackle?” I have seen from various fannies. 

Completely forgetting the numerous leagues, cups, European trophies accumulated in his time as a player, & his years of service after he’d finished.

There’s nothing thicker than a thick one of that cretinous, disgusting mob.

GIRFU every one of them.

Thank you for everything  Simmy & good luck in the future. 

Seeing Killie pick up a win as only added to the anxiety of this one for me.

Only way I can see us is getting a result is if we can get an early sucker punch, I think we'll have a better chance of sitting in and stopping your pace getting in behind us. We just don't have enough ourselves to chase the game as you'll just pick us off IMO.