Getting to league grounds with yer Talbot's etc was once something of a rarity that was normally only available through a Junior semi or final. 

Nowadays we're all in the Senior Scottish Cup it has become a fairly regular occurrence, so how many of the 42 league grounds have you been to with your side? 

I'm guessing Clydebank fans are going to have the most ticked off but I was surprised at how many I'd been to with the Bot since the mid 80's. I'm counting 20 but I'm sure others will have been to a few more that I missed. 

Hearts

Killie

Motherwell 

St mirren (love street only)

Ayr

Falkirk (new one and brockville)

Hamilton 

Livingston 

Partick Thistle 

Queens Park (Hampden and Lesser)

Raith Rovers 

Arbroath 

Cove

Kelty

Stenhousemuir

Bonnyrigg

Clyde (new Douglas ground share)

Edinburgh City

Stirling Albion 

Stranraer 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

well, it was useful having two teams to support: Meadowbank and Edinburgh City

I never saw Meadowbank or City at Easter Road, Celtic Park or Ibrox (trip in 1985 was a bit before my time). Meadowbank borrowed Tynecastle for a game against Ayr so I saw them play there. 

I did Ross Country when they were Highland League. 

I missed City playing up at ICT. City played at the Falkirk Stadium against Queens Park. Saw Thistle at Broomfield but never saw either team at the Excelsior (I have been there though)

I've done some of the grounds that are no longer there too but never went to Shawfield. Also those who have managed to get themselves relegated: Cowden, Brechin, Shire, Albion Rovers and Berwick. 

Edited by tamthebam

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Doing the 41 in my case. I've only ICT to do (better hurry up with that one... :whistle)

I did Ross Country when they were Highland League. 

I've done some of the grounds that are no longer there too but never went to Shawfield. Also those who have managed to get themselves relegated: Cowden, Brechin, Shire, Albion Rovers and Berwick. 

And the winner is…Tam. Doubt many if any Clydebank fans will match that.

4 hours ago, ATFC said:

Getting to league grounds with yer Talbot's etc was once something of a rarity that was normally only available through a Junior semi or final. 

Nowadays we're all in the Senior Scottish Cup it has become a fairly regular occurrence, so how many of the 42 league grounds have you been to with your side? 

I'm guessing Clydebank fans are going to have the most ticked off but I was surprised at how many I'd been to with the Bot since the mid 80's. I'm counting 20 but I'm sure others will have been to a few more that I missed. 

Hearts

Killie

Motherwell 

St mirren (love street only)

Ayr

Falkirk (new one and brockville)

Hamilton 

Livingston 

Partick Thistle 

Queens Park (Hampden and Lesser)

Raith Rovers 

Arbroath 

Cove

Kelty

Stenhousemuir

Bonnyrigg

Clyde (new Douglas ground share)

Edinburgh City

Stirling Albion 

Stranraer 

Add Links Park Montrose, remember we played Montrose Roselea there in the Scottish 87/88

I saw  Clydebank FC at every league ground except Ross County [I was at the Brit Awards on the night we won a Scottish Cup replay]

Since our adventures in the 21st century I still have to visit the new East Fife, Annan, Cove Rangers, Elgin City, Peterhead

The old 42, i think i had Berwick, Hearts, Hibs, Meadowbank, Livi, Falkirk (brockville), stenny, east stirling, airdrie, hamilton (new ground), ayr, stranraer, qots, dumbarton (both), caley thistle, forfar, arbroath, raith, east fife (old ground), cowdenbeath, dunfermline, st mirren, greenock, thistle, stirling albion, queens park and alloa.

Guid Few 

Premier

Celtic 

Aberdeen ( but not to see Bankies )

Rangers

Motherwell

Dundee Utd

St Mirren - Love St

Dens

Rugby Park

Easter Rd

McDiarmid ( not Muirton )

Tynecastle 

Only Ross Co missing

Championship 

Falkirk Brockville only

Ayr Utd

Livingston

Queens Park 

Morton

Partick

Accies ( few places )

Raith

Dunfermline

Airdire ( 3 grounds )

League 1

Kelty

Stenhousemuir

Alloa

QOS

Montrose

Inverness

Dumbarton ( both)

Not been to Arbroath ( bizarrely), Cove or Annan

League 2

East Fife ( Methil )

Stirling Albion ( 3 grounds )

Bonnyrigg

Stranraer 

Forfar

Clyde ( umpteen )

Edinburgh City ( friendly )

Not seen us play at Elgin ( couldn't go ), Peterhead and Spartans ( only played both at home )

So missing 7 of current 42. Seen us play at Firs Park, Shielfield, Central Park and Cliftonhill of the 4 ex League Clubs in LL

Easter Road (Hibs)

Hampden (Queens Park) 

Meadowbank (Edinburgh City)

think that’s it. We’ve also played Livingston, Kelty and Arbroath but all were at home.

Edited by .Stuart.

11 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Easter Road (Hibs)

Hampden (Queens Park) 

Meadowbank (Edinburgh City)

think that’s it. We’ve also played Livingston, Kelty and Arbroath but all were at home.

Also you may have been to Firhill for Junior Cup Semi v Bathgate and perhaps Somerset Park for old Ardagh / League Cup Finals?

Edited by Shannon