Stirling Albion FC vs Clyde FC - 19/10/24

10 minutes ago, Scotchpie said:

No longer a member as its a waste of money as is having to watch shite like today. Forum was shite anyway full of wrong names 🤐. Did vote Ruddy off back in the day but you probably know that. 👍 

Probably wanting to get it before he disappears to somewhere else.

Actually I didn't. Self esteem taking a battering as a result.

Deserved win in the end.

Clyde look a side very low on confidence.

Crane being back made a massive difference on the left hand side.

Good to see Carrick rewarded for his hard work with a goal.

Great composure from Hilson to take his.

We weren't great but did enough.

Poor referee and linesman on our side no better. Missed josh kerr being a mile offside and then gave carrick off when clearly on. 

He seemed to get an amazing number of them wrong With a load of throw in decisions wrong for good measure.

Jordan Allan worked really hard for Clyde and looked very frustrated.

Martin Rennie can take a pat on the back and Cuddihy/Lyon at least did their jobs.

For all the hammering McKay took, Hamilton was equally as bad today. Compounded by a goalkeeper that was all over the place.

The starting lineup was wrong (incredibly, given it was obvious what it should have been) and the substitutions were absolutely wild. Dunachie was torn to pieces at right back, Scullion should have started but had an absolute nightmare when brought on. We badly need an appointment this week and it has to be someone that will simplify things down; for some reason we ended up with a diamond in midfield at the end.

Stirling don't overcomplicate things and worked a lot a harder than we did. Carrick bullied our centre halves all over the pitch.

I always take extra pleasure when we beat a team that swaps ends at kick off.

The second half performance was as good as we’ve played this season. However, we still pass up too many chances. 

Great to see Hilson, Crane and Davidson back in the squad.

8 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

Me too. We often do seem to win when that happens.

Tbf to Clyde it was a good plan with the sun and arguably caused the first goal. I'm not sure the corner that leads to it is conceded without Gaston having the sun in his eyes.

22 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

The second half performance was as good as we’ve played this season. However, we still pass up too many chances. 

Great to see Hilson, Crane and Davidson back in the squad.

Ross Davidson is a terrific player, who has unfortunately suffered from some dreadful injuries throughout his career.

Clyde though. Just put Ebbo in charge to continue the laughs..

40 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

However, we still pass up too many chances.

I thought it was absolutely wild how many chances Stirling ballooned over the bar today. It mattered not though because they were better in every sense. Whilst I don’t think they look “good”, they worked effectively. Very fair play. Cool strip too.

We look increasingly pathetic week after week. Darren Lyon playing the 10 was one of the most bizarre selections I think I’ve ever seen. An absolute ghost. I cannot believe he survived the 90. Martin Rennie somehow continues to look like our best player. We need a manager in charge for next week, caretakers never give a shit and it can’t continue.

Ross Lyon’s barnet is looking very healthy at least.

I was away and didn't make the home game when Stirling came to Hamilton.  I was told repeatedly that we played them off the park and that the Binos stole the points.  Well today was my first experience of watching them. Miles better than us in every area of the field with some outstanding individual performances.  Crarrick, Crane and Hilson all look like decent players, and why on why did we let Sula go?   Remember our 6-1 hammering of Stenny last season when Sula dealt with everything that came into the box?   Our defence was such a shambles today he must be delighted that he was let go.  

All I will say about today from our point of view, is that it was a totally unacceptable performance.  We took exactly what we deserved from that game, and we are now back to where we were last season - bottom!  Having spent a lot of money to get there.  McCall must be wetting himself laughing tonight.   

Stirling Albion fans were mentioning earlier that their team was inconstant.  We are not!  We are very consistent - just consistently bad.  

Positives today?  Always love a trip to Stirling.  Fantastic Bovril - one of the best and a far cry from the watered down p!$h that we get at Hamilton. And that Steak and Blaggis Pie....   Goodness, where do you get these pies?   It was up there with the best that Baynes sell, and they are good.  

Nothing more to say.  Simply disgusted with the shambles of a club that is Clyde FC.  

30 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I thought it was absolutely wild how many chances Stirling ballooned over the bar today. It mattered not though because they were better in every sense. Whilst I don’t think they look “good”, they worked effectively. Very fair play. Cool strip too.

We look increasingly pathetic week after week. Darren Lyon playing the 10 was one of the most bizarre selections I think I’ve ever seen. An absolute ghost. I cannot believe he survived the 90. Martin Rennie somehow continues to look like our best player. We need a manager in charge for next week, caretakers never give a shit and it can’t continue.

Ross Lyon’s barnet is looking very healthy at least.

You said after your first defeat to us that you wouldn’t swap any Clyde play for a Stirling player - is this still the case? 

19 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

You said after your first defeat to us that you wouldn’t swap any Clyde play for a Stirling player - is this still the case? 

Aye, out of spite, I’d rather get relegated than rise to your stinking patter.

As silly as your comment is, it illustrates how terrible a *team* Clyde are. I don’t think there’s any doubt that 1-11, each Clyde player on paper is a better option than any Stirling player. Stirling are maximising the talent of a fairly limited squad, whereas Clyde have taken a talented group and somehow made them one of the worst teams you could be unlucky enough to watch.

