Accies VS Falkirk

Final game of the first quarter although we've already played 1 of our games in the next quarter already as we played Ayr twice in August. It's the 2 teams who got promoted last season facing each other for the first time this season. We've not been good enough recently and again a lot of it seems to be down to poor game management on Friday the players didn't look like they had a clue what they were supposed to be doing. I think at times this season we have shown we can be a decent team in this league but other times it has looked like it could be a repeat of what happened 2 seasons ago however we do have a much better squad this time. We picked up a good win against Partick a few weeks ago and really should have built on it but have failed to do so since and fallen to 2 defeats to sides that honestly looked quite poor as well. Though it was clear in the game against Morton that we were up against a side who had a plan and knew what they were doing where you couldn't say the same about us and ultimately that's why Morton are in the next round and we aren't. 

Falkirk have started off very well and been better than I expected them to be and they deserve to be currently top we might have not played them yet but I have watched a few of their games this season and they have looked as expected quite good. Had a good go at Celtic as well and didn't deserve to lose as heavily as they did. It does seem like injuries have started to have caught up with Falkirk a bit now with having guys like Maclver, Morrison, Donaldson, Lang and Mackie out. Maclver seems the biggest lost for them as he seems to be essentially a huge part of the way they play. You could argue here if Scott Martin is still out for us that both teams are missing their most important player. 

I don't think this game will be as bad as some of our fans are probably expecting it to be I have a feeling we might actually take something or have a better performance and lose by 1 goal. However we will only have a chance if Rankin gets the team selection correct and going off recently that isn't that likely. I really really hope he doesn't start Ben Williamson here as I have kept saying in the past weeks he is genuinely worse than a man down and the game will be effectively over before it starts if Rankin does start him. It wouldn't surprise me if he maybe starts McGowan which I actually wouldn't be against if it means Maguire is in midfield instead of Williamson. He should really be dropping O'Hara but that is really unlikely. Personally I would go with this (going on the basis that Scott Martin is unavailable)

Albinson 

Tumilty McGowan McGinty Longridge 

Maguire Barjonas 

Bradley  Smith  Henderson 

Shaw 

Edited by Ian Mcleod

10 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Final game of the first quarter although we've already played 1 of our games in the next quarter already as we played Ayr twice in August. It's the 2 teams who got promoted last season facing each other for the first time this season. We've not been good enough recently and again a lot of it seems to be down to poor game management on Friday the players didn't look like they had a clue what they were supposed to be doing. I think at times this season we have shown we can be a decent team in this league but other times it has looked like it could be a repeat of what happened 2 seasons ago however we do have a much better squad this time. We picked up a good win against Partick a few weeks ago and really should have built on it but have failed to do so since and fallen to 2 defeats to sides that honestly looked quite poor as well. Though it was clear in the game against Morton that we were up against a side who had a plan and knew what they were doing where you couldn't say the same about us and ultimately that's why Morton are in the next round and we aren't. 

Falkirk have started off very well and been better than I expected them to be and they deserve to be currently top we might have not played them yet but I have watched a few of their games this season and they have looked as expected quite good. Had a good go at Celtic as well and didn't deserve to lose as heavily as they did. It does seem like injuries have started to have caught up with Falkirk a bit now with having guys like Maclver, Morrison, Donaldson, Lang and Mackie out. Maclver seems the biggest lost for them as he seems to be essentially a huge part of the way they play. You could argue here if Scott Martin is still out for us that both teams are missing their most important player. 

I don't think this game will be as bad as some of our fans are probably expecting it to be I have a feeling we might actually take something or have a better performance and lose by 1 goal. However we will only have a chance if Rankin gets the team selection correct and going off recently that isn't that likely. I really really hope he doesn't start Ben Williamson here as I have kept saying in the past weeks he is genuinely worse than a man down and the game will be effectively over before it starts if Rankin does start him. It wouldn't surprise me if he maybe starts McGowan which I actually wouldn't be against if it means Maguire is in midfield instead of Williamson. He should really be dropping O'Hara but that is really unlikely. Personally I would go with this (going on the basis that Scott Martin is unavailable)

Albinson 

Tumilty McGowan McGinty Longridge 

Maguire Barjonas 

Bradley  Smith  Henderson 

Shaw 

McGowan? Seriously? Pray god he’s nowhere near the team! Slower than a week in the jail when he’s fit and I’d doubt he’s anywhere near match fit after his injury.

40 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

McGowan? Seriously? Pray god he’s nowhere near the team! Slower than a week in the jail when he’s fit and I’d doubt he’s anywhere near match fit after his injury.

Anything that keeps Ben Williamson from starting. McGowan isn't great but I would rather have him starting at center half and Maguire in midfield than Maguire at center half and Williamson in midfield. Olufunwa could also be an option but I'm not too convinced by him so far and I would actually say McGowan is a better option from what I've seen. However you might be right that McGowan might not be match fit yet. 

49 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

It's £20 & £10 now in case you didn't know.

I know, but they’ve only done that cos it’s on telly.  I’ve already decided I’m f**ked off with the original pricing and the disregard for the fans so I’m not going. 

Edited by Disco Duck

Hamilton still seems to be starting a decent number of the players that struggled against us last season so we should be reasonably confident of getting a result on Friday. 7th away game out of 9 matches means it's been a tough run of fixtures and if we can finish it off with 3 points it would put us in a good position considering we have a good number of home games coming up 

Got a 50th Party on Friday, so an excuse not to go and see another scudding while Rankin looks clueless in the dugout.

I am not really surprised Falkirk are flying as I predicted them being top three during the summer and if they can shuffle the pack as they are doing, they will be there or thereabouts.

Dylan Tait showing what I predicted on here last season as he now has a Manager who knows which buttons to press.

All about staying up this season for me  and not the nonsensical top four which Serif was blabbing about at The Fans Forum pre season.

A good Manager could get this Accies team fighting to scrape into the Play Offs, but we do not have a good Manager, so there we are.

A 1 or 2 goal away win looking likely here with Rankin coming out with the usual Post Match “Groundhog Day” speech we are accustomed to.

When it was 26/25 quid I had decided I wasn’t going, especially with it on TV. I know they’ve only reduced the prices because of that. But a cheaper ticket is combined with the fact that if there’s a Falkirk team that deserves our backing, it’s this one. Will probably make the call on Friday afternoon.  

I was just going to blag a concession ticket at the higher prices but I’ll probably pay full price now. Accies have an absolute cheek charging 26 quid. Surely nobody can justify that. 

Mind that odd ball last year justifying the first away game ticket debacle lol

Edited by Senor Bairn

Falkirk will win comfortably- I will go for 3-0.

Falkirk will have 3 or 4 times the amount of fans Accies will have.

Falkirk fans will spend the next couple of days crowdwanking and complaining about admission prices that were not what they were charged to get in.

22 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I just hope it's more entertaining than the last televised game we had. The longest 90 minutes of my life. 

Going to assume you're meaning the 0-0 at TFS early in the season. The 2-0 victory stroll at NDP in April was quite enjoyable imo.

Must've skimmed over any chat of ticket pricing, got ours yesterday and had been wondering about the large amount remaining - can't blame anyone for missing a Friday night, televised game after the run of away matches we've been on.

Probably still a decent crowd come Friday though.