Celtic v Aberdeen 19th October

The two sides with 100% domestic records go head to head after the international break at Celtic Park, someone will lose that 100% record... or both will if its a draw 😃

Tickets and allocations are always a hotly debated and a very passionate subject on here, Aberdeen could clearly bring several thousand to this match given the run of form they are on, while obviously they won't get that, in the midst of all the trends of away allocations being cut I'd like to see Celtic do the decent thing and give the Dons a bit more than the standard 800 or so in the away section... if for no other reason than to use as a bargaining chip for a few hundred extra when we go to Pittodrie.... I think unfortunately we all know that sadly that won't happen.

As for the match itself it could be argued that other than the mauling in Dortmund this is the first real test for Celtic this season and, in fairness likewise for Aberdeen, this will give an early barometer as to whether the Dandies can maybe mount s challenge for the title or, at least look to compete for second place and a place in the CL qualifiers in the summer. 

Barring an early red card this will likely be a very tight affair that I'm taking Celtic to edge it by the odd goal in three.

Celtic will turn up at their best, as they always tend to do against us. 3-0 or 4-0 to Celtic. I have zero expectation of anything else. 

It will be important for us to do well with the limited possession we will have and be effective in the transition but I expect a hiding. 

It says a lot that bookies think there is more chance of Wolves, a team with 1 point from 7 matches, beating Man City at Molineux (15/2) than an Aberdeen team with a 100% record have of winning at Parkhead (10/1)

Edited by 10menwent2mow

Living in Aberdeen has been tough going so far this season. There’s an Old Firmy arrogance about the place at the moment from a fair few of my pals in particular. Having said that, I will absolutely be backing the Dons to win this one and hope they do. 

4-0 Celtic 

We’ll get beat, that is inevitable. 

But I think there’s chances and potentially a goal or two in us. We can hurt them, but ultimately we’ll succumb.

I think I’m signed up to nilssen, palaversa and shinnie as the midfield 3 and the rest of the team pretty much picks itself. Clarkson dropping out most likely. 

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

It says a lot that bookies think there is more chance of Wolves, a team with 1 point from 7 matches, beating Man City at Molineux (15/2) than an Aberdeen team with a 100% record have of winning at Parkhead (10/1)

Not sure where your getting those odds from but Skybet has them both at 8/1.

Hopefully CCV is back for this as without him we definitely can be got at as Falkirk shown. 

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

It’s incredible the amount of dafties in their support that think we’re being serious.

The same people who would tell you they’d be happy to have a more competitive league, probably. Right up until the point Celtic might not win it. 

I think we need Sokler's legs up front for this one.

Tempted to start with Keskinen and Morris on the wings, and perhaps bring Duk on through the middle halfway through the 2nd half to stretch their defence.