Pathetic all round.

5 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Not that it was the sole cause of the third goal, but that non-awarded handball is one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. A referee so incompetent that you could almost have mistaken him for a Clyde player today.

Stirling thoroughly ordinary and still rolled us over with ease (again). We are in big trouble.

He only used the 2 hands but

We looked a dreadful side today. Very disorganised and lacking any kind of identity. Our game-plan seemed to centre around trying to either fling a big diagonal out to the wing, or play a ball to Allan over the top, both of which were completely ineffective. The players are clearly short on confidence, but they also look a poorly coached side who have no real idea what’s being asked of them. Any new manager in the door has to get a style across quickly to these players, appreciating that he’ll only have a couple of nights a week to work with them. Certainly, based on his selection today, I hope we’re not considering Scally for the manager’s job.

In saying that, regardless of failings in management and coaching, some of these players need to take a good look at themselves. Guys like Houston, Robson, McKay, D. Lyon, Docherty, Connelly, and Allan, have all been a huge disappointment since they came in - thought it’s not an exhaustive list. We were bullied today and Stirling Albion worked harder for the three points than we did. The midfield three of Cuddihy, Murdoch, and Darren Lyon didn’t work at all and they lost the physical battle in the middle of the pitch. They’re all too similar players in that area and for all we signed several bodies in midfield, and it’s not a bad thing (on paper) to do, they’re all just a much of muchness. Darren Lyon’s performance was particularly poor, he’s one I’ve been really disappointed in so far, but it’s worth remembering he bit the bullet in this week’s game of number 10 roulette.

Hemfrey has generally been fine since coming in but was at sixes and sevens today. The two centre-halves were horrendous. I’m not a fan of Paul McKay in there. His performance in the East Fife game alongside Howie was comedic, though him and Hamilton gave that a run for its money today. My only possible defence of McKay for his error for Stirling’s second was he lost flight of it in the sun but having the two centre-halves competing for the same ball is amateur stuff. Hamilton’s another one who had an absolute stinker and it’s clear now that for all his aggression, his lack of comparative height for a centre-half can let him down at times. Houston’s been another big disappointment so far. He had a decent start to things here but has dropped off badly. I wouldn’t be against shifting Ross Lyon back over to right back and bringing Robson back in on the left, though it would make our back line even smaller. Whilst he’d certainly add height, I’m not in a hurry to see Dunachie there again. Whilst looking like prime Drogba at times during his early stint upfront I’m now left wondering what his role is going forward. He’s obviously signed a new long-term deal, but he’s definitely not a full-back, the experiment with playing him upfront hasn’t worked (I think teams wisened up to it pretty quickly), and I don’t think he’s a good enough centre-half. In saying that, I don’t think he’d have been any worse than what we saw there today.

Jordan Allan’s been a frustrated figure in recent weeks and I do understand it to an extent. His game’s generally about playing on the shoulder of the defenders and trying to get in behind but he’s been so easy to mark out of games with no support around him. I’m not even too bothered about the fact he seems to be spending more time offside than on at the moment as he does only have to get the break once or twice a game but, in saying that, the rest of his game really is painfully limited. His link up play has been pretty poor and he’s lacking the aggression to win the ball in-front of defenders and buy a foul or hold it up that he was pretty effective at last season. I don’t know if he’s frustrated, lacking confidence, or needing to get the fire back in his belly, but you can’t help but wonder if a fresh start would maybe have been the better thing for his career. Obviously I hope I’m wrong and a fresh face in the dugout can get him back to his best but he’s offering little at the moment. Robbie Leitch is another one who is just painfully inconsistent. I actually felt he had a decent game against Spartans but despite taking his goal well today, he was pretty anonymous otherwise. Shirking out a 50-50 in the second half is never going to endear you to supporters when you’re down the bottom end of the league either. Another one I think we would have hoped for more from.

It’s hard to see what we really being to SPFL at the moment. No ground, stuck down the bottom of Tier 4 again, no real community engagement (through not having a home), an extremely loyal but small fanbase. Combine that with the overspend of an already large budget, and the constant feeding of nonsense from the collective BoD (a new director appointed this week without even as much as an email update this time - which I notice seem to have stopped again?), it’s all very predictable and depressing. However, if Darren Young was in attendance today, hopefully that’s a sign that we’re trying to get him in rather than he fancied seeing his old team. He’s probably the outstanding candidate for the position as there’s nobody else available that really inspires confidence. It’s not too late to turn the season around, but whoever the manager turns out to be will have a sizeable task on their hands. Whilst McCall’s demeanour didn’t personally bother me too much, a manager who came across as giving a toss would probably be welcome after his predecessor.

Forgot to mention, I still can’t believe the referee didn’t blow for handball for the third Stirling goal. Kerr just about picked the thing up. I don’t think it’d have mattered anyway but it certainly killed the game off. A very poor performance from the man in the middle, rivalling the incompetence of our own gang.