Rovers v Spiders

A clinical team would’ve went in at half time 3 nil up and had the 3 points secured.

Some cracking games in the top division today had me thinking I’ve completely forgot the feeling of a euphoric victory. The late winners this time last season feel like a lifetime ago. 

I don’t think we’ll be in a relegation fight but our season truly is drifting into nothingness.

Tempo wasn’t there in the second half but Jack…how do you miss pal 😫

Horrible deflection for the QP goal however justified simply based on the fact that Rudden should never have been allowed to get the cross in.

4 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Draws are no use to us in this current predicament, goals win games and theres something seriously wrong in that department, your rose tinted specs outlook is admirable , hopefully come Januarys trading window you'll be proved correct though 

It’s not rose tinted, as I said, I’m hopeful but not blind to what we’ve been served up so far this season! 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Perplexed by that assessment. Easton isn’t what this team needs right now, with his (self-admitted) somewhat selfish nature. We need to get more opportunities from the kinds of play that see Dylan try to beat two or three people, and nearly always lose the ball. Once the team starts scoring a bit, then that play is more acceptable. I’m gonna say losing Dylan next week may strengthen us, and I’d like to see him move to the bench for a couple of matches. I think he’s a good player and has great talent, but sometimes he’s just not the right player, and during this trying time, I’m looking for a passer like Sam and Scott rather than a dazzler like Dylan.

Here the other question, who offers more, Dabo or Stevenson? If we’re playing four back, I’d like to see either Freeman or Dick in for one of them to buck up the defending a bit…and shockingly I’d say the answer is Dick for Stevenson right now. Playing Stevenson hasn’t paid off for us this season (yet), doesn’t make it his fault, but we’ve got to switch up something, and Dabo has certainly looked dangerous.

Respectfully, if you think Brown is the sort of passer that can create chances, I'm registering your whole opinion null and void. 

Easton is absolutely needed in games like today, instrumental in the goal, created space for Hamilton and Jamieson to get in behind and linked up a disjointed midfield and attack well for the most part. Dissent at the end (still wasn't a foul) aside, he was excellent again today. 

Yet another Rovers QP game finishes with less than 22 on the pitch, thankfully this time it was Easton going....just a shame it hadn't been sooner.  That all said, given the chances it really should have been a comfortable win for Rovers.  

Better second half from QP once we moved Longridge into the centre...Evans looked pretty good when he came on too.  Given the amount of balls that we managed to flash across the goal, it's a real shame that we don't have a tall striker to be there to knock them in once in a while!  Despite that thought Rudden led the line well today - not as quick to fall over as he has been in other matches I've watched him

7 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Yet another Rovers QP game finishes with less than 22 on the pitch, thankfully this time it was Easton going....just a shame it hadn't been sooner.  That all said, given the chances it really should have been a comfortable win for Rovers.  

Better second half from QP once we moved Longridge into the centre...Evans looked pretty good when he came on too.  Given the amount of balls that we managed to flash across the goal, it's a real shame that we don't have a tall striker to be there to knock them in once in a while!  Despite that thought Rudden led the line well today - not as quick to fall over as he has been in other matches I've watched him

Pity the rest of your team didn't follow his attitude, seems like you guys got a foul every time a player hit the deck.

7 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Pity the rest of your team didn't follow his attitude, seems like you guys got a foul every time a player hit the deck.

Not having this from a Raith fan - you guys have been shocking for this in recent years, the diving from Easton etc. last season in particular was pathetic. Comfortably the worst for it in the league.

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Not having this from a Raith fan - you guys have been shocking for this in recent years, the diving from Easton etc. last season in particular was pathetic. Comfortably the worst for it in the league.

I agree with you in the fact that Easton is frustrating, much like Nacho Novo when he played for us, infuriating for away fans but great when he plays for your team.

Just now, Keyser Soze said:

I agree with you in the fact that Easton is frustrating, much like Nacho Novo when he played for us, infuriating for away fans but great when he plays for your team.

Yup.  Good news for him [Easton] is that when he's finally hung up his boots all those pratt falls and over-exaggerated faux incredulous protests will see him getting plenty of offers to tread the boards on stage....most likely around Christmas time.  Much as though I enjoyed his red card today, it still doesn't beat him giving away the penalty that got us promoted from L1 a few years back....that was deeelish!  

Obviously wouldn't be saying any of this had be been, or if he ever becomes employed by us.  

1 hour ago, The Stig said:

Easton was booked in the first half for mouthing at the ref so definitely 2 bookings for the red

No, he wasn’t. Byrne got a first half yellow…Brown and Big Kev got second half yellows. Easton was given a yellow for disrupting the free kick and then a second yellow for dissent.

Just now, TxRover said:

No, he wasn’t. Byrne got a first half yellow…Brown and Big Kev got second half yellows. Easton was given a yellow for disrupting the free kick and then a second yellow for dissent.

This is 100% what happened. It was very clear from the away end that the ref booked him twice within about 5 seconds.

Just same old same old. Can’t finish and can’t hold a lead. Unlucky with the deflection but if you can’t put teams away then these things will keep happening. Two cards for dissent so that you now miss a game is embarrassing. On the plus side, great to see Stanton back and Dabo is a definite upgrade on Freeman. 

On 18/10/2024 at 09:21, Bring Your Own Socks said:

We’ve squeezed in another two wins in the challenge cup in that timescale also, albeit lower leagues. What’s noticeable in this table though, for QP, is all those points and only +2 goals. From what was on view last Friday at Annan though it looks very likely this will start improving very soon too. 

Felt like today, despite the deflection, we could have been playing until Wednesday and still wouldn't have scored.

24 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not sure about that. Didn’t see the second yellow coming out. Looked like a yellow and then a straight red for whatever he said to the ref.