Heart of Midlothian v St Mirren -19 October

Huge game this for us. The poor run can't really be allowed to continue.

There have been green shoots of recovery the last few games, hopefully the players take confidence from that and Critchley can get off to a winning start which will dampen some of the reactions to him getting the job.

Hope we keep the 4 at the back as we look miles better with it. Rowles and Vargas are travelling back from the other side of the world so wouldn't be surprised to see them on the bench.

I honestly think if we can get the first goal there'll be a confidence about the players, we can't keep having to try and fight back from losing positions.

I'll go for a narrow 2-1 Hearts win.

9 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Same. They were unlucky not to take at least a point at Pittodrie. I now expect them to claim all three points on Saturday...

We could quite easily have had 5-7 points from St Mirren away, County at home, Aberdeen away. But we only got 1. A combination of a bit of bad luck and just being low on confidence has cost us points.

In the run before that performances were abject, but it's been better of late. Same level of performance as we got at Pittodrie and we'll probably win.

Sounds to me both clubs have had bad luck stories recently when it comes to games. Hearts should really win this being at home with the squad they have. My Hearts supporting father in law always told me St Mirren were Hearts boggy team may that continue on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Sounds to me both clubs have had bad luck stories recently when it comes to games. Hearts should really win this being at home with the squad they have. My Hearts supporting father in law always told me St Mirren were Hearts boggy team may that continue on Saturday. 

I don't think we are Hearts boggy team, we just know how to pump them in games that really mattered.

Games like cup semi, cup final and relegation games.

With Sat game just being a run of the mill league game, i expect Hearts to pump us. 

I know fans of most teams think "Oh, team short of confidence, haven't won in ages.... a game against Saints will turn that around"... but I think this will happen on Saturday.

Not just because Hearts aren't as bad as results suggest, but we are absolutely bare bones (less than in fact) in defence; and that defence is playing in front of a keeper short on confidence.

Hope to be proved wrong, but got a feeling this will be a fairly comfortable Hearts win.

(Would love to have got you after a hard European night, but that seems to be Aberdeen's super power this season)

What’s the difference between a boggy team and a bogey team?

Anyway, Hearts will win this, as they should given the financial gulf between the sides.

Spittal had a verbal agreement to join us in the summer, then Hearts came along and made him an offer that blew us out the water. 
Quite remarkable that they’re sitting bottom of the league when you look at what they’ve spent. Won’t last long, I’m sure. 

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

What’s the difference between a boggy team and a bogey team?

Anyway, Hearts will win this, as they should given the financial gulf between the sides.

Spittal had a verbal agreement to join us in the summer, then Hearts came along and made him an offer that blew us out the water. 
Quite remarkable that they’re sitting bottom of the league when you look at what they’ve spent. Won’t last long, I’m sure. 

Stephen Robinson found.

11 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

We could quite easily have had 5-7 points from St Mirren away, County at home, Aberdeen away. But we only got 1. A combination of a bit of bad luck and just being low on confidence has cost us points.

In the run before that performances were abject, but it's been better of late. Same level of performance as we got at Pittodrie and we'll probably win.

Don't worry too much, it's likely to change on Saturday. Maybe if we take the lead, turning the crowd against the team and perhaps divesting your players of their recently re-discovered confidence, then we might get something. 

I'm not sure I buy the argument that Hearts havent been as bad as results suggest. Hearts were absolutely dog shit a few weeks back in Paisley, we should've won more comfortably than we did. Hibs and Valur are the only teams we've played this year who've been worse.

That said, I think they'll probably win on Saturday and I expect they'll pick up sooner or later. I'd take a draw without a doubt.