Sons v Stenny Saturday 5th October

5 hours ago, Laurie Williams Loyal said:

I honestly can’t see why so many Sons fans think Orsi is a player, I have watched him for I reckon must be 4 seasons and his contribution is virtually zero,

3 goals since his arrival and his delivery in the attacking third is diabolical. 
God knows why The 🤡 swapped him for Lynas at half time, can anyone enlighten me on why he made this decision?

Nobody has said he is a brilliant player or anything like that. Simply that what we were doing in the first half wasn't working and the whole "not committing men" and "giving up possession" was just playing into Stenny's hands. He was the best option we had to change our approach.

I said it above, I think he should have took Millar off and kept Carlo further up the park (into the centre) because Lynas wasn't bad and also had his long throws to contribute at the top end. We also ended up with Hilton on the wing in an attempt to have all of our attacking options on the park. Whereas, if we had kept Lynas on then we'd have been able to cover the wings with Orsi and Carlo later in the match. Wrong move from Faz, IMO.

1 hour ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Naysmith has said a few times that he's very particular about the type of player he'll sign. They have to be good guys, no grown up Ned types, regardless of talent. They also have to be willing to die for the cause, even if not natural 'shouty' leader types. There are obviously plenty of games where these are not enough on their own, but the strategy has served us well.

It seems like Dumbarton have a few too many who while not workshy, are maybe a bit too passive and lack agression.

Aye, we should just go about kicking the opposition 'keepers!

2 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Naysmith has said a few times that he's very particular about the type of player he'll sign. They have to be good guys, no grown up Ned types, regardless of talent. They also have to be willing to die for the cause, even if not natural 'shouty' leader types. There are obviously plenty of games where these are not enough on their own, but the strategy has served us well.

It seems like Dumbarton have a few too many who while not workshy, are maybe a bit too passive and lack agression.

We don't lack aggression, we lack organisation.

2 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

Nobody has said he is a brilliant player or anything like that. Simply that what we were doing in the first half wasn't working and the whole "not committing men" and "giving up possession" was just playing into Stenny's hands. He was the best option we had to change our approach.

I said it above, I think he should have took Millar off and kept Carlo further up the park (into the centre) because Lynas wasn't bad and also had his long throws to contribute at the top end. We also ended up with Hilton on the wing in an attempt to have all of our attacking options on the park. Whereas, if we had kept Lynas on then we'd have been able to cover the wings with Orsi and Carlo later in the match. Wrong move from Faz, IMO.

Ah yes, the famous Lynas long throws. So useful to the team.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

We don't lack aggression, we lack organisation.

We lack both, to be fair.

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

Ah yes, the famous Lynas long throws. So useful to the team.

We lack both, to be fair.

Durnan, Clark, Gray, Niang and Ruth are all very aggressive players. That's the entire spine of the team, really. I honestly think with some disciplined organisation and a better game plan this squad would do fine in this league. 

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Durnan, Clark, Gray, Niang and Ruth are all very aggressive players. That's the entire spine of the team, really. I honestly think with Ian murray this squad would do fine in this league. 

FTFY

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Durnan, Clark, Gray, Niang and Ruth are all very aggressive players. That's the entire spine of the team, really. I honestly think with some disciplined organisation and a better game plan this squad would do fine in this league. 

I, anecdotally, didn't see a peep out of those players yesterday.

Didn't make the game on Saturday but brilliant to read that the team played so well and the reports on Aitken having a cracking game are fantastic. Hopefully the big man can keep it up and continue adding goals.

Despite Dumbarton being in the position they are, I'm always nervy when we play them. They do have some players that are more than capable and they usually tend to show it against us. Delighted with the 3 points.