Celtic v Aberdeen 19th October

Celtic will be right up for this.

Aberdeen have been getting the big build up this week in the media.

Celtic will be fired up to show who’s boss.

They're clearly miles better than everyone else in Scotland.

Celtic to win by 3. 

My guess at X1’s: 

Schmeicel. 
Johnston Trusty Scales Valle   
    Engels McGregor Hatate. 
    Kuhn Kyogo Maeda 

Mitov. 
Devlin Rubezic Molloy MacKenzie. 
            Palaversa Nilsen. 
                    Shinnie. 
      Keskinen.          McGrath. 
                    Nisbet 

5 hours ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

Realistically, Celtic remain most likely to win, but I'm hopeful that we'll see some progress from Aberdeen in terms of going to Glasgow with a game-plan, standing up to the pressure of occasion, and not (as we seem to have done so many times recently) completely collapsing within the first quarter of an hour. Yet another comfortable 4 or 5-0 for the home side would be massively disappointing. If we can demonstrate that the team is making tangible progress and can become competitive in these match-ups, then that's good enough for me at this stage.

This is the key point for me too.

We will likely lose the game, and any outcome other than a defeat would be brilliant, but our last three results at Parkhead are 4-0, 5-0, and 6-0. It can't be argued that those results were unrepresentative, either. 

The last time we scored a non-penalty goal at Parkhead was December 2019. Our combined xG across the last three games there has been 0.50. I just want to see us being much more competitive and coherent than we have been in those games. If it does turn into another one of the scorelines mentioned above, and especially if it plays out in a similar way it did in those matches under Robson, it does have the potential to burst a bubble (although that doesn't have to happen, of course). It sounds really negative, but how we lose on Saturday - if we lose - is also going to be important in how I view where we have got to overall. 

We need to be much better against the press than we were against Hearts. There has been a lot said in past defeats at Parkhead about how poor we have been defensively, and we generally have been, but maybe not enough is said about how poor we have been in looking after and building possession, and how that contributes to the feeling that Celtic are suffocating us and it becomes an onslaught. Palaversa coming in for Clarkson could help with this, although that does have the potential to weaken us creatively further up the park. Also tweaking the midfield shape to more of a flat three could be useful. I do worry a bit about the centre-backs after the last couple of weeks, particularly Molloy. Having said that, Molloy has probably looked more vulnerable to physicality than anything else, and that isn't Kyogo's game. Their attack obviously has the ability to cause us loads of problems, though, and that is without us replicating some of the things we were doing against Hearts to help them along the way. 

12 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

This is the key point for me too.

We will likely lose the game, and any outcome other than a defeat would be brilliant, but our last three results at Parkhead are 4-0, 5-0, and 6-0. It can't be argued that those results were unrepresentative, either. 

The last time we scored a non-penalty goal at Parkhead was December 2019. Our combined xG across the last three games there has been 0.50. I just want to see us being much more competitive and coherent than we have been in those games. If it does turn into another one of the scorelines mentioned above, and especially if it plays out in a similar way it did in those matches under Robson, it does have the potential to burst a bubble (although that doesn't have to happen, of course). It sounds really negative, but how we lose on Saturday - if we lose - is also going to be important in how I view where we have got to overall. 

We need to be much better against the press than we were against Hearts. There has been a lot said in past defeats at Parkhead about how poor we have been defensively, and we generally have been, but maybe not enough is said about how poor we have been in looking after and building possession, and how that contributes to the feeling that Celtic are suffocating us and it becomes an onslaught. Palaversa coming in for Clarkson could help with this, although that does have the potential to weaken us creatively further up the park. Also tweaking the midfield shape to more of a flat three could be useful. I do worry a bit about the centre-backs after the last couple of weeks, particularly Molloy. Having said that, Molloy has probably looked more vulnerable to physicality than anything else, and that isn't Kyogo's game. Their attack obviously has the ability to cause us loads of problems, though, and that is without us replicating some of the things we were doing against Hearts to help them along the way. 

I don’t have an issue sacrificing a bit of creativity to get in ante. Celtic are more likely to leave space for us to exploit on the break. I think the ability for ball retention and progressing it forward when we win it back is of more importance 

8 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Celtic will be right up for this.

Aberdeen have been getting the big build up this week in the media.

Celtic will be fired up to show who’s boss.

They're clearly miles better than everyone else in Scotland.

Celtic to win by 3. 

My guess at X1’s: 

Schmeicel. 
Johnston Trusty Scales Valle   
    Engels McGregor Hatate. 
    Kuhn Kyogo Maeda 

Mitov. 
Devlin Rubezic Molloy MacKenzie. 
            Palaversa Nilsen. 
                    Shinnie. 
      Keskinen.          McGrath. 
                    Nisbet 

That is starting line up I would go with for Dons and probably the winning margin for Celtic I am expecting as well. 

12 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

My mates do this every week in the WhatsApp group too, but what ref would have had you punching the air with delight?

None I was answering a question 

56 minutes ago, TopDon said:

None I was answering a question 

Well, no. You answered the question with a comment.

Your wee face implies you're unhappy with the appointment. Who would you have been happy with?

GIVE ME A f**kING ANSWER. 😡

Edited by VincentGuerin